PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of year again. LF: FT Work

Spoons
03-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Well school is done for me, and while I already talked Soundsaround into letting me stay for part-time work, the business is just not there to work full-time, never the less to make no money in commission is less than satisfying.

Ultimately I am looking for a full-time job for the summer until September when I return back to school. Staying with the company onto part-time work would be awesome, but not a huge deal. Doesn't matter what field, I excel where ever I am placed. I could wait till early summer for construction, but I want something sooner.

PM any openings my way or if you see someone hiring. Much help is needed. I run around trying to hand out resumes, but everyone points me in the direction of online applications. I've been browsing monster and what not, but it seems as though those sites are saturated with BS jobs.

Thanks Beyond, always have come through for me on this one.

M.alex
03-09-2011, 01:08 AM
I'll e-beg too - somebody hire me to do real-time electricity trading? I've always been fascinated with that particular market (Western elec.) but don't have any connections in that field to give it a whirl to scratch that itch. Hire me and i'll make you a kajillion $$$$$ (or some close proximity to that)?

maxwinedog
03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
wow the fall semester is done already? i thought summer break isnt till may?

Cos
03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Serious question, you are quite open about the use of marijuana. Are you still actively using and continue to keep using? We need help in the field but am putting my name out for you and need to know (and, think it is fair that other people know).

Fyi our staff is tested by clients.

Edited because swype doesnt work well for grammar.

Ven
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Serious question, you are quite open about the use of marijuana. Are you still actively using and continue to keep using? We need help in the field but am outing my name out for you and need to know (and, think it is fair that other people know).

Good example of what's on the internet is forever, and people remember too.

stealth131
03-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Serious question, you are quite open about the use of marijuana. Are you still actively using and continue to keep using? We need help in the field but am putting my name out for you and need to know (and, think it is fair that other people know).

Fyi our staff is tested by clients.

Edited because swype doesnt work well for grammar. What is wrong with marijuana while not on the job? It's not like the effects are permanent.

BrknFngrs
03-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by stealth131
What is wrong with marijuana while not on the job? It's not like the effects are permanent.

Clearly you missed the point of Cos's post. You'd be ok with getting someone a job at your company who subsequently fails client implemented drug testing? :facepalm:

Disoblige
03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Clearly you missed the point of Cos's post. You'd be ok with getting someone a job at your company who subsequently fails client implemented drug testing? :facepalm:
:werd:

And also, can't believe even a comment like "What is wrong with marijuana while not on the job? It's not like the effects are permanent." can be even seen as serious. Different people tolerate the substance differently. Just because you are not smoking it on the job doesn't mean you cannot be affected by it. Man, stupidity at its finest :thumbsup:

Cos
03-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Exactly. I am not passing judgement. I am not a saint either. That being said he is very open about it on the site. If I recommend him to my bosses and he doesnt show up for the interview after the drug test mention or he gets fired because of it. Your reputation is all you have.

Sorry to bring it out publicly. I thought long and hard before I mentioned it. A quick search of your username and the word brings up many posts of you being stoned so I figured it wasnt a private matter with you, and such deserved to allow other people to know what kind of work you may not be immediately qualified for.

Offroad
03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Dont mean horn in on original ops thread but what kinda field work you offering ? Just spent a self imposed 15 month sabbatical with my sizable buy out/payout from job i spent 23 years at now bored silly and want to go back to work. Oh ya no drugs and drink like 6 beers a year :angel:

Cos
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Offroad
Dont mean horn in on original ops thread but what kinda field work you offering ? Just spent a self imposed 15 month sabbatical with my sizable buy out/payout from job i spent 23 years at now bored silly and want to go back to work. Oh ya no drugs and drink like 6 beers a year :angel:

PM'd

gyu
03-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Cos

PM'd
Also interested!

Cos
03-13-2011, 12:23 AM
okay, so I am not running a free employment service here. I happen to know (through posts) that Spoons actually had qualifications I could use.

Graham_A_M
03-13-2011, 12:23 PM
^ Hey Chief, i used to work in the oilpatch doing wireline and a few other services, if you know of anybody looking then please let me know. Although I doubt it as Spring break up is pretty much now... :(

Spoons, check www.jobbank.gc.ca, I've always had much better luck there then I did on Monster.

InRich
03-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm looking for professional salesman to start May - Sept... its 100% commision, and your capable of making 40 - 50k in that time if you put the time and effort in.

A790
03-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by InRich
I'm looking for professional salesman to start May - Sept... its 100% commision, and your capable of making 40 - 50k in that time if you put the time and effort in.
Selling what?

InRich
03-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by A790

Selling what?

Roofing, Stucco painting, stone masonry. I'll have beers with potentials, and will train people I deem worthy as closers.

Rat Fink
03-13-2011, 01:34 PM

Cos
03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
haha Cos,

If my work gets slow I'll come and bug you for a job too!!

Haha if your slow... Im slow.

Graham I will let you know but that isnt the industry I am in but we affected by O&G so if I hear / see companys I will throw it into the career thread and let you know.

natejj
03-13-2011, 10:26 PM
If anyone is hiring warehouse workers, or call center workers, or basic tech support, or anything computer related, data entry, or even security, let me know! I am ready to work tomorrow!

heinz256
03-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by natejj
If anyone is hiring warehouse workers, or call center workers, or basic tech support, or anything computer related, data entry, or even security, let me know! I am ready to work tomorrow!

Aren't you in ATC? (sry, not trying to pry, just curious)

stealth131
03-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

And also, can't believe even a comment like "What is wrong with marijuana while not on the job? It's not like the effects are permanent." can be even seen as serious. Different people tolerate the substance differently. Just because you are not smoking it on the job doesn't mean you cannot be affected by it. Man, stupidity at its finest :thumbsup: People tolerate it differently while it's in effect, once it wears off you're back to normal. Just like getting drunk.

natejj
03-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by heinz256

Aren't you in ATC? (sry, not trying to pry, just curious)

I was. I was CT'd (Cease Trained) out of Yellowknife. Basically I wasn't doing well enough in training, so they cut me. Decided not to go back to Flight Services, so onto something new.

Spoons
03-14-2011, 03:31 PM

And also, can't believe even a comment like "What is wrong with marijuana while not on the job? It's not like the effects are permanent." can be even seen as serious. Different people tolerate the substance differently. Just because you are not smoking it on the job doesn't mean you cannot be affected by it. Man, stupidity at its finest :thumbsup:

Nail hit.

You all know me from my posts, I do partake. But it's a double edged sword. While I think it should be legalized blah blah, that doesn't make it suitable for the workplace. Do you drink on the job? No. So you probably shouldn't smoke on the job either. While I am maybe hazy on that there may be nothing wrong with smoking a joint after a days worth of work, if it isn't legalized and accepted that way, it doesn't happen for me.

I love smoking weed, in a suitable time or place, but I also never have a problem quitting it. It is never something I NEED. I never let it close doors. If something or someone requires me to quit, I drop it instantly. I think the ones that are opposed of workplace drug testing against marijuana are the ones that it has become a crutch to them.

Nooow back on topic. No worries about people riding on my thread, it wasn't just for me, more the annual summer job hiring thread... No need for a ton of them.

Cos
03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
PM'd back spoons

M.alex
03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Cos
okay, so I am not running a free employment service here. I happen to know (through posts) that Spoons actually had qualifications I could use.

Will oversee your oil & gas corporate divestitures for mod money?:dunno:

sabad66
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM

Please elaborate on this instead of just calling people stupid. Are you saying that smoking weed a few times a week in the evening (after work) will affect your work/career?

Cos
03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

Please elaborate on this instead of just calling people stupid. Are you saying that smoking weed a few times a week in the evening (after work) will affect your work/career?

If you work at a place that does random drug testing..... yes

sabad66
03-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Cos

If you work at a place that does random drug testing..... yes
That's not what I meant at all.

Cos
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM

That's not what I meant at all.

But that is what we are talking about in this thread, and that is why they called stealth stupid.

No one is arguing anything else here.

sabad66
03-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Cos

But that is what we are talking about in this thread, and that is why they called stealth stupid.

No one is arguing anything else here.
Read his quote again... notice something about tolerance?

Cos
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM

Read his quote again... notice something about tolerance?

Ah fair enough. I mistook it for just what the REST of us were on about. My bad.

Anyways I have had a good convo with spoons through PM. We are good and I have helped him out as far as I can.

Lets move on :hijack:

sabad66
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
lol ya.. i'm just bored in class and feel like arguing over the internet :D. glad to see beyond hooking people up with jobs!