PDA

View Full Version : The Official Calgary International Autoshow thread 2011

Pages : [1] 2

Redlyne_mr2
03-04-2011, 08:16 PM
March 9th - 13th at the Roundup Center
Anyone going this year? I'm thinking it's going to be much better than last year. Post your pics in this thread too please.

4doorj
03-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm going!
I love going to this show.

beyond_ban
03-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I hope they have the revised 2012 GTR there... but regardless i will be there for sure. Usually takes me a solid 3+ hours to make my way through everything.

Sugarphreak
03-05-2011, 09:34 AM

danno
03-05-2011, 10:46 AM
i'm going looking for the r20. the wife prints the tickets = free entrance for me.

dino_martini
03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm going. Can anyone hook me up with some free passes? :D

Redlyne_jr
03-05-2011, 01:00 PM
A7 Will be making an appearance :nut:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm going, sadly I have a tight schedule this week so I won't be able to spend my usual 5+ hours there.

wintonyk
03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I am looking forward to this. Always a great show.

btimbit
03-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I'll be there!

Completely forgot why I booked the 10th off work until this thread. Thanks for the reminder! haha

Tuner1
03-05-2011, 10:58 PM
I will be there...at least five times :nut:

Stop by and check out our display. This year we are beside BMW.

Thanks

Orbie
03-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I hope they have the revised 2012 GTR there... but regardless i will be there for sure. Usually takes me a solid 3+ hours to make my way through everything.

It already made the Canadian debut at the Montreal auto show this year so it'll likely be there. But like every year expect it to be roped off. Too bad too as the interior is supposed to be a much improved would be nice to compare. Hopefully they have the blue one, want to see what that color is like in person. Either way hopefully they put on a good show this year, looking forward to it.

beyond_ban
03-06-2011, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Orbie

It already made the Canadian debut at the Montreal auto show this year so it'll likely be there. But like every year expect it to be roped off. Too bad too as the interior is supposed to be a much improved would be nice to compare. Hopefully they have the blue one, want to see what that color is like in person. Either way hopefully they put on a good show this year, looking forward to it.

Ya, i want to see the blue with the recaros...

chkolny541
03-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Sadly not in canada :( love going to this show each year

benyl
03-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I'm going. Can anyone hook me up with some free passes? :D

:werd: ;)

schocker
03-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Can't wait, love the auto show. I will spend hours and hours there on friday.

KandabashiDevil
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1
Stop by and check out our display. This year we are beside BMW.

Awesome! Glad you're doing the show again .... It'll be nice to see the booth out in the open. :thumbsup:

SilverStreak
03-06-2011, 06:55 PM
The Lexus LF A will be there in all its glory as well.

max_boost
03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak
The Lexus LF A will be there in all its glory as well. Wow. Worth the price of admission right there. :drool:

483hp
03-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Ferrari will be displaying a 458 Italia and a 599 GTO.

Redlyne_mr2
03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Yep LFA, new 6 series, 1 series M, 458 Italia, GT3 rs, should be a good one this year.

yellowsnow
03-07-2011, 11:39 PM
any coupons or deals for entrance tickets? usually they have something in a magazine or something

ddduke
03-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
any coupons or deals for entrance tickets? usually they have something in a magazine or something

+1

I hate paying for my gf to go when she doesn't enjoy it at all, atleast this can make it a bit better.

realazy
03-08-2011, 09:23 AM
There's an email coupon for Safeway to get the the weekend show tickets for $1 less than what Safeway is selling them ($12).

$12 - $1 = $11 for a weekend ticket.

Graham_A_M
03-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll be there, dunno what day though. Just a heads up, I saw the 1 series coupe when I was in Italy; don't get your hopes up expecting a blockbuster ;)
Can't wait to see the 458 italia though :D

civic_stylez
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Come say hi to us at the Bentley/Aston booth!!! We have some pretty cool stuff this year. :)

This show is going to see a little small compared to the Geneva show I just got back from!

Xtrema
03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
This show is going to see a little small compared to the Geneva show I just got back from!

No doubt.

jjmac
03-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by SilverStreak
The Lexus LF A will be there in all its glory as well.

Where do I buy ticketss :drool: :drool: :drool:

cream
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by jjmac

Where do I buy ticketss :drool: :drool: :drool:

Online from their site I believe.

&& for all you guys asking for discounts, isn't it just 10$ weekday and 14$ weekend? Like come on.. it's not going to set you back that much..

EDIT: Link Calgary Auto Show 2011 (http://www.autoshowcalgary.com/tickets.html)

beyond_ban
03-08-2011, 03:02 PM
^ Dollar here, dollar there, do it a million times you're a millionaire :rofl:

EK 2.0
03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yep LFA, new 6 series, 1 series M, 458 Italia, GT3 rs, should be a good one this year.

Agreed...

Cannot wait to see an LFA in person...:drool:

TC2002
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
Come say hi to us at the Bentley/Aston booth!!! We have some pretty cool stuff this year. :)

Looking forward to it! Will be there Friday (leaving work early). :)

dino_martini
03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by cream

Online from their site I believe.

&& for all you guys asking for discounts, isn't it just 10$ weekday and 14$ weekend? Like come on.. it's not going to set you back that much..

EDIT: Link Calgary Auto Show 2011 (http://www.autoshowcalgary.com/tickets.html)

Lol, everything is better when it's free/heavily discounted. If anyone is interested, CMP is giving away free auto show passes with every test drive.

corsvette
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Might go down just to have a look at the Volt......i must be getting old and boring when i get all excited to see a car i want just because it's cheap to run. But it would be nice to have a daily driver that i would hardly ever need to refuel.

Graham_A_M
03-08-2011, 07:04 PM
^ Im going to see GM's booth mainly, as well as the exotics.

Man that Volt has been a LONG time coming. Kind of a let down to what the initial car was supposed to be like, but still damn cool none the less. Hopefully we can sit in it.

Canucks3322
03-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I kinda like the Sonic :D

dino_martini
03-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Im going to see GM's booth mainly, as well as the exotics.

Man that Volt has been a LONG time coming. Kind of a let down to what the initial car was supposed to be like, but still damn cool none the less. Hopefully we can sit in it.

Recently I was in walt disney world, and GM sponsors a ride down there. When you exit through the gift shop there are a bunch of GM vehicles you can jump in and whatever. They had a Volt, doors were locked, but I must say it's quite an interesting concept. The only problem with electric cars in my opinion, what do we do when there is no oil to make tires?

nickyh
03-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Going tonight.
In the market for a 2nd car, looking mainly at BMW (328xi), Mini (JCW), Audi (A4 - husband trying to convince me on the S4).

Secondary: VW, Subaru, Mitsu

Right now the biggest struggle is use up the savings to buy for cash, or to take advantage of the low finance / lease rates.

K3RMiTdot
03-09-2011, 11:24 AM
hoping i can find time to go =)

dino_martini
03-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Walked through the +15 level of round up centre. It's looking good, Ferrari is finally on the actual show floor.

shakalaka
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Just bought two tickets for me and the gf. Will probably either go tomo or Friday.

People that have already been, what did you guys think?

Graham_A_M
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Recently I was in walt disney world, and GM sponsors a ride down there. When you exit through the gift shop there are a bunch of GM vehicles you can jump in and whatever. They had a Volt, doors were locked, but I must say it's quite an interesting concept. The only problem with electric cars in my opinion, what do we do when there is no oil to make tires?
Or (heavy/tar) Oil to make the roads we drive on, or Oil to make the plastic:dunno:
At this rate we'll be asking these questions a lot sooner then we'd like to be.

Oil is involved with pretty much *everything* we use in some occult manner. I really dont think people can readily fathom our dependency on it.
While I think its blindly foolish we burn coal to power these "green vehicles", these coal burning power stations are numerous times more efficient to operate then our grossly polluting internal combustion engines that each and every car currently uses.
After you factor in the power input, vs. the usable power output of an engine (taking EVERYTHING into account), their 7-40% efficient in most cases. Now times that by the whole city of Calgary, and then you can see that thats rather abysmal if you ask me.

redsrt4
03-10-2011, 12:25 AM
we went to the show while ago and i like the civic si concept and the green modified ford fiesta and of course those exotic cars too..

EK 2.0
03-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by redsrt4
we went to the show while ago and i like the civic si concept and the green modified ford fiesta and of course those exotic cars too..

I HATE to admit this in public...but yes...the new Ford Fiesta...I am really starting to like that car. And the "tuner" version Ford displayed...it was pretty cool. I obviously would have done a few things differently...but to each their own...

Phenix
03-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Any picture threads of the show yet?

whiskas
03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Went there last night, few things of note:

Ferrari, Aston, Lambo and all the exotic makes are front and center on the main floor, as opposed to being hidden in the side room like previous years. And there's plenty more of them.

Scion is there with a booth.

Saab was there suprisingly, with some pretty neat cars.

Mini had their vomit inducing SUV wannabes on display.

Chrysler had a couple Fiat 500's you could check out. My girl went absolutely nuts for them. They start at $16k and look a lot better than a mini.

I normally walk into the Buick/Lincoln section to smirk at all the white haired people oogling their cars, but I was seriously suprised by the Buick Lucerne, if I was old and wrinkly I would totally rock one.

Ford had a tuned and regular Fiesta available. Mazda has a Mazda 2 also on show so you can compare. I prefer the Fiesta. A Boss 302 Mustang :drool: was shown, but it was locked.

Chevy had a volt on display. Nissan also had their leaf on display. These cars felt more like an appliance than a car when you get in. No engine start or key. Just an on/off button, just like my TV hahaha. But nice to see some electric cars, because I definitely haven't seen any on the road.

There were a couple prototypes/concept cars. GMC had some abortion of god knows what, Granite, Graphite? I forget its name. Caddy had a concept that looked like in belonged in star trek and Scion had a prototype out.

Hyundai had a really cool little hatchback on display, forgot its name, but I really like the design direction Hyundai is taking.

VW didn't have the new beetle on display. You walk into their display and all their cars look the same hahaha.

Subaru was the same as it is every year.

Lexus had an LFA out on display, Audi had an R8, Mercedes had some cars with gorgeous matt paint, really purdy.

Range Rover had almost all their vehicles locked.

Zewind
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Looks like ill be heading there tonight, ill throw some pictures up.

redsrt4
03-10-2011, 01:09 PM
love the bmw x1.. and affordable too=)

cloud7
03-10-2011, 01:57 PM
The only problem with electric cars in my opinion, what do we do when there is no oil to make tires?

Good that tires are mostly made from rubber, which is from rubber trees and not from oil...

flipstah
03-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Gonna check it out this Sunday! Can't wait! ^^

Other than the usual "try and sit in an exotic and make rev noises", I wanna check out the new Focus. :drool:

vtec4life
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
Might go down just to have a look at the Volt......i must be getting old and boring when i get all excited to see a car i want just because it's cheap to run. But it would be nice to have a daily driver that i would hardly ever need to refuel.

The technology in these vehicles is too new to provide real "value" why dont you spend 20 G's less and get a loaded Cruze??? that 20 grand can pay for your gas for the next 5-10 years

btimbit
03-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Car that I liked the most was the VW Golf Wagon TDI, since that's the sort of thing I'm in the market for:nut: Volvo V50 was nice, but too damn expensive.

Drooled over the V12 Vantage and the Bentley's. Ferrari 458 was beautiful in person. Tunerworks had a good display. Didn't see RCTS, did I not look hard enough or did they not come this year?

Was disappointed in most of the Fords. Fiesta was what I went to see, since I wanted my girlfriend to get one, but I didn't fit in the damn thing! Seat didn't go back far enough. Chevy Cruze was extremely disappointing as well, same price as the new Jetta and the interior of the Cruze looked awful and the quality really bugged me.

Going again Saturday

vengie
03-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I want to take a close look at the F150 ecoboost

Sugarphreak
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM

Xtrema
03-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

I HATE to admit this in public...but yes...the new Ford Fiesta...I am really starting to like that car. And the "tuner" version Ford displayed...it was pretty cool. I obviously would have done a few things differently...but to each their own...

I jumped in a Fiesta @ CrossIron Ford store and surprised at how isolated the interior sounded with door closed. Beat out most cars I've been in.

bart
03-10-2011, 09:47 PM
it's a GT2RS not GT3

surprisingly no GTR

anyway kinda crappy show

shakalaka
03-10-2011, 10:23 PM
I am getting that black Vantage with carbon fiber accents. That for me was the sickest car of them all. That and the Murcielago, but only cause Murcie's are my all time favorites.

Alpine Autowerks
03-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by cloud7

Good that tires are mostly made from rubber, which is from rubber trees and not from oil...

it's about 1/2 natural 1/2 synthetic....there can be up 7 gallons of oil used to make a tire.

btimbit
03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I jumped in a Fiesta @ CrossIron Ford store and surprised at how isolated the interior sounded with door closed. Beat out most cars I've been in.

Something I noticed as well. I really like the Feista, but I'm too tall for it.:(

Two more comments that I forgot to mention before

No GTR:thumbsdow

But LFA:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ArjayAquino
03-11-2011, 10:32 AM
So no FT-86 Concept??

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/17170635/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/378/height/378/troll-face_design.png

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Spent 5 hours there yesterday! Learned some cool stuff.

Zewind
03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Ya - Not GT-R WTF

no FT-86?!

Land Rover had their concept - looks nice

Phenix
03-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Pics

http://thethrottle.com/2011/03/10/calgary-international-autoshow/

Disoblige
03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
LFA was sick in all angles. Loved everything about it. Sidevents :drool:

Orbie
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
What no GT-R? that sucks, really looking forward to comparing. Anyone see the Fiat 500's? how interesting were those?

Probably wishful thinking but don't suppose Ford had the C-Max on display did they?

RC-Cola
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Went last night, it was sweet as no one was there, very easy to get around and see the cars. Wasn't too sure if it was the time of the day or because school was out, but lot's of high school thug wanna-be's trying act like they can afford Bimmer's & Audi's. I LOL'd once as this kid with jean 3x the proper size, hat turned sideways was pissed that the 1M was locked and the BMW rep wouldn't let him in...

Anyways, lot's of exotics this year, front and centre in the middle of the main room which was sweet to see. MB had a nice display of their cars with most of them accessible. Disappointed with BMW's display, small less cars and nothing to draw me in. Lot's of people around the new X3. I was surprised how small the X1 was...

Overall the show is much smaller this year, I wasn't too impressed with a lot of the manufacters efforts this year other then MB and Lexus.

Oh, the Ferraris are simply pure sex. Not too sure if it was the lighting, the display or simply the cars, they are beautiful pieces of automotive art, more so then anything else that was there in my opinon.

heavyD
03-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Fiesta is a gay name but you can't argue the car itself is a winner.

flipstah
03-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Fiesta is a gay name but you can't argue the car itself is a winner.

Did you find your new love? :love:

What's the next toy for heavyD?

maxwinedog
03-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
but lot's of high school thug wanna-be's trying act like they can afford Bimmer's & Audi's. I LOL'd once as this kid with jean 3x the proper size, hat turned sideways was pissed that the 1M was locked and the BMW rep wouldn't let him in...

A.

ANd youre surprised by this because? If car shows are filled with wannabe teen bopper thugs who wear fake chains and pdiddy caps, then its ones who try to walk around showing off their prized posession gf.

dino_martini
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Went to the show yesterday, not too busy in the evenings. Lots of rich guys jerking each other off around the Lambo/Ferrari/Merc/BMW/Audi stands. saying shit like "oh yeah this R8 is the only car I would trade my S5 for.." etc...etc.

I'm slightly dissappointed the show got down sized this year, not even a shamwow stand in sight.

My favorite car of the show had to be the LFA, that car is amazing.

ianmcc
03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Some random droppings...
-I wonder what Ford paid to be placed right smack in front of the main entrance.
-Fiesta tuner was cool but needs the Ecoboost to back up the look.
-No Focus ST. Bummer.
-What's with the diamond tuft look in so many high end interiors?
-Challenger was really cool but had a limp noodle shifter. As did the Camaro.
-Soooo much grey hair wandering the Cadillac and Mercedes sections.
-Why did Dodge end up off of the main floor? Back with the work trucks?
-Red head in the Mercedes section pushing the Mercedes Driving Academy... :drool: I talked to her until my wife crossed her arms.
-Acura grill is still the ugliest thing ever.
-Thank god there were limited commercial vendors.
-Almost every black car was a metallic black.
-Selling photos with the Lambo?
-Going on a weekday=low crowd count.

heavyD
03-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Did you find your new love? :love:

What's the next toy for heavyD?

I got something coming. I don't want to build expecations because it's not a baller car but I like it.;)

911fever
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM

I got something coming. I don't want to build expecations because it's not a baller car but I like it.;)

I'm going to go with something NOT Subaru... hahaha

heavyD
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

I'm going to go with something NOT Subaru... hahaha

Nothing against Subaru at all in fact I would like to own one as it's a brand I have yet to own. The 2011 STI has a couple of major issues to me in that it's too similar a car to the EVO and in some ways would be a downgrade. Also it's an old car using an old engine and drivetrain. I want a new car using some new technologies. I would seriously consider the next gen STI which will have a new engine, maybe DI, hopefully torque vectoring and hopefully a better quality interior but that's probably going to be a 2013 car so an STI could be my next car after the one coming up.

Jlude
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
PICTURES!!!

Kloubek
03-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Orbie
Anyone see the Fiat 500's? how interesting were those?

Apparently, not very...

http://chivethethrottle.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/auto-500-p1000721wtmk.jpg?w=500&h=375

Orbie
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Orbie
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Orbie
03-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Apparently, not very...

http://chivethethrottle.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/auto-500-p1000721wtmk.jpg?w=500&h=375

Haha :rofl: guess that answers my question

wow somehow that turned into a triple post

J-D
03-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Going tomorrow!

msommers
03-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Pretty good show overall I thought. Definitely worth the few dollars to go.

Honestly though, one of my favorite cars there was the Lotus Evora. I want one!

almerick
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Went today, wanted to see the new A7 and LFA, was surprised no GT-R either

Edited for my crappy pictures:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0188.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0198.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0199.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0204.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0209.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0212.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0214.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0215.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0218.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0219.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0220.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0221.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0224.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0227.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0235.jpg
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/almerickw/Auto%20Show%202011/DSC_0241.jpg

Sugarphreak
03-11-2011, 11:35 PM

ExtremeSi
03-11-2011, 11:39 PM
All I got were some iPhone pics. Nice show though. I liked it better than last years. Too bad no GT-R and no FT-86. Would have liked to see the FT in person.

One of my favorite realistic (for me) cars:
Nismo 370Z
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0436.jpg

V12 Vantage
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0426.jpg

V8 Vantage modded. Carbon roof.
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0424.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0423.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0422.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0418.jpg

458 Italia looks soo nice in person
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0420.jpg

Evora
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0435.jpg

Gallardo in all black
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0427.jpg

LFA. Very nice. Actually pretty big car.
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0429.jpg

GT2 RS sorry for blurry pic
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0433.jpg

New Elise
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss193/ExtremeSi/IMG_0432.jpg

K3RMiTdot
03-13-2011, 05:03 AM
keep them pics coming =), cant make it this year =(

Vanish3d
03-13-2011, 10:53 AM
does anyone have any pics of the Jeep compass interior??
I wasnt a fan of Jeep but I loved the interior on that one.

unkicrackie99
03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Ahh I wish I was able to make it out this weekend :( Would of been awesome to take photos of some of the cars... :drool:

dirtsniffer
03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
...Second was the new 1M coupe... I felt pretty let down seeing how subtle the car was in terms of styling; after seeing the hardly improved specs over the 135i, I was kind of hoping it would blow me away in person and make up for it; but I had a hard time finding anything that really stood out at all aside from the orange stitching on the seats and dash. Nice paint job though, I do love that orange color.....

dude the 1m isdefinitely improved thoroughly revised. It has the m3's: lightweight wheels, differential, supsension and brakes.

what were you hoping for? 400 horsepower stock?
BMW wouldn't do that obviously, but the good people at DINAN will honor that warranty and give you 400hp and 400tq for not that much money. this car could be the next great tuner car

DubSport
03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
1 Series M Coupe looked better in person than I expected. I want one now that I have seen it in the flesh!

RC-Cola
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by DubSport
1 Series M Coupe looked better in person than I expected. I want one now that I have seen it in the flesh!

I agree, it looked pretty sweet, however $61k for the one at the show is a LOT of kitty for that car...

Cos
03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Went today.

- BMW was a big disappointment. Dont like the look of the new 6 series. M1 was a 135i with some trim pieces. Just overall kind of whatever.

- Scion has an awesome line up. Talked to the guy for a bit about the FT86.

- Subaru was :zzz:

- Caddy was actually really nice. The new CTS-V coupe was nice.

- Overall kind of meh. I spent most of my time over at the Porsche booth with a couple guys I know.

ddduke
03-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Went today.

- BMW was a big disappointment. Dont like the look of the new 6 series. M1 was a 135i with some trim pieces. Just overall kind of whatever.

- Scion has an awesome line up. Talked to the guy for a bit about the FT86.

I think the color of the 6 series is what really ruined it for me, I hate that champagne color.

Scion was definitely sick, Spent a long time looking at the IQ which I was very impressed with and I guess when it drops it'll be around 17k nicely equipped.

I was also a huge fan of the new Hyundai Veloster. Talked to the guy for some time and he explained how Hyundai is trying to take over the market and how much bang you get for your buck.

I'm a huge truck guy and mostly a fan of American vehicles but lots of these new compact vehicles were super cool this year. I spent more time looking at compacts then anything else.

shakalaka
03-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Have been looking to get either a X5M or ML63 AMG, was disappointed to not find any of those there. Although spoke to the people there and got all the information. Need to hit up the dealerships to check them out in person at some point now.

nrt_vw
03-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Never ended up getting down there. for fucks sake

zipdoa
03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Anyone who missed the GT-R - The last one was sold about a week before the show started. 2012's should be here for late summer.

flipstah
03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
My contribution:

The Volt is mighty impressive:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/5525196744_9f0ac9bb36_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525196744/)
Chevolet Volt Interior (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525196744/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5525194290_be06f36860_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525194290/)
Chevrolet Volt Interior (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525194290/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5292/5524596973_9105c071c4_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5524596973/)
Porsche GTR2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5524596973/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

I was genuinely impressed with the Kizashi, especially the interior. Look at it!:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5057/5525183124_3ba884e453_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525183124/)
Suzuki Kizashi Interior (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525183124/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5013/5525172620_7549cd90b7_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525172620/)
Dodge Challenger (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525172620/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5213/5525169930_34505044af_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525169930/)
Subaru AWD Front (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525169930/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5252/5524569985_e0d3301316_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5524569985/)
LFA Exhaust (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5524569985/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5137/5525159400_4261e04aba_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525159400/)
LFA (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525159400/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5525156886_e21147779d_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525156886/)
Lamborghini Delight (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5525156886/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5524540129_8434760c43_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5524540129/)
R8 LIghts (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcamacho/5524540129/) by djcamacho (http://www.flickr.com/people/djcamacho/), on Flickr

heavyD
03-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
Anyone who missed the GT-R - The last one was sold about a week before the show started. 2012's should be here for late summer.

Why would anyone miss it? It's not like it's new or anything and surely wouldn't be a reason to go to the show as there were lots of real exotics on display.

As for the show I noticed that most manufacturers were really showing off their subcompact offerings. Maybe a sign of the times with gas prices on the rise.

Disappointed the M1 was locked. Really it's an M1 for crying out loud not the LFA which looked fairly impressive.

Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, VW, Subaru really had nothing much going on. The domestics and Koreans at the moment have more compelling new cars IMO.

flipstah
03-13-2011, 09:55 PM

Why would anyone miss it? It's not like it's new or anything and surely wouldn't be a reason to go to the show as there were lots of real exotics on display.

As for the show I noticed that most manufacturers were really showing off their subcompact offerings. Maybe a sign of the times with gas prices on the rise.

Disappointed the M1 was locked. Really it's an M1 for crying out loud not the LFA which looked fairly impressive.

Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, VW, Subaru really had nothing much going on. The domestics and Koreans at the moment have more compelling new cars IMO.

:werd:

They were really trying to push their small cars right now because that's where the demand is; Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta/Focus, etc.

Test drove the Grand Cherokee Overland, Journey R/T today and sat in the Charger R/T while my friend did the driving.

- I am in love with the Overland(!) Range Rover equipment for >$60k. WOW. :love:
- The Journey is not my cup of tea but I can see why people buy 'em; has power, storage, and gizmos.
- Charger is mighty big and I don't like it.

soloracer
03-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I was also surprised by there was no GTR at the show. I figured they might have V-Spec model there. Good to see some nice exotics. I went with a friend who is looking for a smaller SUV. After sitting in an unknown number of cars I can say I'm not a fan of 90% of the interiors. Whoever is making that rough black rubber dash material is making a killing. One car nobody has mentioned yet, and is the most interesting one there to me, is the Cadillac Converj. The interior looked great and the exterior was stunning. Hopefully they decide to build it.

P.S. Baller Alert!!! The GT2 RS is still available - apparently the gentleman who put the deposit down for it decided not to take it. There are less than 10 coming to Canada.

flipstah
03-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't get why everything has to be electric; hood releases, e-brake, ignition...

The Kizashi's batt died and because the trunk release is electric, you had to fold the rear seats down, go in through the gap and push a manual release.

It's probably cheaper but... UGH! :banghead:

The hinge is a dying breed!