PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to "Chuckwagon Cafe" in Turner Valley?

JDMMAN
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone's tried this place out? They've been voted best burger for 2011 in the Calgary area. From what I understand, the owner breeds and raises cattle specifically for the cafe.

Guillermo
03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
yea, i've been there. it's great.

Graham_A_M
03-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Great food, one of the few places you'll go where the (owner:rancher) grows his own cattle specific for that restaurant. He puts a lot of pride into his food and it shows. Not many ranchers do what he does: but have also been to school for years learning how to be a pro at Steaks & BBQ.
Its a pretty casual diner type atmosphere, so definitely dont dress up to go.

Just be careful what you order or just simply ask for them to put no salt on the food. Both times I've eaten there I found the vegetables & potatoes to be *way* too salty.
Steaks were obviously just awesome though. :thumbsup:

All in all its a great place at a great price. Best to call ahead or find out the hours, I think their open from 8 til 3:00 generally. Its a great place to go before heading west, out towards the Sheep River area. Make sure you take a long stroll down that amazing road if you can on a nice day. Its just a well paved Heaven until you get to K-country. I love heading out there on my bike. :D

JDMMAN
03-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'd figure that their other beef offerings should be as good if not better then their burgers. I wondering if they also sell their different cuts of beef? I'm definately going to check this out! :thumbsup:

Hounddog
03-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I've had their breakfast specials - something else to try if you're there earlier in the day. Very tasty as well.

On a side note, although it's been a few years, the Longview Steak House, in Longview was quite good as I recall.

flipstah
03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Wow, this place sounds awesome! I will definitely check it out when I can! =D

Can I pick my own cow? :rofl:

msommers
03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Settle down Mr. Burns..

Graham_A_M
03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Wow, this place sounds awesome! I will definitely check it out when I can! =D

Can I pick my own cow? :rofl:

Yes if you go there a week early and pre pay :thumbsup:

No just kidding about the pre-pay part, they just take your credit card info. ;)

flipstah
03-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yes if you go there a week early and pre pay :thumbsup:

No just kidding about the pre-pay part, they just take your credit card info. ;)

http://www.pr-squared.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/MrBurns.gif