PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the car audio or alarm/remote start installers on kijiji

maxwinedog
03-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Just a heads up for anyone looking to get car audio stuff or alarm/remote starter installed in their car. Or if you know anyone, have them read this thread. A lot of these guys may know the industry and theyll say they have 5, 8, 10+ years experience working here and there but many are careless in going about their installs and just go for quantity over quality. Pretty much all of them work out of their garage and some are mobile that come to you. Theyre long time advertisers on kijiji too, theyre all constantly reposting their ads to get business so theyre not going to go away anytime soon.

Unfortunately i was an idiot and learned the hard way thinking i could save a good chunk of coin by getting someone on kijiji to install my system. But up to this date ive actually spent more now just to get the repairs redone right because of their careless hack jobs. Including what my buds have gone through, only 2 guys on there out of the 7 were doing an excellent job where it wasnt careless or rushed. I had friends as well with the same exp.

I dont want to mention names on here but if youre unsure about who to avoid on kijiji send me a PM and ill let you know. The scary thing is, one of them has their own shop here in the NE. Avoid at all costs. And this guy wasnt even that much cheaper than a prof. shop rate.

If i had the chance to redo this all over again from scratch i would have just gone to a place like audio concepts from day one and save myself the headaches and running around getting stuff fixed.

revelations
03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by maxwinedog

I dont want to mention names on here but if youre unsure about who to avoid on kijiji send me a PM and ill let you know. The scary thing is, one of them has their own shop here in the NE. Avoid at all costs. And this guy wasnt even that much cheaper than a prof. shop rate.

If i had the chance to redo this all over again from scratch i would have just gone to a place like audio concepts from day one and save myself the headaches and running around getting stuff fixed.

Please mention names.

Unknown303
03-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Please mention names.

:werd:

flipstah
03-07-2011, 09:17 AM

Please mention names.

+1. Why wouldn't you mention names and numbers?

maxwinedog
03-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Please mention names.

Cause i think one is a sponser on here and dont want to get in trouble from the mods. Grand Car Audio has completely new ownership. The 2 guys who own it id stay away from.

Aside from that, theres this guy name Mark in Airdrie who is mobile. Stay away, he rushes his installs and all he cares about is getting it done as fast as he can so he can move onto the next one.

Kavy
03-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by maxwinedog

Cause i think one is a sponser on here and dont want to get in trouble from the mods.

Regardless of being a sponsor or not a business is responsible for providing a quality service/product.

maxwinedog
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Kavy

Regardless of being a sponsor or not a business is responsible for providing a quality service/product.

Grand Car Audio. They have new ownership now. They may have had good rep before but id stay away from the 2 guys running this shop. Sloppy, rushed installs plus theyre not even that well priced. Mine wasnt even done properly and had to have all my speakers rewired. It was so bad, the dude who i got to fix it couldnt believe someone would do such a half ass install job. All these guys care about is working fast as they can and getting you out the door.

Afrodeziak
03-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Before slagging peoples names through the mud, it might be wise to have documented evidence that this is the case?

photo's of work, issues of the work, etc.

Also, not sure what you agreed to pay or the terms, but it's usually a good idea to pay a deposit and then the total amount once you're happy with the job.

edit: also wanted to add, make sure people have examples of their work (on hand) to show you the quality of their installs. If they can't provide this, then simply don't use them.

I am in no way affiliated with anyone mentioned or the shops.. just using my brain.

94_S14
03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Dont use kijiji for installs period, wtf!

I know you wanna save a buck but buy cheep buy twice. Especially with electrical, if places like FutureShop or best buy have been found with such issues (not saying they all do, or still do, i just know they have) then what makes you think some random dude in his 94 Dodge caravan will do a better job in your snowy drive way.

my 2c.

Splkia
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with the shop but maybe if you came to us first before slandering our names this issue could have been resolved.
ALL OUR WORK IS WARRANTIED FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN YOUR CAR.
Also there is only one new owner of Grand Car Audio.
And if you want to know our credentials I can gladly post them here. As will anyone here that i have done work for.

When was this work done What vehicle was it? We would of course be happy to try to help you resolve the issue(s) for you, even if it was done by the previous owner. Customer service is a TOP priority for us and we pride ourselves on our work and our experience.

Mar
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Someone did something for me.
I didn't like it.
I can't tell you who it was.
The end.

Chandler_Racing
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Splkia
I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with the shop but maybe if you came to us first before slandering our names this issue could have been resolved.
ALL OUR WORK IS WARRANTIED FOR AS LONG AS YOU OWN YOUR CAR.
Also there is only one new owner of Grand Car Audio.
And if you want to know our credentials I can gladly post them here. As will anyone here that i have done work for.

When was this work done What vehicle was it? We would of course be happy to try to help you resolve the issue(s) for you, even if it was done by the previous owner. Customer service is a TOP priority for us and we pride ourselves on our work and our experience.

I'll add a different perspective to this. You contacted me when I had posted an ad on Beyond looking for an audio installation.

I finally had some time to get it done and followed up with you. That morning, I called and told you what type of car I had, the exact model of Navigation unit, and such. You said, that you had a mobile appointment in the morning but scheduled me in for 3pm and told me that you should have it done within an hour.

I clearly asked you; "so you have everything 100% to install the unit including harnesses, wiring, and antennas" to which you responded YES. I leave to your house at 2:15 for a 3:00pm appointment.

I get to your house, you look at the unit and tell me that OOPS, I don't have the appropriate stuff to install the deck. By that time, you tell me the warehouse is closed and you will install it for me another time.

I would 100% not recommend you as an installer to anyone.

Splkia
03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Fair enough, that was when I was working from home.
My supplier closes at 4:30 so why i would tell you it was closed is beyond me but whatever.
I have no control over my suppliers inventory. When we had called they had told us they had the parts. When we arrived the part they were supposed to have was actually out of stock.
Also how does this relate to Grand Car Audio?
Your entitled to your opinion though.

Chandler_Racing
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
My supplier closes at 4:30 so why i would tell you it was closed is beyond me but whatever.
I have no control over my suppliers inventory. When we had called they had told us they had the parts. When we arrived the part they were supposed to have was actually out of stock.
Your entitled to your opinion though.

You do have control over saying that you have 100% of the parts required to do the install.

This relates to Grand Car Audio as your reputation does not leave you once you switch locations or company names.

ercchry
03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

You do have control over saying that you have 100% of the parts required to do the install.

This relates to Grand Car Audio as your reputation does not leave you once you switch locations or company names.

you sound like a prick.... shit happens, get over it. its hard to please everyone when you run a business, businesses should be rated on follow up to issues not issues themselves.

gpomp
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Your entitled to your opinion though. http://www.muonionalustameteorites.com/digging2.jpg

Splkia
03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
No shop in Calgary has 100% of the parts 100% of the time.
I admit I should have had the parts in hand before going on the word of the supplier over the phone for that I apologize, as i did on the day of your install.
I hope my reputation follows me everywhere as I have nothing to hide. I could have layed back and let this go on without replying but here I am say what you want.
End of the day I never have done any work on your car what is in question is our installs.

Chandler_Racing
03-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you sound like a prick.... shit happens, get over it. its hard to please everyone when you run a business, businesses should be rated on follow up to issues not issues themselves.

I simply stated facts without any childish name calling. It is unacceptable to have a customer drive across town when promised something would be ready to install and it is not.

He offered no appology, no discount, no nothing. I am over it though, just letting others know of my experiences with him so they can make an educated decision on choosing him as someone to complete a project

As an aside, what do you have to add to the discussion?

Splkia
03-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Chandler_Racing we could go back and forth with this but i'll extend an olive branch. Sorry things didn't work out with your original install. Going forward if you need anything done please reconsider and feel free to contact me.