PDA

View Full Version : Filing a False Police Report

JfuckinC
03-16-2011, 04:32 PM
How much trouble can someone get in for doing this?

Some greasy fucks filed one against me in an accident that was their daughters freinds fault, saying i was at fault. Anywho i have an unbiased witness from the street corner that will vouch for my story so i'm confident i wont take the hit from insurance. But i waNT these low life dishonest fucks to get ass raped... so ya, can they get in alot of trouble? I'm going to file mine tonight with all the true info and witness contact info.

And of course my Diagram I drew up in autocad lol

Plus can i release their info to you guys if i want? lol or will i get in shit.......

Agent_Oorange
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
It'd be in your best interest not to release their info until the Police and insurance companies have done their work, no need to mess up your case :)

JfuckinC
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Haha true, I'm just livid!

These idiots let their daughters 16 year old freind take there SUV out one night, she decides to turn on 3rd st from 4th ave across 2 lanes of traffic right infront of me like there's a justin bieber t shirt sale, i hit her on the side and they tell insurance i turned into them?

Take some fucking responsibility for your retarded creations and their friends :banghead: They were like hysterical and crying and shit and i wasn't even mad. I just said relax we'll figure it out and tried to calm them down. So much for being nice, shoulda box kicked them :facepalm:

roopi
03-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
So much for being nice, shoulda box kicked them :facepalm:

You should of but the accident never happend on the internet so you didn't.

shakalaka
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM
It's a criminal offense to file a false police report. Penalties can include, well various criminal sanctions. But the fact she's 16, she may get away with it. While you are at the police station today filing a report, ask the cop how much trouble can you get for filing a false report. And update us all as well.

JfuckinC
03-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd assume the dad did the report, the cops said I should be good because of all the info I have/the witness/the damage. I didn't think to ask them, but they didn't seem to care that it was reported wrong and just added my side to the existing one.... Fuck weak! Haha

elesdee
03-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Good luck bud. Fucks like these deserve to get raped by the full extent of the long, crooked cock of the law. Subscribed.

dezmarez
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Where is this AutoCad diagram.

I want to see your skillz

Tram Common
03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I'd assume the dad did the report, the cops said I should be good because of all the info I have/the witness/the damage. I didn't think to ask them, but they didn't seem to care that it was reported wrong and just added my side to the existing one.... Fuck weak! Haha

Nothing will happen. The police have better things to do than deal with people lying on accident forms, especially since a lot of accidents are circumstantial.

Unless you lost somehow and then appealed the decision higher up nothing at all will happen to her or her father beyond covering the damages.

Just take the win, spit on her father, and walk away.

JfuckinC
03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
That's what I said to my pops, they got better things to do. I can respect that.

Haha I'll post the diagram tomorrow. It's pretty funny.

syritis
03-16-2011, 06:33 PM
take them to court. if they lie under oath and can be proved wrong, it ends up in jail time for them i believe.
if they don't lie, then they'd be confirming your story which would end up exactly as your hoping for.

spike98
03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
The only time falsifying police reports really mater is when the crown can use it to squeeze out information or flip people to witnesses

Tram Common
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by syritis
take them to court. if they lie under oath and can be proved wrong, it ends up in jail time for them i believe.
if they don't lie, then they'd be confirming your story which would end up exactly as your hoping for.

No, not even close, it's all circumstantial... no POV is more correct than the other.

Just take the win and walk away.

shakalaka
03-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

No, not even close, it's all circumstantial... no POV is more correct than the other.

Just take the win and walk away.

It's not circumstantial when one party has unbiased witnesses. Circumstantial would be when it's one persons word against the other, or the police investigates the crime scene and reach a certain conclusion based on the circumstances (skid marks, angle of hit etc). It's considered circumstantial because it's not 100% at that point, which is why not as much weight is given to it in Court. The whole point of witnesses is that the police has enough evidence/proof to go against one of the parties.

Technically, falsifying a police report IS a crime and if one was to pursue it, they can cause significant problems for the lying side. Considering that they have evidence, which the OP states that he does in the form of unbiased witness. Lying in the Court though is a whole another step up and if proven is called Perjury. It's considered a pretty serious offence since the person is lying under the oath.

Tram Common
03-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

It's not circumstantial when one party has unbiased witnesses. Circumstantial would be when it's one persons word against the other, or the police investigates the crime scene and reach a certain conclusion based on the circumstances (skid marks, angle of hit etc). It's considered circumstantial because it's not 100% at that point, which is why not as much weight is given to it in Court. The whole point of witnesses is that the police has enough evidence/proof to go against one of the parties.

I can tell you've never been to court.

It doesn't matter who the witness sides with, it doesn't matter how much evidence is against you... every person is entitled to plead innocent no matter what the charge or crime... there's absolutely no penalty for doing so.

shakalaka
03-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I've never been to court?

LOL

I was gonna get into all this, but I am just going to leave it here. No point in trying to educate the close minded.

FraserB
03-16-2011, 10:19 PM

I can tell you've never been to court.

It doesn't matter who the witness sides with, it doesn't matter how much evidence is against you... every person is entitled to plead innocent no matter what the charge or crime... there's absolutely no penalty for doing so.

You're a retard.

Shak is a lawyer.

Tram Common
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

You're a retard.

Shak is a lawyer.

Oh really? Me too! I'm also a fighter jet pilot and a doctor. :clap:

I was gonna get into all this, but I am just going to leave it here. No point in trying to educate the close minded.

There's nothing to get into, there are no consequences for filling out a police report that says you're the innocent one in a car crash.

The witness and the other police report will say otherwise and a decision should favour them... but there's nothing illegal about filling it out the way you saw it, even if it's wrong... it's circumstantial and if you were a lawyer you'd know all this very well.

The only thing illegal would be to fill it out blatantly lying about things, like saying your car was somewhere it absolutely wasn't, going the opposite direction or something... which isn't what this girl or her father did, they just turned it around as though it was JC's fault the accident occurred... and there's nothing illegal about that.

v2kai
03-17-2011, 12:02 AM
That's what I said to my pops, they got better things to do. I can respect that.

Haha I'll post the diagram tomorrow. It's pretty funny.

subscribed for your shitty CAD skillz:poosie:

Shlade
03-17-2011, 12:02 AM
EDIT: Release the info and let their lives be ruined.

shakalaka
03-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

You're a retard.

Shak is a lawyer.

Haha thanks Fraser, but I am not quite a lawyer yet.

I finished law school, got one last exam before I can begin articling. But contrary to Tram_Common's belief here, I have been to courts more times than I care to count.

Oh really? Me too! I'm also a fighter jet pilot and a doctor. :clap:

There's nothing to get into, there are no consequences for filling out a police report that says you're the innocent one in a car crash.

The witness and the other police report will say otherwise and a decision should favour them... but there's nothing illegal about filling it out the way you saw it, even if it's wrong... it's circumstantial and if you were a lawyer you'd know all this very well.

The only thing illegal would be to fill it out blatantly lying about things, like saying your car was somewhere it absolutely wasn't, going the opposite direction or something... which isn't what this girl or her father did, they just turned it around as though it was JC's fault the accident occurred... and there's nothing illegal about that.

Do you not understand the concept of falsifying something? You do know what that word means right? Right from the start, I have been stating that FALSIFYING a police report is a crime. When did I ever say that writing a report under a honest mistaken belief a crime? There is a huge difference in someone trying to purposely lie on a report (crime) and writing what happened while honestly believing in it (not a crime).

And if you had read the facts of the present scenario properly, you would have realized that it was indeed the girls fault and later the father lied on the police report. It can be implied that the girls knew it was their fault, when they were hysterical and crying after the accident as JfuckinC mentions. Indeed, it was the OP who was calming them down and telling them not to worry. Clearly the girls aren't retarded that they would be all hysterical and crying if they knew it wasn't their fault. The girls seem to know it was their fault, you don't think the father saying that it wasn't on the report would be considered as lying and resultantly illegal?

It is very likely that they went home and told the father that they hit someone but the father decided to try and pull a fast one on the OP by filing the police report claiming it wasn't their fault. Perhaps without realizing that there were eye witnesses present as well. Offcourse, at the same time girls could have just lied to the father ( maybe afraid of getting in shit) and he based the report on that mistaken belief, then it wouldn't be a crime since he wouldn't be falsifying a police report. But we don't really know that now, do we?

Obviously, if this were to go to court, both parties would argue their own side and it could go either way. That's the reason why we have the whole adversarial system of law in place. But that's a whole other topic.

Once again if a person KNOWINGLY lies on a police report, it IS a crime. Circumstantial doesn't mean shit in that case. Similarly, if a person who is under an oath lies in a court, they can be charged with Perjury as it shows that the person was wilfully misleading the court. Perjury can also apply to lying on an affidavit and other such legal documents (depending on what they are). Even though it's rarely prosecuted, sentences can include fines and jail time. In more serious cases it can carry a maximum sentence of up to 7 years.

Now just a random piece of advice. Take it or leave it, doesn't really bother me. If you don't open your mind to the possibility, that you can actually be wrong sometimes, you will never learn and grow as a person. I am just saying since you clearly are way to stubborn to see the matter from a perspective that isn't your own.

revelations
03-17-2011, 12:13 AM

Tram Common
03-17-2011, 12:46 AM
And if you had read the facts of the present scenario properly, you would have realized that it was indeed the girls fault and later the father lied on the police report.

Really, because I did read the facts, and here they are:

I'd assume the dad did the report, the cops said I should be good because of all the info I have/the witness/the damage.

Are you sure you read them? :dunno:

It can be implied that the girls knew it was their fault, when they were hysterical and crying after the accident as JfuckinC mentions. Indeed, it was the OP who was calming them down and telling them not to worry. Clearly the girls aren't retarded that they would be all hysterical and crying if they knew it wasn't their fault. The girls seem to know it was their fault, you don't think the father saying that it wasn't on the report would be considered as lying and resultantly illegal?

No, I could argue that the girls were very distraught over the whole situation and merely assumed it was their fault because the OP and the witness told them it was.

It is very likely that they went home and told the father that they hit someone but the father decided to try and pull a fast one on the OP by filing the police report claiming it wasn't their fault. Perhaps without realizing that there were eye witnesses present as well. Offcourse, at the same time girls could have just lied to the father ( maybe afraid of getting in shit) and he based the report on that mistaken belief, then it wouldn't be a crime since he wouldn't be falsifying a police report. But we don't really know that now, do we?

No, we don't, so, again, filling out the report the way they did is not illegal at all.

Obviously, if this were to go to court, both parties would argue their own side and it could go either way. That's the reason why we have the whole adversarial system of law in place. But that's a whole other topic.

Exactly, because nothing is black and white, is it? It's all open to circumstance.

Once again if a person KNOWINGLY lies on a police report, it IS a crime.

... yes, but like we both agree on now, who's to say the girls didn't lie to papa or that papa was explained the accident by the girls and then determined by his own logic that the fault was on the OP?

There's absolutely nothing illegal about filling out a report where circumstance comes into play and this is one of those situations... you, being a "lawyer", should know this.

Now just a random piece of advice. Take it or leave it, doesn't really bother me. If you don't open your mind to the possibility, that you can actually be wrong sometimes, you will never learn and grow as a person. I am just saying since you clearly are way to stubborn to see the matter from a perspective that isn't your own.

My doctorate of law and fighter jet piloting says otherwise, asshole:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/caithness/tram-common-degree.jpg

shakalaka
03-17-2011, 12:52 AM
You just entirely missed the whole point I was trying to make. But then again after seeing your posts in a couple of threads, I am not surprised at all. But you do get how an adversarial system works, so that's progress. Yes in court both parties would make such arguments as you mentioned, but that's when the testimony of unbiased witnesses would come into play. That's when it won't be circumstantial anymore. Whichever side has proof will win and eye witnesses are considered a very dominant form of proof. All the eye witness has to do is mention what actually happened and state the girls did seem to acknowledge that it was their fault, which was evident by their demeanor after the accident. Or maybe even the things they might have said after the accident like, 'sorry wasn't looking where I was going', basically any such explicit or implicit admission of guilt. If the police report states otherwise, they essentially lied. Once the eye witness corroborates to the original situation, that's pretty much it.

Anyway, I don't have time for this, but all I am going to say is good luck with life buddy. This 'asshole' wishes well for you.

:facepalm:

Tram Common
03-17-2011, 03:42 AM
All the eye witness has to do is mention what actually happened and state the girls did seem to acknowledge that it was their fault, which was evident by their demeanor after the accident. Or maybe even the things they might have said after the accident like, 'sorry wasn't looking where I was going', basically any such explicit or implicit admission of guilt. If the police report states otherwise, they essentially lied. Once the eye witness corroborates to the original situation, that's pretty much it.

Sorry, you don't get it.

Those "admissions of guilt" are non-existent if she revokes them in court on the basis that she was stressed or distraught, or whatever... no traffic court judge will throw down the hammer on something like that and you know it.

The only thing that will happen is the witness card will play and OP will have his damages covered... but the girl will walk away without a scratch.

Oh and I've read through your posts too like a huge faggot and I find you to be stupid too, so there! :cry: :cry:

turbotrip
03-17-2011, 05:01 AM
While it is punishable by jail time, there will likely be no repurcussions
However, I would still report it

tom_9109
03-17-2011, 06:53 AM
The insurance companies are going to settle this however they see fit and a charge for filing a false police report will never be laid.

Knowing the guy is lying is one thing.

Being able to prove he is intentionally lying is another.

A cop probably won't lay the charge because a defence lawyer would simply argue that from his perspective he believe what we was saying to be true when he said it and he did not intent to falsify a report.

No intent = no criminal conviction. (mens rea)

shakalaka
03-17-2011, 09:39 AM

Sorry, you don't get it.

Those "admissions of guilt" are non-existent if she revokes them in court on the basis that she was stressed or distraught, or whatever... no traffic court judge will throw down the hammer on something like that and you know it.

The only thing that will happen is the witness card will play and OP will have his damages covered... but the girl will walk away without a scratch.

Oh and I've read through your posts too like a huge faggot and I find you to be stupid too, so there! :cry: :cry:

If the mens rea (intention to lie) can be shown it would be a criminal offense, not an easy thing to do, but not impossible either. Like I keep saying over and over again that's what an adversarial system is all about and the outcome will depend on whole bunch of factors, few of them being the one's I mentioned earlier. Someone just can't wash their hands of a crime by simply retracting their statement, claiming whatever they want. It's just not as simple as that. But fuck dude, not only are you a huge fag like you yourself mentioned, you're also a dumb prick.

So there, am done arguing with someone who might as well be a fucking light pole. In words of Aquamarine, 'please don't breed.' Guess the consensus seems to go with him. Oh and am also gonna agree with him about adding you to the ignore list, I really have better things to do than bicker back and forth with someone as dense as you. So knock yourself out with your stupidity. :clap:

JfuckinC
03-17-2011, 09:56 AM
haha i'm just mad people can be such scum bags... Oh welll :dunno:

Now, fuck you doug haha my CAD skillz are insanezzz!!!1!1

arian_ma
03-17-2011, 10:43 AM
You got a couple of ski masks don't you B?

JfuckinC
03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
You got a couple of ski masks don't you B?

Oh you knowwwwwwwwwww i'd love to. But it's not a big enough deal lol.. I just want these girls dad or whatever to get shit on for being a grease ball. I was so fucking nice to them. Whatevvv, i don't get mad like i used to. I was just mad yesterday when i found out they did it :rolleyes:

If it weren't 16 year old girls you know it'd be a different story :)

JRSC00LUDE
03-17-2011, 11:05 AM
The best part of this thread is Tram Common, hands down. :rofl: :facepalm:

ercchry
03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
16 year old girls... hrm... how can you get the dad back...

JfuckinC
03-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
16 year old girls... hrm... how can you get the dad back...

LOL

thought about that. They just weren't that cute. Maybe i could take one for the team... the team being me? :poosie:

spike98
03-17-2011, 11:21 AM

LOL

thought about that. They just weren't that cute. Maybe i could take one for the team... the team being me? :poosie:

I see this as a viable method of payback.

1. Use police report for address of grease balls daughter.
2. Make a visit with a 12 pack of smirnof ice and video camera in hand.
3. ?????????
4. PROFIT!

Tram Common
03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Someone just can't wash their hands of a crime by simply retracting their statement, claiming whatever they want. It's just not as simple as that. But fuck dude, not only are you a huge fag like you yourself mentioned, you're also a dumb prick.

Over something this fucking minor and circumstancial THEY CAN AND WILL.

Fuck, you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you ever start to practice.

So there, am done arguing with someone who might as well be a fucking light pole. In words of Aquamarine, 'please don't breed.'

Actually, it was:

Originally posted by aquamarine
Thanks for playing, may you never breen.

Go on then, run away and add me to your little "ignore list" like a fucking baby. :cry:

01RedDX
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Stalker Hacker
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
The point Shak is making is valid, but the point Tram is making is the reality of it all.

The moral of the story: don't lie when filing an accident report, but don't be surprised if the other guy does.

Take the win and just leave it be.

JfuckinC
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Wellllll....

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :)

Shit's Payed for by their insurance, chalk one up for the good guys :thumbsup:

I'll let you know what i hear about them lying anyway, cause my insuance lady said that it had come to their attention the other party was lying... prob nothing but you never know!

CUG
03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Tram Common, you have a "Docurate" of Law?

arian_ma
03-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Mr. Dr. Bobloblaw

syeve
03-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CUG

It's just honorary.

Tram Common
03-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by CUG

... and Fighter Jet Pilot. Mhhmmm.

Originally posted by syeve

It's just honorary.

It counts just fine for this argument. :poosie:

beyond_ban
03-22-2011, 03:20 AM
i believe you mean doctorate