PDA

View Full Version : Compustar 2WSSR error code

HiSpec
03-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I've been googling up and down different forums and I can not track down this error code I keep seeing on my remote:

U5-4

The symptoms associated with this code are:

1) Every so often pressing any of the buttons will show 'IDLE', but the car isn't idling, nor did it activate remote-start

2) Pressing the any buttons on the remote will give that 'U5-4' message, and beep (about 70% of the time).

3) Press and hold (II) button will sometimes trigger the remote start (as it should), but sometimes will display 'IDLE' or 'U5-4'

4) Basically remote starting is a crap shoot sometimes.

I am asking on Beyond here because I know some of you are installers here, and I figured it maybe something really simple that I can fix myself before heading into Autotech.

jadenstate
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
This is a warrany issue, there is a bulliten out for this. You should take it back to where you bought it and they should give you a new one. This problem can sometimes be fixed by changing the battery but it will keep happening.

HiSpec
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by jadenstate
This is a warrany issue, there is a bulliten out for this. You should take it back to where you bought it and they should give you a new one. This problem can sometimes be fixed by changing the battery but it will keep happening.

Do you have a link to this bulletin?

ooenergieoo
03-29-2011, 08:49 AM
I am experiencing the EXACT same problems. Can you please tell me where I can read up on the bulletin? Thanks!