PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Lockout

AaronK
03-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Looks like it is almost there, the NFLPA decertified today so odd's are that there will be a lockout... This blows....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81eb6e46/article/league-will-lock-out-players-whose-union-decertified?module=HP_headlines

slick2404
03-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Brutal.

95teetee
03-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I honestly don't think it will happen.
The NFL can't risk going from the biggest, most successful professional sports league on the planet to...well, the NHL.
Although, admittedly. it couldn't possibly get that bad for them.

VWEvo
03-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Will any of these guys play in the CFL during the lockout?

Jeremiah
03-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't get how 50% of the players come from the ghetto to playing a sport for a living making ridiculous amounts of money and then complain it's not enough. :dunno:

wintonyk
03-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo

lol if they won't agree on the pay for nfl, they will seriously be disappointed with 50 000 a year

mac_82
03-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by wintonyk

lol if they won't agree on the pay for nfl, they will seriously be disappointed with 50 000 a year

It's not like most NHLers broke the bank playing in Europe during the lockout. It was more to stay in shape than make coin.

A|pine
03-13-2011, 02:29 AM
pc

CMW403
03-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I don't get how 50% of the players come from the ghetto to playing a sport for a living making ridiculous amounts of money and then complain it's not enough. :dunno:

I think you should probably do some reading pally. The owners want more money, the players are content with what they had last year.

Blacura
03-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

I think I heard something on TSN that there is some stipulation somewhere saying they can't. If anything most would go to the UFL if they can. They said the worst situation is for the guys that were in the CFL (Fantuz etc) but have NFL contracts and need to adapt to the nfl, now since they can't play in either.

Everyday that ticks by is worse and worse for fans.

There is no free agency. For teams that suck, and need to rebuild with free agency they could be screwed.

They draft is fine, but no deals with players for draft picks. Signing the new players wont happen till after a deal is done. At the best of times it takes along time to work a deal for the rookies but now it could be even later. They could miss some of training camp.

I don't think any side has the support of the public. It's two sides deciding how to split 9 BILLION dollars, it's disgusting. No real person can even fathom the amount of money this league is worth. I think it's so popular that it will be ok no matter what happens.

Spoons
03-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I highly doubt this will happen. It isn't for sure yet, and if the owners decide they want a lock out, I think this is where government (hopefully) will intervene.

One of the best ways to keep money in a country and spent on the economy is through live sports. In a country that has a failing economy at the moment, there is no way they will let the NFL go into lock out... The country makes a lot of money off them alone.