PDA

View Full Version : Any places looking for operators?

zachattack54
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
My name is Zach and I will be finishing SAIT's power engineer program. I will have a 3rd class steam ticket by the end of April when I finish the program.

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum had any leads for jobs for people in position with little plant experience(4 months last summer at Alberta Envirofuels)

Thanks a lot!!

Pinner
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
More info, where do you want to live/work,camp? Mechanical ability ? Just thinking your post was a bit vague.

zachattack54
03-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Preferably live around central alberta(red deer) but would be alright with working in a camp job.

I have been working with cars since I was 12 years old so I have a stronger mechanical ability than most guys in my position and I pick up new info pretty fast.

Darkane
03-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by zachattack54
Preferably live around central alberta(red deer) but would be alright with working in a camp job.

I have been working with cars since I was 12 years old so I have a stronger mechanical ability than most guys in my position and I pick up new info pretty fast.

Well you're pretty Limited in choices then.

Work at Nova, but the money is up north as I'm sure you've been told.

Move to McMurray, start at 130 - If you wanna work a little.

EDIT: Operations camp jobs are also limited and much harder to get into. You're also better off living in the big Cities in that scenario since they won't fly out of Red Deer (most of em).

Fly in/out by memory:

-Connacher
-Connoco
-Meg
-Stat
-Total
-Cynovex (might not have that right)

Pretty much straight SAGD. Won't find Fly in/out with open pit unless it's Kearl who are in Const still. Maybe CNRL if you like your life at risk ;)

rocketgirl
03-15-2011, 01:55 PM
how about SE Sask? You'd have to live in Weyburn though...