PDA

View Full Version : Flooring guy

Cos
03-18-2011, 06:11 PM
I am looking for someone who does flooring to take a look at my lino. I have a seal that is lifting and at the front the silicone is wearing out and I could use to have it patched.

Mainly want to see what has to be done and a price to get it repaired. If the person also does carpet I would like to get a ballpark on replacing the carpet in my house as well. I will have to wait to do this however.

Anyone know any beyonders or anyone you know who to recommend? I was thinking about PM'ing dave but I remember he is a tile guy.

yellowsnow
03-19-2011, 01:09 AM
http://www.proflooringsolutions.ca/

I highly recommend this guy. I know the owners and they are great people. He's done a repair job for me and I don't even notice the damaged area anymore. He specializes in vinyl and carpet repairs. I don't think he does whole carpet installations anymore though.

Cos
03-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks will give them a call!

codetrap
03-19-2011, 04:47 PM
The flooring you might be able to do yourself with some contact cement. Of course, when we started to get that issue we put down duraceramic tile all over, which you've seen.

Also, for carpeting, End of the Roll is who we used for the basement and the stairs. They did a great job.

Cos
03-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I was hoping to have someone do it and have quote carpet at the same time.

codetrap
03-19-2011, 04:57 PM
EoTR will be able to quote both. But you'll need a drawing and decent measurements to get an accurate quote.

I liked the duraceramic because it was easy to install, and I didn't have to tear up the lino, just staple it down to secure it. Cutting and scoring was a breeze, and with your floorplan it would be super easy.

Given that I really like how that stuff looks I would be highly tempted to do your whole main floor, then pick up a really nice throw rug for the couch and in front of the fireplace, keeping the rest as tile by your patio door etc. Would simplify cleaning a great deal.

For the tile flooring, we used Maple Leaf Flooring. The duraceramic ran about $4.50/sq ft installed.

codetrap
03-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Btw.. if you want to see the install process on it, we still have to complete the laundry room, and Rae told me to do the upstairs bath as well.

I was actually planning on calling you for the laundry room stuff so I could get some help pulling the washer and dryer out of there. :P

Cos
03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
No No I dont think you understand, there is a seam coming apart in my lino I want repaired. I am not doing anything overtop.

While they are here I want them to measure for carpet.

Unknown303
03-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Couldn't you guys text each other about this. :devil:

codetrap
03-19-2011, 05:47 PM
I understand, you just want someone to come fix the seam in the lino, and then quote you for possible carpet down the road.

I however, have what is known as "Might as well.." disease. Oh the lino is cracking a seam? Might as well put down new lino... well.. might as well install tile. Since we're doing all this work, might as well replace the baseboards... hmm, since I'm replaceing the baseboards on the main floor, might as well do the upstairs ones. Hmm... since I'm going to be pulling all those baseboards, I might as well get a quote for new carpeting too.

Soon, I'm pretty much gutting the place and going it all over again. :devil:

Originally posted by Unknown303
Couldn't you guys text each other about this. :devil:
We could, but it's so much easier to type here than on my phone.