PDA

View Full Version : NFL Final Four

accordboi_02
01-13-2004, 01:25 AM
OK,

Now that the conference finals are set; KC was shown to be the losers I knew they were all season, and Favre's dead dad wasn't there for him on his final pass, who is going to make it through to the super bowl and win it all??

I think the Colts can actually pull it off against the Pats; home field advantage has meant jack-all this post-season, and Manning is way too hot, even for the Pats D.
And I think it's Philly's year in the NFC; looks like Panthers are going to be without Davis, and McNabb really showed that he is a premier QB in the GB game.

Also, who else thinks Martz is the STUPIDEST coach in the NFL right now when he decided to have his Rams play for the tie instead of going for the win???

max_boost
01-13-2004, 02:40 AM
I can not agree more. I was extremely surprised to see Martz pass up the opportunity to get the game winning TD. I mean, you have got a TD and two point conversion to get within 3 points, not to mention you recovered a freaking onside kick!!! God dam!!
And they had what? 30 seconds left on the clock? I would of at least attempted a shot at the end zone. Yes I know Bulger threw 3 interceptions during the game and that is unacceptable. I guess Martz had no confidence is his QB. The guy has thrown 18 interceptions in the last 10 games or so but still has a record of 18-5 as a starter, that's weird.:dunno: Anyway, St.Louis should of won that game, upset, and where was Tory Holt? He came so close to make that one handed catch, that would of been simply amazing but he dropped it so nuff said. All in all, this game was a thriller. Carolina had the Rams beat with the winning field goal but got flagged for delay of game? LOL and then Martz calls a couple time outs to throw Casey off this rhythm and it worked! He shanked the FG. Rams still lost, my favorite team, oh well, life goes on.

Did you see how Petyon Manning owned the KC defence? The best was he rushed his offence to the line of scrimmage with 10 seconds left on the play clock. The KC defence was already set waiting for play action:rofl: Manning kept on waiting and waiting and then bam, TD into the end zone. It was freaking awesome. I've never seen a defence so confused. Again, Dante Hall returned a punt for a TD, Priest Holmes played well, but their D was just atrocious.

Philly beat Green Bay not because of what Philly did but what Green Bay failed to do. They were up 14-0 and had a chance to close the deal with a third TD but on 4th and 1, Green tripped over his own player and stumbled, didn't make it to the end zone. The Eagles on 4th and 26, freak, and McNabb makes the play, WTF?>! Still quite shocked with Favre's interception in overtime, what the hell was he thinking?

As for next week, Philly is going to beat Carolina. The game between the Pats and Indy is going to be interesting. It seems like the Pats can win any type of game, whether low scoring or high scoring. The Pats beat Indy 38-34? in their meeting earlier in the year. Plus the Pats have home field and it is going to be cold!! Tom Brady is a guy that finds ways to win, I have no idea what to expect. Maybe Adam Vinateri (sp) is going to kick the game winner or Mike Vanderjat (sp) since he hasn't missed a fg all year! Can't wait, NFL playoffs rock!:clap:

James
01-13-2004, 03:21 AM
I finally think its Indy's year (although ive said that for 5 years) :tongue:...with the way Manning and the rest of the offense is playing its gonna be hard for new england to stop them.

buh_buh
01-13-2004, 07:38 AM
I think if they played anywhere BUT New England the Colts would win the game. But since they're gonna be playing in like -200 weather in New England I think its gonna be close haha.
The Colts are a good team, but they are also a dome team.

B17a
01-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Indy has not punted in two games, enough said about their offence!:thumbsup:

K271
01-13-2004, 09:52 AM
So they haven't punted, New England has the best defense in the league and in their regular season match up, New England stopped them on 4th and Goal to win the game. Philly and New England in the Super Bowl. As great as Manning is, he'll have problems throwing the ball when it's -4000 degrees which it's suppose to be this weekend in Foxboro with a crazy wind chill.

accordboi_02
01-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by K271
So they haven't punted, New England has the best defense in the league and in their regular season match up, New England stopped them on 4th and Goal to win the game. Philly and New England in the Super Bowl. As great as Manning is, he'll have problems throwing the ball when it's -4000 degrees which it's suppose to be this weekend in Foxboro with a crazy wind chill.

True, but when a QB and team gets as hot as Manning and the Colts are right now, I think it will take a little more than cold weather to stop them.

I'm really looking forwards to this game; I could care less about the NFC, I hate Carolina, and they're not going to beat Philly.

So anyways, to show my bias: GO COLTS!!!

:thumbsup:

max_boost
01-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Manning is on a mission this year. He won his first playoff game after going 0-3 on previous tries. His offence is virtually unstoppable and Dungy is a good coach. Mike V. is going to seal the deal and hit like a 55 yarder to win the game:D Does anyone remember what Vanderjat said on 'The Score' last year when he was interviewed by Martine and Greg? I hope they win so he doesn't go on a crazy rant again:D

max_boost
01-13-2004, 01:10 PM
I kind of hope the Eagles lose so they can remind me of the Bills of the early 90's except the Eagles haven't been to the superbowl. They can keep on making it to the NFC conference finals and then go home. :rofl:

Shaolin
01-13-2004, 01:11 PM
i'd like to see the colts win it.. too bad my falcons won't be in the final 4 for a few more years.

max_boost
01-13-2004, 03:18 PM
This has absolutely no racial implications so no one get offended but a buddy brought it to my attention. He said no black QB has ever lead their team to a super bowl, is this true?! I've only been following the NFL since 1998 so I'm not sure.

buh_buh
01-13-2004, 03:19 PM
not true.
Doug Williams won Superbowl XXII with the Redskins in the 80s.

B17a
01-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
This has absolutely no racial implications so no one get offended but a buddy brought it to my attention. He said no black QB has ever lead their team to a super bowl, is this true?! I've only been following the NFL since 1998 so I'm not sure.

I believe Doug Williams led the Redskins back in the 80's, he's the head coach at Grambling now.

EDIT: Buh Buh beat me to it.

no_joke
01-13-2004, 05:30 PM
I'll just echo what I heard on NFL Countdown:

-If Carolina can keep it close through three quarters, Delhomme is pretty likely to pull off the upset against the Eagles. Even with Stephen Davis out, they've still got DeShaun Foster who looked pretty good against the Rams, who actually have a better rush D than Philly (statistically).
-In today's NFL, it's hard for a team to win umpteen number of games in a row, so the media have been calling a New England loss sooner or later. So maybe this Sunday is where it comes... Nevertheless, when you've got an offence and QB as hot as Indy's going up against the top D in the league, it's gonna be a good matchup. And personally, I think people pay too much attention to the weather in Foxboro. I don't think it will play a very huge role in the outcome of the game.

Yeah, nothing like NFL Playoffs!

:D

K271
01-13-2004, 10:50 PM
When a top rated offense meets a top rated D, D always comes out on top. Most recent proof of this? Last years super bowl... Raiders come in with the MVP Gannon against the Bucs perfected Cover 2 defense. Who won?

No matter, New Englands D will reign supreme, Belichek will have his boys ready to stop anything Manning does.

max_boost
01-13-2004, 11:01 PM
The thing with Tampa vs Oak is, Gruden knows the west coast offence way too well. He knew exactly what Oak was going or trying to do. It was a joke, I remember Lynch was saying, we were practicing those plays all week in practice!

buh_buh
01-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Its not because Gruden knew the west coast offence, its because he wrote the frickin playbook for the Raiders!:rofl:

max_boost
01-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Its not because Gruden knew the west coast offence, its because he wrote the frickin playbook for the Raiders!:rofl: haha no doubt, since he coached those mofos the previous year, I was still surprised how Tampa basically walked over them....oh well, Gannon is done, the Raiders are done, the team is too old!!!

Gondi Stylez
01-14-2004, 12:39 PM
all im goin to say is that im freakin pissed!!! ive always been a packers fan and now they are not... yes they barley made it into the playoffs but they are damn good! and farve... WTF was that int?!?!?! :thumbsdow

im sad.... but i hope the colts take it now! will see tho... been a very interesting last month in the nfl to say the least!

FlipFlop
01-14-2004, 02:32 PM
panthers .. delhomme is all out clutch .. !

love manning, and mcnab ... but .. delhomme and the panths have nothing to lose !

low scoring overtime game ! ... 16-13 ! :eek:

RiCE-DaDDy
01-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Superbowl: Eagles vs Ind

buh_buh
01-18-2004, 05:23 PM
like I said. Dome teams + snow don't mix.
I'm rooting for philly in the second game, but I think the Panthers will take it.

K271
01-18-2004, 06:04 PM
So.... Like I said, D always comes on top!! Complete Defensive dominance by New England over Manning. Ty Law!! My boy from University of Michigan... 3 Interceptions!

And since the Colts haven't punted in their first two play off games, they demonstrated the rust in their special teams on their first punting opportunity.

It's all New England

max_boost
01-19-2004, 12:03 AM
Despite how poorly Indy played today, they still had a chance to at least force overtime!! Did you guys see the Pats defence? Holy fock man, any Indy player who caught a pass just got drilled. :eek: :eek: :eek: Not to mention Manning's 4 INT's

I'm still surprised Philly lost, three straight exits in the conference finals. Starting to remind me of another version of the Buffalo Bills.

accordboi_02
01-19-2004, 12:55 AM
This Super Bowl is going to suck. I hate the Pats and I hate the Panthers... I'm already looking forwards to next year. Indy should be really hungry, and have a REAL reason why they want home field advantage throughout the playoffs. I would've loved to have seen today's game played in a dome; I think the outcome would have been way different...

Eagles really are proving to be notorious choke-artists, almost like the Bills, but the Bills were better - at least they MADE it to the Super Bowl!!

Since it's two teams I hate in the champ. I'm going to just root for the underdog - go Panthers!!!

RiCE-DaDDy
01-19-2004, 03:21 AM
sucky superbowl

if i had to choose, id choose panthers cuz i hate the pats

K271
01-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Dome or no Dome, New England Defense is that good! They could of played at a neutral site in China, and the Colts would of lost. New England dominated.

Panthers D dominated as well, man those guys can hit well. I haven't really watched them play but I was impressed with last night.

Super Bowl is going to be awesome. To defensively minded teams. And both coaches are intellectuals, it'll be a great battle with the winner the team that makes the fewest mistakes.