PDA

View Full Version : Cross Member

CRX-R
01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know of a company other that Place Racing that manufactures a tubular K-member for use on a CRX with a B18C5 in Hasport mounts? I've got Speedtech looking into it for me, but just wanted to see if anyone on here has successfully found one before.. Or currently has one they're not using?? :dunno:

cocoabrova
01-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Talk to jdmsource jdmsource (http://www.jdmsource.ca/)
(another one of our sponsors). They might be able to help you out.

CRX-R
01-12-2004, 05:23 PM
From the looks of their site they're only into JDM engines, not aftermarket fabricated parts.

cocoabrova
01-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R
From the looks of their site they're only into JDM engines, not aftermarket fabricated parts.
But they might know where to look since they've probaby sold alot of B18C5 swaps into cars other than Integras;)

CRX-R
01-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Nice, I'll give them a shout also. Thanks

C_CRX
01-12-2004, 07:19 PM
only 3 that I know are Place Racing, Z10 Engineering and Jimfab. If I had to choose one it would be the Jimfab. the guy who DESIGNED the Z10 unit came out and proclamed it to be inferior to the Jimfab.com unit since it'll bind. I'm going with a Jimfab unit myself whenever I decide to. Maybe we could get a groupbuy together? :eek: PM me if you want to know more about Jimfab.

Daddymax
01-13-2004, 10:23 PM
save your money. take you Xmember to a welder and get him to cut a peice out to fit your header. Then make sure to reinforce it. That's what lot sof guys are doing. I had to do that with my B16a when I got a 4-1 dc header.

CRX-R
01-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax
save your money. take you Xmember to a welder and get him to cut a peice out to fit your header. Then make sure to reinforce it. That's what lot sof guys are doing. I had to do that with my B16a when I got a 4-1 dc header.

doing it more for looks and weight than anything else. I'm having tons of stuff ceramic coated, so it was either buy an aftermarket tubular (lighter) cross member, or have the stock one ceramic coated (heavier). So I'm going with the aftermarket to match everything better. I'm even having the shift linkage done, just an example so you can see how far I'm taking it :thumbsup:

C_CRX
01-14-2004, 01:16 AM
The other reason to get a new/tubular crossmember is for downpipe clearance. Makes it a lot easier to add a 3" DP than having to cut the stocker. And the other performance minded reason is to reduce wheelhop. I know the Jimfab and Z10 units are adjustable too so you can adjust them to suit your needs. Very nice feature if you take your car to the track at all. All in all, good choice on 'upgrading' and doing it 'right'. :thumbsup:

AutodreamMarvin
01-14-2004, 08:33 AM
ceramic coating a crossmember?
why?

CRX-R
01-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by brbHPR
ceramic coating a crossmember?
why?

Why not?? Because if you're going to do all this work, paint, engine, interior, body, why not go the extra mile and make it perfect??

C_CRX
01-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Ceramic coating is for parts that see high heat usually (manifolds, etc..). Powder coating is what you want for other bits.

CRX-R
01-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by C_CRX
Ceramic coating is for parts that see high heat usually (manifolds, etc..). Powder coating is what you want for other bits.

I apologize, that is what I meant... I get the two confused constantly. Hell, all I do is drop it off, then when I come back it's all done :D