PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

G
01-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Here are my two options:

1) A lower model with a 280 HP/270 lb-ft V6 engine, navigation system with colour screen, Intelligent cruise control, Intelligent Key that unlocks the doors automatically when you walk up to it, DVD entertainment system with 7" flip down console for the rear cabin, Rearview monitor display for backing up and tire pressure monitor system, 18 inch rims.

2) A top model with 315 HP/329 lb-ft V8 engine with 20 inch rims.

All the amenities are exactly the same for both SUVs except the engine and the optional tech package. The V6 with the tech package cost the same as a V8 with no tech package. What would you do?

I am leaning towards the V8 because all that tech stuff isn't worth much in terms of resale plus $7000 is a bit much for those few items.

silverEL
01-12-2004, 05:35 PM
for infiniti suv's???
er what?
it would be nice to know

G
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by silverEL
for infiniti suv's???
er what?
it would be nice to know

Inifiniti FX35 vs FX45.

max_boost
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't think you need the navigation or DVD system. Are you going on long roadtrips or something? For that price you can buy all the road maps money in the world!

I would go straight for option 2:thumbsup:

silverEL
01-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by G

Inifiniti FX35 vs FX45.
no quetion id go for the FX45

no replacment for displacement

:D
and it comes with DUBBS

hockeybronx
01-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Go for the second one with the V8. If you are anything like me, all that electronic stuff means nothing when you're getting your ass kicked in races. Get the best engine first and then when you have more money later either put more money under the hood or then go buy those fancy electronics.

C4S
01-12-2004, 08:02 PM
First question is .. besides nissan SUX .. anyother choice ? :dunno:

If have to buy a nissan truck, then go for the FX45, if resale value is an issue, and if you won't keep a car long ! :poosie:

T5_X
01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Go for the V6. The VQ engines are amazing, you'll get better fuel mileage and it really does'nt sacrifice all that much in the way of performance... In fact, with the weight gain and 20" rims I don't know how much quicker the V8 would be anyway.

benyl
01-12-2004, 08:27 PM
FX45... My opinion of the FX35 is that it is just a Murano with different skin.

C4S
01-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I think their chasises are different .... Murano and FX ..even they both Nissan...:nut:

djfob
01-12-2004, 08:31 PM
More power or more stuff? I'd personally go with the fx45 cause you'd never use the dvd and navi anyways unless you got a family and go on roadtrips all the time.. But you'll be using the power all the time.

/////AMG
01-12-2004, 08:38 PM
1) A lower model with a 280 HP/270 lb-ft V6 engine, navigation system with colour screen, Intelligent cruise control, Intelligent Key that unlocks the doors automatically when you walk up to it, DVD entertainment system with 7" flip down console for the rear cabin, Rearview monitor display for backing up and tire pressure monitor system, 18 inch rims.

ecstasy_civic
01-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Both are great to drive, my dad just ordered his FX45 this weekend, Ive driven both, honestly not THAT much difference other than options, if you really want the 20s, they come on the 35 too.

Nadz
01-12-2004, 09:55 PM
option 2 all the way...
20 inch rimss
thats sik
:hitit:

Matthew
01-12-2004, 11:59 PM
The first suggestion that comes to my mind is to get a Ford. :)

Outside of that, I'd get the V8 and stop in at Map Town on the way home and buy a portable Garmin GPS receiver.

-Matthew

silverEL
01-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Matthew
The first suggestion that comes to my mind is to get a Ford. :)

Outside of that, I'd get the V8 and stop in at Map Town on the way home and buy a portable Garmin GPS receiver.

-Matthew
get a ford?
why?? to throw away your money??
or maybe the excellent resale value??

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

pinoyhero
01-13-2004, 06:44 AM
The 35 is nice but the 45 is just deadly I woulg go for the 45 if you can afford it. 20INCH!!!!!!!

Numb
01-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Why would you want a DVD player in your car? I never really understood this...

I guess I could see if it was in a van and you had a couple kids? But if this is just for you, I think the V8 would be an obvious choice:thumbsup: .

G
01-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by C4S

If have to buy a nissan truck, then go for the FX45, if resale value is an issue, and if you won't keep a car long ! :poosie:

I really like the look of the FX45 not to mention it is one of the fastest SUVs made. Faster than a X5 4.6 and the ML55. It has the same exhaust as the 350Z. When started it up on the test drive the growl was amazing. I guess to each their own. I like Nissans thats besides the point. I like the FX because it looks so unique compared to all the other square boxes out there.

benyl
01-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by C4S
I think their chasises are different .... Murano and FX ..even they both Nissan...:nut:

Yeah, the Murano is based on the Altima/Maxima platform and the FX on the G35/350Z platform.

But the resemblance in the body lines is unmistakable.

Have you looked at a Toureg? or a Cayenne S? They aren't boxy and have a lot of oomph!

I don't know why you guys get such a hard on for 20s. He could always buy them aftermarket.

ramminghard
01-13-2004, 11:39 AM
whats the average price on an FX45?

DonJuan
01-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by C4S

I suddenly have an urge to kill...

Originally posetd by Matthew

The first suggestion that comes to my mind is to get a Ford. :guns:

WOW i guess it is true that an IQ of <75 is a requirement to be a ford owner. :rofl: (Ford can't even compete with the FX series)

Go with the FX45 man and begin your all wheel drive assult on the blacktop. and get the Nav system too so it'll get you back home.:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
01-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by G

I really like the look of the FX45 not to mention it is one of the fastest SUVs made. Faster than a X5 4.6 and the ML55. It has the same exhaust as the 350Z. When started it up on the test drive the growl was amazing. I guess to each their own. I like Nissans thats besides the point. I like the FX because it looks so unique compared to all the other square boxes out there.

Sounds like you have already made your choice. Go with the v8 - better resale value, and for a couple of thousand you can have a better GPS or DVD player installed than the factory system if thats what you really want...

Matthew
01-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

WOW i guess it is true that an IQ of <75 is a requirement to be a ford owner. :rofl: (Ford can't even compete with the FX series)

While I realize that Fords are not a popular choice among the users of Beyond, it doesn't change the fact that vehicles like the Lincoln Aviator are extremely competitive with the Infiniti FX45.

-Matthew

benyl
01-13-2004, 11:54 PM

While I realize that Fords are not a popular choice among the users of Beyond, it doesn't change the fact that vehicles like the Lincoln Aviator are extremely competitive with the Infiniti FX45.

-Matthew

um no. Not even close. The Lincoln Aviator does not sell well because it is way too close to the top of the line Exploder. I would dare say that the Aviator is more capable off road than the FX45.

Ford does have some good products. I am not anti Ford as I had a Ranger for 7 years that never gave me any trouble.

Ducati
01-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Option #2. Go for the Engine, and forget all the glinkies.

rice_eater
01-15-2004, 12:02 PM

-Matthew

you just proved his point...it's lincoln Navigator and it looks like a freakin TANK!

benyl
01-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

you just proved his point...it's lincoln Navigator and it looks like a freakin TANK!

wachu talkn' bout Willis?!?!:confused:

DonJuan
01-15-2004, 10:19 PM

-Matthew
Case and point; I am indeed impressed with your punctuation skills, but the fact is that you couldn't be further from the truth. The Aviator although a very nice and capable machine cant hold a candle to an FX 35 or 45 on the road. Off road however the opposite would most definitley be true. As the V8 Explorer chassis is excellent for soccer moms and weekend camping, the FX is more for the racer who now has a wife and kids. I'm no Ford hater here either, (I work for em) but until they come out with an AWD 5 passenger Cobra, the Ford name won't come up in a discussion about the FX; Only Touraeg and Cayenne S need apply.:bigpimp:

04blackMAX
01-15-2004, 10:26 PM
id get the fx45..better resale,,,its like buying a honda civic DX when u can get an SI

Matthew
01-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

The Navigator and Aviator are different vehicles. Also, unlike the Explorer, the Aviator uses a 32 valve DOHC V8 with a variable geometry intake. With this engine, you could call it the "Cobra" of SUVs.

-Matthew

Big_C_racing
01-16-2004, 02:08 AM
It doesn't matter how much power you got when it weighs 4 tonnes!!!!!......Go with the FX45...more exculsive therefore better resale. When it comes down to quality, Japanese vehicles kick the crap outa domestics.