PDA

View Full Version : Non destructive inspector

redline_13000
01-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Anyone have any information on this job? anyone here do it? Ive been trying to open the sait website but it wont seem to work.:dunno:

Khyron
01-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Hell I don't even know what a destructive inspector would be, let alone a non-destructive one.

Khyron

Nate
01-12-2004, 02:37 AM
It's based mostly on oil and gas field. But also applies to aviation. You do x-rays, mag particle, ultrasonic. If you are really interested pm me, i can tell you more.

fast95pony
01-21-2004, 03:14 AM
I have a friend who has worked NDT for Canadian Airlines and now is now at Air Canada . What info are you looking for ??

I know he has taken some courses and recurrent training at SAIT.

Alan

szw
01-21-2004, 11:30 AM
I once worked for an company that did NDT on oil pipelines, but thier office in Calgary has since moved. My bosses sure talked up the field though, but they were a little biased.

edit: Although all the people I worked with were engineers. I didnt' know anyone who had taken a NDT specific program at Sait or anything. Perhaps those are for the field workers. If that's the case they said the pay was good but a lot of work/hours/travelling.

craigcd
01-22-2004, 12:29 AM
My dad does NDT.... you can take everything at SAIT there is alot of hiring right now in the field but you have to start out as a helper and i think its an apprentice program now not sure.