PDA

View Full Version : Crossfit Calgary: Intro to crossfit

rofltheory
03-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Hey everybody,
I am interested in attending some Crossfit introduction sessions. I am just wondering if there is anyone who has taken these classes and what do they think of the instructors? I have tried to learn some barbell techniques on my own but I am not doing so well. Thanks to everyone who will respond :)

trevh
03-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Oly lifting is one of the hardest things to learn. I highly recommend you spend the money for proper training. I've never heard anything bad about any crossfit company's in Calgary except for crossfit ramsay. I love the community that crossfit has and everything about it. Good luck

ffmf
03-12-2011, 12:18 PM
What's the news about Crossfit Ramsay? I'm about to do some intro stuff there.

rofltheory
03-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Yeah, please let us know about crossfit Ramsay, I would hate to have him as an instructor if he is incompetent.

scboss
03-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Be careful when doing cross fit, ive used parts of my training based around there principles for my new clients but ive also taken numerous lifting courses and to be honest im still not 100 percent on teaching the oly lifts.

The crossfit program is a great idea on paper but it has a high injury rate and a huge chance of burning out your central nervous system. Just be careful and pay close attention to the signals your body is sending you............

you can literally get certified to teach crossfit in 2 weeks so id be very carefull and do your research.

pinoyhero
03-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Give it a whirl and post your thoughts. I've been cfitting for a few years but always just at a globo gym cause its way cheaper, more conv and I feel I have a good grasp on the movements. You do have to listen to your body though; no pain no gain but easy to get crushed and quit. Better to rest or do scaled wods than burn out.

natejj
03-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I've been to Crossfit Ramsay 3 times now. I bought the 20 time pass off daily deals for $20 bucks. I love it so far. You spend about 20 minutes doing warmups and learning the moves. Then you spend 5-10 minutes doing the workout, and are DEAD after. It's fun. The instructor, I think Ken is the name... he's a good guy, really nice and helpful to new people.

ffmf
03-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Just finished my first class at Crossfit Ramsay. Good but killer workout, especially for out of shape people like me. Pretty fun, but we'll see after 19 more sessions.

RT16V
03-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by rofltheory
Hey everybody,
I am interested in attending some Crossfit introduction sessions. I am just wondering if there is anyone who has taken these classes and what do they think of the instructors? I have tried to learn some barbell techniques on my own but I am not doing so well. Thanks to everyone who will respond :)

Crossfit Calgary is one of the top affiliates in Calgary. The coaches are top notch and it would be a great place to try Crossfit and decided if it's for you.

The intro class is a great format as well since you will be learning the fundamentals with a group of other beginner Crossfitters.

whiskas
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
I started at Crossfit Calgary, they guided me through all the bread and butter oly lifts. They know their shit.