PDA

View Full Version : Registries open later tonight, Friday March 11

tsuiso
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Hello,

I am going to Calgary this evening to look at and possibly purchase a car. I'll need an in transit permit, but unfortunately I'm not getting to Calgary until around 7pm and most registries are closed. AMA closes at 6pm too.

Does anyone know of a registry in Calgary that is open later than 7pm? Even 7:30pm would work.

Any help is great appreciated.

cheers
-Evan

Zewind
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Leave Earlier?

Wait till saturday?

:confused: :dunno:

Strider
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Crowfoot is open until 9
the downtown one on 11th ave is open until 8 - edit:New Urban registry, 11 Ave 1st St SW

joseph
03-11-2011, 05:00 PM
^^Yup New Urban open till 8 on weekdays

dannie
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Why bother with the intransit permit if you are just going back to Edmonton?

To get an intransit permit, you have to show the bill of sale and insurance. Which is the exact same thing that is needed for a plate.

Why not save yourself the cost of the intransit, and just register?

natejj
03-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Why bother with the intransit permit if you are just going back to Edmonton?

To get an intransit permit, you have to show the bill of sale and insurance. Which is the exact same thing that is needed for a plate.

Why not save yourself the cost of the intransit, and just register?

LOL. This.

tsuiso
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Thank-you for the suggestions, it really helped me out.

Friday is my day off, and the seller could not meet earlier due to work.

The reason for the permit and not registering it is because I will be swapping the motor and it will be off the road till end of April. No reason to pay insurance and registration for a month of the car sitting.

The permit was ~$30 and the insurance for a day was ~$5. I called and I got PLPD on it, then cancelled/reduced it to fire and theft the next day, and was charged 1/31st of my monthly payment.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate it.

cheers
-Evan