PDA

View Full Version : blaupunkt mp3 decks

JohnnyBlaze
01-13-2004, 01:03 AM
how good are these decks? i was thinking of getting the Phoenix MP33. any bad reviews about this deck?

Weapon_R
01-13-2004, 01:05 AM
Not a great stereo manufacturer, but they have one very high end line and its pretty good. Besides that, they make a LOT of OEM headunits for some car manufacturers. Pretty safe bet that you will get a decent deck, especially if you spring for the higher line.

Zero102
01-13-2004, 02:40 AM
Blaupunkt does make some pretty decent car audio equipment. They are often under-rated because they do make many OEM decks, and people start to make assumptions about them based on the quality of their bottom-line factory deck.

I am not certain how familliar you are with MP3 decks, but there are a couple things to watch out for.
1) Load time, how long does it take to scan the disk, and begin playing
2) Ease of browsing, some decks make it a real chore to change folders or browse titles.
3) Skipping. I have seen many units that never skip when playing a CD, but when playing MP3's, they will skip when going down gravel roads or over train tracks.

I have never heard of that deck, but I have given you a couple things that are worth investigating. Try searching it on google, see if any of the places selling it have reviews on their web site. In my past experience, Blaupunkt has made some high quality decks, and I have been impressed with them. Although, in my car it has always been Alpine.

pinoyhero
01-13-2004, 06:39 AM
Don't they sell that brand at Canadian TIre?

sputnik
01-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Don't they sell that brand at Canadian TIre?

along with Pioneer

JohnnyBlaze
01-13-2004, 10:52 PM
anyone else have a comment?