PDA

View Full Version : Telus

Spoons
03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Had that Interactive Pre-Employment Assessment test today for a job in technical support. It's the same test as customer service. Has anyone else taken it before? If so did you guys finish every section? There was some sections I just didn't have enough time for, and the multi-tasking was a little ridiculous.

I think I did well, but just trying to get a feel for how well I need to have done to get the job. When I call into Telus I get a lot of people that seem like they would fail that test horribly.

jaysas_63
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
i remember doing this test back in the day when i was studying at the UofA, and needed a summer job....i remember the test being pretty easy, i don't remember struggling with any sections. after the test there was an interview a week later, and they gave me the job a few days after the interview.

initially they told me that they would work around my school schedule, so that i could continue working part-time for them after the summer was over and school started up. but when summer came to an end, they basically told me i had to stay full time, or i was forced to leave. it didn't really bother me as i wasn't excited about working in the school year anyways. So they essentially payed for my training (about a month getting paid ~20bux an hr) to work one month:rofl:

spikerS
03-15-2011, 04:15 PM
there are a few beyonders that work for telus, including myself.

Quick question though, technical support for what? ADSL? Telephone? Mobility?

Most of the beyonders I know all work in Mobility at the 3030 building, and it is a pretty simple job for the money, awesome benifits that start on your first day, and guaranteed raises and cost of living increases, paid sick days and the works.

Telus is a pretty good company to work for.

Type_S1
03-15-2011, 04:22 PM
A friend went through this a few months back...thought it was hard but still got the job.

I worked at a call center for awhile well going to school...word of advice...quit after summer. The job is soo draining dealing with retarded people all day. I worked for Shaw though...may be a different at telus. If you get the job you are pretty set as they pay $20+ an hour plus have some sweet perks my friend tells me.

jaysas_63
03-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
A friend went through this a few months back...thought it was hard but still got the job.

I worked at a call center for awhile well going to school...word of advice...quit after summer. The job is soo draining dealing with retarded people all day. I worked for Shaw though...may be a different at telus. If you get the job you are pretty set as they pay $20+ an hour plus have some sweet perks my friend tells me.

i dunno about that man, job wasn't draining for me at all. i sat on my ass all day, picked up a phone, and clicked a few buttons on my mouse. when things were over my head, i called a "floor coach" over to basically do the job for me.

we had a lunch break, and numerous 15 min breaks, and i never felt under too much pressure. the ONLY thing i didn't like about the job was the amount of patronizing they do. our group team was named the crazy caterpillars, and our manager asked us to ring a cowbell every time we sold high speed internet, she actually had to have a talk with me one day about why i refused to ring the cowbell loool. she also spoke to us like we were mentally challenged.

so basically besides being treated like a 14 year old, the job payed VERY well, especially considering the experience needed for the position, and the actual amount of work done. the benefits were also good, unfortunately i wasn't there long enough to take advantage of them.

Spoons
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
It's with tech support home phone. We are moving to the mobility 3030 building in July too.

Got the second interview for Saturday.

Type_S1
03-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

i dunno about that man, job wasn't draining for me at all. i sat on my ass all day, picked up a phone, and clicked a few buttons on my mouse. when things were over my head, i called a "floor coach" over to basically do the job for me.

we had a lunch break, and numerous 15 min breaks, and i never felt under too much pressure. the ONLY thing i didn't like about the job was the amount of patronizing they do. our group team was named the crazy caterpillars, and our manager asked us to ring a cowbell every time we sold high speed internet, she actually had to have a talk with me one day about why i refused to ring the cowbell loool. she also spoke to us like we were mentally challenged.

so basically besides being treated like a 14 year old, the job payed VERY well, especially considering the experience needed for the position, and the actual amount of work done. the benefits were also good, unfortunately i wasn't there long enough to take advantage of them.

Maybe telus is different then shaw as I said. I was there for a year and a half and dealing with dumbasses who call in swearing and bitching about $1 overdue payment charge for themselves not paying the bill on time, screaming at you for having their TV disconnected or swearing and screaming their tv doesn't work when they didn't remember to press the power button....ya it is extremely draining. This was for Shaw Direct not normal shaw so I had to deal with obnoxious people from the east coast who sometimes argued with me saying they don't have an address and retarded people from ontario who think the world revolves around them.

The whole being treated like a 14 year old was apparent there. We had an asian gong though not a cowbell and I was top salesman 3 months in a row and did not ring the thing once. The managers also acted like their jobs were so hard and once showed me a project they were working on for two weeks which was basically just evaluating the NPV and benefits of taking on a project...something I could have done in an hour of my shift. Sucks having stupid people acting like you are the one that cannot do anything. /end shaw rant

But seriously spoons the pay is killer at call center jobs and benefits are good. You will make some good coin during the summer especially at Telus. Good luck with the second interview.

Spoons
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Well second interview went fine except one mix up. I guess on my phone interview I said I've never been absent from my old job at Soundsaround, which I completely forgot about my sick day back in October. I told her 4 lates with them too, she said I said 2 on the phone, but I remember saying 2-4. When they asked me why the numbers were different, I thought they were talking about the pre-employment test, in which I responded time was tight and I may have entered in something wrong because I was trying to finish within the time limit... But pretty sure now she was talking about the phone interview. Not sure how that is going to affect me... I've got strong references never the less.