PDA

View Full Version : any full time work?

OriginalGoods
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I have been looking for full time work for a very long time now, and wondering why its so tuff to secure a full time position. Like I even go to bakery's, dealerships, wherever I see a sign on the street saying the need help and still no luck. Its brutal!

Phenix
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
I've had head hunters trying to grab me out of my full time job for a while. so i would assume there is work out there.

adam c
03-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
I've had head hunters trying to grab me out of my full time job for a while. so i would assume there is work out there.

this

Xtrema
03-16-2011, 05:11 PM
1) What's your education?

2) What are you experience in? or new to work force?

3) Have you tried placement agencies?

4) Are you female?

I echo Phenix and Adam C that IT is pretty hot right now if you have a few years behind you with some certs.

Phenix
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm not in IT though. Mech Eng.

Cos
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I have 3 open offers currently. My current employer is also looking for staff. That being said we are only looking for qualified people with a good reputation in the industry.

Not sure if your resume sucks or if you lack adequate training but it sure seems like you are going to have to make a change.

OriginalGoods
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
1) What's your education? high school diploma

2) What are you experience in? or new to work force?

cabinet making carpentry, machinist, solid works nc express. little car knowledge as i do all my work my self.

3) Have you tried placement agencies?

never heard of that

4) Are you female?

Male 23

OriginalGoods
03-16-2011, 06:07 PM
if any one knows of any thing let me know here is some of my resume.

Profile:
Energetic, enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with others as well as independently, enjoys a challenge, interests lye in sporting activities,.

Skill Strengths:
• Strong communication skills Ability as a great leader
• Learns quickly Highly motivated
• Great personality Great to be around
• Dedicated worker Dedicated to be somebody

Education:
I graduated from St Mary‘s high-school where I achieved the required amount of credits to receive my Alberta High-School Diploma.

Employment History:

Service Clerk Calgary Co-op
2002-2004 Calgary, Alberta

Duties: Quick and friendly customer service, stock control.

Contempory Motorsport
2005-2006 Calgary, Alberta

Duties: Parts department

Cabinet Maker Eurocraft Interior Woodwork Ltd
2006-PRESENT Calgary, Alberta

Duties: Installing cabinets, Installing doors, Machining doors, Machining cabinets, Framing, Tool handling

Machine Operator Maxim MFG
2009-2010 Calgary, Alberta

Duties: Setting up and running Finn Power C6 turret, experience using programs Solid Works, NC Express, many different hand tools and measuring.

Additional Information:
I am a hard working, dedicated employee with strong focus on achieving the goals of the company I am working for.

turbotrip
03-16-2011, 06:12 PM
^thats not your actual resume right? because if it is that might be why your having a tough time

bjstare
03-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Very short tips for resume (if this is actually how it appears).

I would put the newest/most applicable items at the top. Who cares what you did in 2002, unless you're applying at Co-op again (in which case, good choice for placement).

For all items: Expand on the duties. For example, Parts Dept at Contemporary. What did you do in the parts department? Work in the back, serve customers, order stock? Outline the skills that "Parts Department" utilized.

Spoons
03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
^thats not your actual resume right? because if it is that might be why your having a tough time

Yup that would be it.

The market is hot right now. I quit my job on the 7th of this month and already got an opportunity going.

OriginalGoods
03-16-2011, 06:31 PM
maybe it is my resume, ill revamp it right now i guess. i will do that and go back out on the search and see what happens. ill take anything right now i need to finish my build. :( waiting for -----> :burnout:

adam c
03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm in IT with 4 years exp now, no certs atm but getting dell certified on the 23rd

get rid of that stupid education blurb you wrote and put your experience before education

and this part
Profile:
Energetic, enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with others as well as independently, enjoys a challenge, interests lye in sporting activities,.

everyone and their dog puts this, be creative

kaput
03-16-2011, 06:43 PM