PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for prescription safety glasses

big A
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Does anybody have a recomendation for prescription safety glasses. I'm not talking those gay ones that look just like every day glasses but with side shields, I want actual protective glasses that I can grind metal and other jobs and feel protected.

If no one suggests anything then I will just go to where I got my last glasses two years ago, Optics International, but I was hoping someone has experience in this.

Thanks

Graham_A_M
03-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Lens crafters had a decent variety of them last time I was there. I think you can just add the side shields to any existing pair, or at least find a few models that you can get them special ordered for that particular set.

danno
03-16-2011, 08:49 PM
some of the guys in my company have the regular safety glasses with a little set of perscription lens that clip on to the frame of the safety glasses. easily the best i've seen. i thought he said he got them at walmart, is there even a place to get perscription glasses there??? i always wear my contacts, i can't stand changing between 2 pairs of glasses.

big A
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I wish you could just add side shields, the lenses and frames gotta be csa. At least at my work.

I will check Walmart. Thanx Danno and Graham.

TomcoPDR
03-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Sears has a selection.

johnboy27
03-17-2011, 07:32 AM
http://www.safevision.net/sportglasses/north/lightning_plus.html
Those are the ones I have and I love them. You can buy different color lenses for them at most safety supply shops for about 5-10 dollars a set depending on the color you want, takes about 2 minutes to change the lenses also.