PDA

View Full Version : Xterra lift ?

Justin-88
03-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Im looking to get a 2" maybe 3" lift on my 04 Xterra. Anyone know where to get this done and how much it would cost around ? I keep hearing about Bilstein upgraded shocks for the xterra and that give its around a 2" lift.

Any ideas ?

Kloubek
03-17-2011, 10:11 PM
A 2" lift you could install yourself as a spacer in the coils.

Shocks by themselves will not give you a lift. However, if your shocks can already extend to the ends, you would need longer shocks if you put in a lift.

CelicaST-162
03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Are you looking at 4WDing? Planning on having armour up front? Take those into consideration before throwing a lift kit on your truck. Your Xterra has rear leaf springs and torsion bars up front so I would do some research, and perhaps ask on some Nissan-Xterra forums and find out what guys run etc etc...

HuMz
03-18-2011, 09:46 AM
From my post in the other thread,
Originally posted by HuMz
WWW.products.com for all 2nd gen frontiers and x terra. Look at the 4wd basic radflo coilover package and upgrade to either the leaf pack or 5150 bilsteins in the rear. Not only will it support the aftermarket bumber, but you will gain travel, lift a few inches, and be able to fit 33s.

A space kit is fine on its own, but it will cause very annoying coil bucket contact and you will lose a bit of wheel travel. The radflo coilover is probably the best set up you can do without doing a Titan swap.

CelicaST-162
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
From my post in the other thread,

A space kit is fine on its own, but it will cause very annoying coil bucket contact and you will lose a bit of wheel travel. The radflo coilover is probably the best set up you can do without doing a Titan swap.

He has a First gen Xterra. Spacers don't apply to his truck I believe.

IggyB
03-18-2011, 08:55 PM
With the 1st generation Xterra, you can give it a 3" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. Or any combination of the two.

The biggest tire you can fit without rubbing iff road is 32-11.50/15 on stock rims. Whatever that works out to on 16 or 17 inch rims.

3" suspension lift will require a steering upgrade or the stock steering gear will be worn out in no time.

Shocks do not give you lift, they control the spring oscillations.

Suggestion would be to crank up the stock torion bars about 1" in the front, add new springs or add-a-leaf in the rear to fit the 32" tall tires. Keep the stock rims as ANY aftermarket rim with 32" tire is likely to rub due to different offset.

CelicaST-162
03-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by IggyB
With the 1st generation Xterra, you can give it a 3" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. Or any combination of the two.

The biggest tire you can fit without rubbing iff road is 32-11.50/15 on stock rims. Whatever that works out to on 16 or 17 inch rims.

3" suspension lift will require a steering upgrade or the stock steering gear will be worn out in no time.

Shocks do not give you lift, they control the spring oscillations.

Suggestion would be to crank up the stock torion bars about 1" in the front, add new springs or add-a-leaf in the rear to fit the 32" tall tires. Keep the stock rims as ANY aftermarket rim with 32" tire is likely to rub due to different offset.

Hey Iggy, I met you a few years back... Hows the Frontier treating ya? I had a 2 door Pathfinder back in the day!

unkicrackie99
03-19-2011, 02:11 AM
If you're willing to buy online for a lift kit, this is a great site sponsor I found from Club Frontier. http://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/

IggyB
03-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

Hey Iggy, I met you a few years back... Hows the Frontier treating ya? I had a 2 door Pathfinder back in the day!

I remember. Still have the Fronty. It's on camping duty now instead of wheeling.

If you want to head out camping in the next few weeks, let me know. My roof top tent will be going on the M101 which will leave the truck for me and the dog.

CelicaST-162
03-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by IggyB

I remember. Still have the Fronty. It's on camping duty now instead of wheeling.

If you want to head out camping in the next few weeks, let me know. My roof top tent will be going on the M101 which will leave the truck for me and the dog.

That'll leave you and the dog for wheeling? :). I haven't thought of heading out camping just yet to be honest, though it's never too late nor too early to do so. But I would be down for a wheeling session.

ex1z7
04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
If the Frontier is anything like a Toyota with torsion front / spring rear you can run an add a leaf and crank your torsions and fit some larger tires.. but honestly you didn't tell anyone what you're planning on doing with this thing.. If you want a more capable rig, invest in stock size / slightly larger mud terrains or an AT with a more aggressive tread - like wrangler duratracs..

But honestly, your best bet for a more capable rig would be some armor that's actually legit, not a push bar or a light bar.. A locker or limited slip, and some aggressive tires.. Lifts only make sense if you want to run larger tires which only makes sense if you actually wheel your truck and need the ground clearance..