PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Looking for any jobs to survive in Edmonton!

hollowscar
03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi!

I am an Instrumentation Engineering Technologist, and just got fired from my job in Fort McMurray after only a month.

I will be moving to Edmonton without much money. I am willing to work anywhere, and do anything just to survive, pay bills, and get back up on my feet.

If anybody can help me, that would be great. I am only 20-21 years old, and have previous work experience in Calgary Stampede, Calgary Flames, and Zellers.

Please write to me on my mail at [email protected] for any job leads or guidance. I am really scared, but at the same time have to survive. I will be in Edmonton by next week.

Thank you very much.

dj_rice
03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
You might get better odds by posting this on a Edmonton based forum rather than a more Calgary based one.

Try 780tuners.com

turbotrip
03-19-2011, 03:49 PM
jobbank.gc.ca

hollowscar
03-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks. I will try those.

bourge73
03-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Ican'tpickupwomen.ca jk... Monster.ca or www.workopolis.com

Graham_A_M
03-19-2011, 04:20 PM
www.jobshop.gc.ca is a very good one. Even Kijiji.ca is good as well. You may want to try visiting Nisku, as thats Edmonton's oilfield Mecca. Just go there with a very good attitude ask the *RIGHT* questions this time, and bring a bunch of resumes. Only leave them in the taxi/car, and have each cover letter/resume made for each company/division.

Such as:

Schlumberger completions
Halliburton well testing & completions
WeatherFord Open & cased hole wire line.

I'll email you a big breakdown of the different jobs & procedures are from the oil patch, so you can get a good feel for what to expect, and what to avoid (etc) that should teach you enough so you can walk into a place and know what they do, and what to expect. That'll really speak numbers towards making headway with a potential employer.

This is exactly what I dld. I flew out to Grande Prairie out of my own pocket, and did just this. I was offered 5 high paying "operational" jobs. I wanted one in Whitecourt, so I took that one instead. Do this for Red Deer, Medicine Hat, Whitecourt and on and on until someone gives you a chance.
and yes... I did all that ^ as well too.

Check your email.

M.alex
03-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Why are you staying in Edmonton? there's no women there

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=329072

Ven
03-19-2011, 07:13 PM
www.indeed.ca is a really good search engine for job seekers.

Tip: Don't ask for kisses during your interviews.

hollowscar
03-19-2011, 07:16 PM
HAHAHAHA, let it go guys. I am young, so I was stupid. However, I am willing to improve. You guys pick on me to no avail.

ExtraSlow
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by hollowscar
I am young, so I am stupid. Fixed

89s1
03-19-2011, 07:41 PM
You guys pick on me to no avail.

that might be the problem.

hollowscar
03-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

that might be the problem.

Oh well, somebody has to be it, right?

HiTempguy1
03-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi!

I am an Instrumentation Engineering Technologist, and just got fired from my job in Fort McMurray after only a month.

Just would like to point out the fact that you got fired from an instrumentation job in fort mac might explain a lot... I mean, really? Really?!

dingbathero
03-20-2011, 11:44 AM
what happened for you to be fired after a month?