PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPad 2

Pages : [1] 2

2000impreza
03-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Apparently the iPad 2 is set to launch this Friday (Mar 25, 2011). Anyone plan on attempting to get one on launch day? Unfortunately like any Apple products now a days, supplies will be limited and long lines are expected.

dino_martini
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm going to hold out for either a cheap first generation iPad, or the BlackBerry Playbook. I don't really see anything on the iPad 2 that I really must have.

natejj
03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Went to Market Mall apple store today. Store opens at 10 am, but Ipad 2's will not be sold til 5 pm. So expect a line to start forming.... I have no idea when. I'd go at 3 pm if you expect to get one.

ZEDGE
03-22-2011, 03:28 PM
32GB Motorola Zoom comes in April, $599.00. Would rather have that. However these things are still to expensive considering a decent laptop costs less..

Or one of these.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/03/22/samsung-announces-8-9-inch-galaxy-tab-and-declares-they-have-the-worlds-thinnest-mobile-tablets/

Zephyr
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE
32GB Motorola Zoom comes in April, $599.00. Would rather have that. However these things are still to expensive considering a decent laptop costs less..

Or one of these.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/03/22/samsung-announces-8-9-inch-galaxy-tab-and-declares-they-have-the-worlds-thinnest-mobile-tablets/

Have you tried the Xoom? It only has like 25 apps usable apps and it still buggy, and it's thick for a tablet...

ZEDGE
03-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

Have you tried the Xoom? It only has like 25 apps usable apps and it still buggy, and it's thick for a tablet...

No but Honeycomb looks slick. Its new so it will take some time to get lots of apps. Just like the ipad did. And given how fast Android has grown for cell phones and has overtaken IOS and RIM, the same will happen when more and more Android tablets are released. :dunno:

Kg810
03-22-2011, 06:15 PM

No but Honeycomb looks slick. Its new so it will take some time to get lots of apps. Just like the ipad did. And given how fast Android has grown for cell phones and has overtaken IOS and RIM, the same will happen when more and more Android tablets are released. :dunno:

Based on that, you are better suited to wait till next year and pick up a second generation Xoom.

Do some reading on some reviews and I'm sure you'll come to the conclusion it is better to wait for a gen 2 Xoom.

bastardchild
03-22-2011, 06:26 PM
I have the first iPad. Its not worth anywhere near its price tag.

nich148_9
03-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Picking one up on launch date at Chinook. Looks like it'll be over a 4-week wait if I were to order online.

Black/16GB/WiFi. You guys?

WhippWhapp
03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Nook color overclocked running Froyo does the trick for me!

You can get one from B&N ebay for $250 if you have friends/family in the states.

K3RMiTdot
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
thinking about getting a 3g 16gb in black

ZEDGE
03-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kg810

Based on that, you are better suited to wait till next year and pick up a second generation Xoom.

Do some reading on some reviews and I'm sure you'll come to the conclusion it is better to wait for a gen 2 Xoom.

Agreed, but until these things are less than a decent laptop, no thanks.

Mar
03-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Does this one actually have USB ports or does Steve Jobs hate those too? What a waste of a company.

cdnsir
03-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Today's the day. But it won't go on sale till 5pm? Probably to make the lines ups longer than they already are.:banghead:

heavyD
03-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Not everyone looks at it that way though as laptops aren't nearly as convienient as tablets. I have a little laptop and I actually find I use my iphone 4 more for portable browsing, etc.

natejj
03-25-2011, 10:35 AM
100 people at chinook already

Type_S1
03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
All you drones run to apple and stand in a huge line for less then par products...genius's you all are. :nut:

heavyD
03-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
All you drones run to apple and stand in a huge line for less then par products...genius's you all are. :nut:

Is there anything of lower intelligence than a hater?:nut: Ask yourself why it upsets you that other people are willing to stand in line for a product you don't like. Why do you care? Is your life so empty that hating on Apple has filled the void and given you a purpose to live your life? Just wondering.

C4S
03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by natejj
100 people at chinook already

Then not too bad .. they probably have more then 100 instock ..

SilverGS
03-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by C4S

Then not too bad .. they probably have more then 100 instock ..

That was at 10:30 probably double that by now

tha_bandit
03-25-2011, 02:50 PM
hmm i might have to pick one up....

ALKm0Leuc7c

interlude
03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Rumor has it.. each apple store is getting close to 250 ipads. Not sure about Bestbuy, and Futureshop

teknical
03-25-2011, 04:09 PM
That video was sweet! I wouldn't mind getting one also, but what are the lines like? :rofl:

C4S
03-25-2011, 04:59 PM
1 min to go!!

D'z Nutz
03-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Heh, I was up at Futureshop in Beacon hill this afternoon. There was a whoppin' 10 people in line at 3:00.

yellowsnow
03-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by tha_bandit
hmm i might have to pick one up....

ALKm0Leuc7c

for a $600 ipad, just buy a ps3, a wheel and gt5.

i won't buy one until they put a usb port on it.

natejj
03-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Decided to go to West World for mine. Limit was 1 per person, but they gave me a ticket at 1:30 pm, so I didn't have to stick around. Just chilled at starbucks. Hopefully make a couple hundred for my afternoon...

Xtrema
03-25-2011, 08:51 PM

With all of its short coming, including work, 50% of my "computer" time is now spent on the iPad. Along with Citrix Receiver, mail reader, and Evernote. I have not touched a pen and paper for months.

It's a really productive device. I can't imagine going thru a workday without it now.

K3RMiTdot
03-25-2011, 09:35 PM
went to chinook and saw the line ups, holy shit some people brought their children and shit to sit in the line with them LOL

Quizzes
03-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Picked up a white 64GB at My Mac Dealer on 11ave SW without having to wait in line. :clap:

C4S
03-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Seems like don't need to line up anymore, my friend walked in to the Mac store, and bought 6....

K3RMiTdot
03-25-2011, 09:47 PM
for those who picked one up, hows everyone liking it? still debating if i should get one =X

C4S
03-25-2011, 10:17 PM
No....people buying it now, won't use it, but sell to China...

Tram Common
03-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm still making fun of one of my roommates for blowing his cash on one today.

Piece of shit.:nut: :dunno:

Jetta-2.0
03-26-2011, 12:54 AM
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Sealed-IPad-2-Black-64GB-3G-W0QQAdIdZ270022668
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Brand-New-White-Apple-iPad-2-32GB-3G-WiFi-32GB-WiFi-W0QQAdIdZ270064103
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Ipad2-16-GB-Wifi-3G-in-White-color-W0QQAdIdZ270061639
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-iPad2-16G-32G-WIFI-Black-White-W0QQAdIdZ270061136
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Brand-New-Sealed-In-Box-Apple-iPad-2-32gb-White-WiFi-W0QQAdIdZ270058846
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-IPAD2-Brand-New-Sealed-in-a-Box-32GB-WiFi-Black-W0QQAdIdZ270055762
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Apple-iPad2-W0QQAdIdZ270055726
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-ipad-2-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZipadQ202QQisSearchFormZtrue

C4S
03-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Sealed-IPad-2-Black-64GB-3G-W0QQAdIdZ270022668
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-Brand-New-White-Apple-iPad-2-32GB-3G-WiFi-32GB-WiFi-W0QQAdIdZ270064103
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Ipad2-16-GB-Wifi-3G-in-White-color-W0QQAdIdZ270061639
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-iPad2-16G-32G-WIFI-Black-White-W0QQAdIdZ270061136
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Brand-New-Sealed-In-Box-Apple-iPad-2-32gb-White-WiFi-W0QQAdIdZ270058846
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-phones-PDAs-ipods-IPAD2-Brand-New-Sealed-in-a-Box-32GB-WiFi-Black-W0QQAdIdZ270055762
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-computers-Apple-iPad2-W0QQAdIdZ270055726
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-ipad-2-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZipadQ202QQisSearchFormZtrue

LOL :burnout: :burnout:

z2two
03-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Seems like don't need to line up anymore, my friend walked in to the Mac store, and bought 6....

you like feeding people bs? There was a limit of 2 per customer. And there was some sort of a line up all the way up until close.

Q-TIP
03-26-2011, 06:34 AM
I have not spent extensive time with the iPad or any other tablet for that matter but I honestly can't see myself getting $600 of use out of it. That being said I'm a RIM fanboy and will be looking long and hard at their tablet on April 19th; dual core processor, 1080p recording and playback, HDMI out, SDHC slot AND....USB port! Might be a little more useful if it doesn't rely on my computer to funtion. Plus free tethering onto my Bold makes way more sense than paying an extra $100 for the 3G iPad and paying a minimum of $10 a month for a data plan. :dunno:

Edit: It will also natively support Android apps in the near future according to RIM.

Canucks3322
03-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Is there anything of lower intelligence than a hater?:nut: Ask yourself why it upsets you that other people are willing to stand in line for a product you don't like. Why do you care? Is your life so empty that hating on Apple has filled the void and given you a purpose to live your life? Just wondering.

It only takes about 30 seconds out of my day to make a post here and laugh at you stupid people. You guys are literally sheep, literally, they even have the power to put you guys in retarded lines too just to get your hands on their latest P.O.S...that's how they herd sheep on the farms...the worse part is is that Motorola and BB are coming out with their own VASTLY superior tablets in less than a month and yet you guys still don't care because they don't have the Apple logo on it...I bet you guys are the same people that pay 300 bucks for a pair of jeans because it has some retarded U logo on the back pockets right? And then claim it's all about the quality of stitching or some other bs...Apple products are for shallow, superficial people with no brains and can't think for themselves.

polarice
03-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I can't imagine lining up for any product, unless there was some massive discount.

So, for those that did was it worth it?

Also, I enjoy apple products, my macbook and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary! Many of my friends went through 2 or 3 pc laptops during their degrees.

Jetta-2.0
03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

It only takes about 30 seconds out of my day to make a post here and laugh at you stupid people. You guys are literally sheep, literally, they even have the power to put you guys in retarded lines too just to get your hands on their latest P.O.S...that's how they herd sheep on the farms...the worse part is is that Motorola and BB are coming out with their own VASTLY superior tablets in less than a month and yet you guys still don't care because they don't have the Apple logo on it...I bet you guys are the same people that pay 300 bucks for a pair of jeans because it has some retarded U logo on the back pockets right? And then claim it's all about the quality of stitching or some other bs...Apple products are for shallow, superficial people with no brains and can't think for themselves.

ITS ALL IN THE APPS BRO :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

Sdeibert
03-26-2011, 03:23 PM
BB is so vastly superior they forgot the 3g module. That'll be great for the people who want to buy the tablet and don't have a BB phone to tether it too..

If your not lazy a jailbroken iPad can do everything you need it to do, I use mine all the time with a flash drive and airplay to my tv. Plus the new cord lets you output to a tv if you don't have an appletv there.

I'm not saying Apple is the absolute best always, just right now it's the best option out there.

JustinMCS
03-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Sdeibert
BB is so vastly superior they forgot the 3g module. That'll be great for the people who want to buy the tablet and don't have a BB phone to tether it too..

Just an FYI, they are bringing out a "4G" model soon.

Kg810
03-26-2011, 05:00 PM
lol @ the people who feel the need to chime in with Motorola and Blackberry tablets. Chances are you guys haven't even used any of the tablets yet you feel you are qualified to say Motorola / BB is better based purely on the fact you guys want to dislike Apple. What a joke.

codetrap
03-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

Just an FYI, they are bringing out a "4G" model soon.

You know who wins in a technology market? The guy that can actually sell you a product you can hold in your hands.

"Soon" doesn't cut it. NOW is what matters.

CRXguy
03-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Quizzes
Picked up a white 64GB at My Mac Dealer on 11ave SW without having to wait in line. :clap:

You talk like you bought it yourself.....

:thumbsdow

luxor
03-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Don't hate just because you are born and raised on a farm. I love lining up 20+ hours for Apple stuff. I can also chat with all those nerds in line.

:rofl:

turbotrip
03-26-2011, 10:27 PM
friend just walked in to the apple store and bought one right now with no line up; not sure why anyone would buy the marked up ones in the marketplace/kijiji

Q-TIP
03-26-2011, 11:21 PM
lol @ the people who feel the need to chime in with Motorola and Blackberry tablets. Chances are you guys haven't even used any of the tablets yet you feel you are qualified to say Motorola / BB is better based purely on the fact you guys want to dislike Apple. What a joke.

Actually I have, I worked cross-shift with another geologist from November to February and played with his iPad constantly for the first few nights. I quickly lost interest in the iPad when I couldn't really do anything with it without having to sync it with my computer and iTunes account (and obliterating all his shit).

I don't dislike Apple at all, my Apple TV is by far the most used piece of equipment in my AV cabinet, and my iPod touch (4th gen after having the 2nd gen touch, 2nd gen Nano and 5th gen Classic) is the cat's ass. I happen to have a BB phone so the Playbook makes more sense for me from a financial situation. I think the Android tablets are grossly overpriced but the Playbook is priced identically to the iPad but allows me to buy the 16gb version and add a 32gb SDHC card for 50 bucks instead of paying $100 extra for another 16GB of storage like the iPad forces you to.

Oh yeah and Apple pisses me off when the intentionally release products that they know will be completely obsoleted by the next generation. Even the iPad2...720p maximum picture and video resolution? That is just plain ridiculous when almost all phone cameras are at 5mp for still shots. There is NO REASON for Apple to limit the resolution of the camera for still shots except to make people shell out another $600 next year.

voodoo
03-26-2011, 11:24 PM
I went to chinook @ 330pm today. Waited about 20mins in line.
Walked out with a 32gb one. Only a couple of the white iPads were actually sold out.

Tram Common
03-26-2011, 11:26 PM

I had more fun using a ten year old tablet the other day than I did playing around for a few hours with my friends iPad 2.

Other than it's touch-screen capabilities it's not anything special at all... and I prefer a stylus anyways.

nich148_9
03-26-2011, 11:58 PM

You guys are literally sheep, literally,

literally

This word does not mean what you think it does.

Sent from my iPad

sneek
03-27-2011, 12:17 AM

Don't be a hater. I am a big Android fan, but I believe that the iPad 2 has its place. I haven't had hands on with either the Playbook or the Moto Xoom, but I am willing to be they won't be as polished. As much as I hate to be an Apple supporter I am. I am using a Galaxy S at the moment, and honestly out the box with no technical knowledge, this phone might have been a pain in the ass. This contrasts the iPad...where you just press the power button and you are good to go.

Respect that there are different strokes for different folks. I don't think anything is vastly superior to the iPad 2. It all depends on how you want to use it. :thumbsup:

LongCity
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Q-TIP

Actually I have, I worked cross-shift with another geologist from November to February and played with his iPad constantly for the first few nights. I quickly lost interest in the iPad when I couldn't really do anything with it without having to sync it with my computer and iTunes account (and obliterating all his shit).

I think he's referring to using the Moto and Bb tablets... For comparisons sake.

Kg810
03-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Q-TIP

I don't dislike Apple at all, my Apple TV is by far the most used piece of equipment in my AV cabinet, and my iPod touch (4th gen after having the 2nd gen touch, 2nd gen Nano and 5th gen Classic) is the cat's ass. I happen to have a BB phone so the Playbook makes more sense for me from a financial situation. I think the Android tablets are grossly overpriced but the Playbook is priced identically to the iPad but allows me to buy the 16gb version and add a 32gb SDHC card for 50 bucks instead of paying $100 extra for another 16GB of storage like the iPad forces you to.

Oh yeah and Apple pisses me off when the intentionally release products that they know will be completely obsoleted by the next generation. Even the iPad2...720p maximum picture and video resolution? That is just plain ridiculous when almost all phone cameras are at 5mp for still shots. There is NO REASON for Apple to limit the resolution of the camera for still shots except to make people shell out another $600 next year.

Can I ask why you lost interest playing with the iPad?

A better question may be, what do you want to do with a Tablet PC?

I do agree that if you have a BB phone it may suit you better to get a BB tablet, just like an iPhone user will suit picking up a iPad vs a Xoom or something.

lol I keep hearing people bring up the camera as some sort of negative point. Why does it matter that Xoom or other tablets felt the need to put a 5mp camera and the iPad doesn't?

I'm sure Apple doesn't expect people to go around snapping pics / vids with their 10 inch tablet when, like you said, phones these days have 5mp cameras. Why use a 10 inch device when you already have a smartphone that can do that? Better yet, most people have point-and-shoot camera or a DSLR, so what's the point in having a 5mp+ camera on a tablet that's main purpose isn't to take pictures?

The cameras on a iPad are there to support Facetime and casual picture taking, not a dedicated camera / video camera. The cameras are good enough to support excellent Facetiming and casual pictures.

There are so many people that fall victim to the specs and hardware of Android/BB tablets that they fail to realize that even if the specs and hardware are better than the iPad, that isn't going to change shit if the user experience isn't there.

The one year gap and arguably more (because of the AppStore) that Apple has over it's competitors is so huge and plays such a big role in why they can get away with not having to "compete" with other tablets. Why fix something that isn't broke? If the competitors feel and think the best way to compete with Apple is to out spec them, they have already lost.

Let's face it, other tablets are chasing the iPad at this point and will continue to be behind them. Apple will not stop improving and growing. The iPad is such a easy tablet to use and that is one of the contributing factors to its success. Other tablets are not universally easy to use. My 5 year old cousin can pick up an iPad and enjoy it, the same cannot be said for the Xoom.

I think people who are looking for a tablet really need to step back from the specs and hardware and ask themselves what do they want to do on a tablet and what do they need a tablet for. If they aren't looking for a true multimedia tablet and they just want a tablet to browse the web and check email, go get a Xoom or any other tablet that isn't an iPad. If you want true multimedia experience, browsing, emailing, etc in one device, get the iPad. Like codetrap stated, no one gives a shit about what the Xoom or other tablets can probably do in the future, its all about what is ready and available now and the iPad will always hold onto that lead.

Q-TIP
03-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Personally I think tablets as a whole are a useless form factor. I honestly cannot think of one thing that I would use the iPad or Playbook or Xoom for that wouldn't be more effective on my laptop. I can watch movies on my 56" TV hooked up to my laptop, I can read books on my ereader without the eye fatigue that is common with back-lit displays and gaming without an actual controller is frustrating. Ryan had all sorts of games on his iPad and all of them wore thin pretty quick.

The iPad has an amazing marketing engine behind it. From what I hear the Android tablets are OK at best, supposedly according to techcrunch and Engadget the Playbook actually sports a superior user experience than the iPad but who knows if that will remain true after the product is on the market for a few months.

The reason I would consider a BB over an iPad any day of the week boils down to my experience with every Apple product I own no matter how much I love them. They are beautiful, easy to use, and ultimately crammed full of eye candy apps and features while lacking basic functionality that I would actually like to have. For example, I like that I can leave more than one application loading on my Bold without suspending the content. I also like the fact that the Playbook can stream HDMI video while still surfing the internet and displaying a magazine. I still probably won't waste $600 on any of them because I have a phone when I need small amounts of internet usage and my computer is always nearby when I want to sit down really exploit online media.

The tablet is here to stay because it simply looks cool. The smart money will always be on a netbook so that on the rare occasion you would like to type anything long there is a proper keyboard. For example this post would be a pain in the ass to type on a touchscreen.

ffmf
03-27-2011, 03:08 PM

I think people who are looking for a tablet really need to step back from the specs and hardware and ask themselves what do they want to do on a tablet and what do they need a tablet for. If they aren't looking for a true multimedia tablet and they just want a tablet to browse the web and check email, go get a Xoom or any other tablet that isn't an iPad. If you want true multimedia experience, browsing, emailing, etc in one device, get the iPad. Like codetrap stated, no one gives a shit about what the Xoom or other tablets can probably do in the future, its all about what is ready and available now and the iPad will always hold onto that lead.

I really like the iPad but I disagree with some of the above. You can't have a true browsing experience without flash. Flash may be outdated and slowly dying but lots of websites still use it and it's a pretty frustrating when you can't access flash sites I visit often.

Plus you can't have a true multimedia experience without supporting more file formats.

Jailbreaking can fix these issues but they're not very smooth in my opinion.

luxor
03-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ffmf

I really like the iPad but I disagree with some of the above. You can't have a true browsing experience without flash.

What's not smooth? A jail broken ipad works just as good as a non jb ipad.

Also just because you can't play flash on Safari doesn't mean other browsers won't allow you to. There are two that I have which run flash: Cloudbrowse and skyfire (I'm sure there's more). Both of which are available in the app store so you don't even need to jailbreak. I don't see flash as being a problem here.

shakalaka
03-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Anyone know if it's possible to get this from somewhere? Whats the stock like at various Apple store and Best Buy locations?

Kg810
03-27-2011, 04:25 PM

I really like the iPad but I disagree with some of the above. You can't have a true browsing experience without flash. Flash may be outdated and slowly dying but lots of websites still use it and it's a pretty frustrating when you can't access flash sites I visit often.

Plus you can't have a true multimedia experience without supporting more file formats.

I should have clarified, Xoom will offer better internet browsing over the iPad 2 in terms of flash support, tabs, etc. But that isn't to say that browsing isn't good on the iPad 2. I'm sure, eventually, the sites that are currently flash only will adopt HTML5 and maybe just switch over to mobile website versions.

Like luxor has said, there are viable solutions for people who need to access flash websites right now on the iPad.

Funny thing is with Apple saying no to flash, they have forced developers to create different formats rather than have everyone fall into the hands of Adobe.

Originally posted by luxor

What's not smooth? A jail broken ipad works just as good as a non jb ipad.

Also just because you can't play flash on Safari doesn't mean other browsers won't allow you to. There are two that I have which run flash: Cloudbrowse and skyfire (I'm sure there's more). Both of which are available in the app store so you don't even need to jailbreak. I don't see flash as being a problem here.

+1 on everything

Tram Common
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Anyone know if it's possible to get this from somewhere? Whats the stock like at various Apple store and Best Buy locations?

You would want to buy one, wouldn't you.

ffmf
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Just from my experience Skyfire wasn't as smooth and silky as the safari browser. Just picky I guess, or maybe there's no way for flash to be smooth on mobile devices. Guess I'll compare to when the Xoom finally gets it (via update) and when the playbook comes out.

Never heard of Cloud Browse. Seems to have gotten pretty poor reviews and it looks like it requires a monthly subscription for premium service? The free version only provides 10 minutes of access? Only works in the US and Canada? That's doesn't seem to be a sensible option to me.

Just from prior jailbreaking experience, I found that things were running a bit slower. Again, maybe I'm just picky or maybe I did something wrong.

Either way, the popularity of Skyfire, Cloud Browse, jailbreaking and such to obtain flash just shows that flash is still part of the web experience for many and it would've been nice to at least have the option for when it is needed. And yes, I understand why Apple doesn't allow flash it just would have made a better browsing experience for myself.

nich148_9
03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Tram Common

You would want to buy one, wouldn't you.

Solid, informative and concise answer to his question. Good job. Have a cookie.

K3RMiTdot
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
went to apple store and various fs and bbs today =( didnt have any, the chinook apple store only had wifi xD

Zephyr
03-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Just from my experience Skyfire wasn't as smooth and silky as the safari browser. Just picky I guess, or maybe there's no way for flash to be smooth on mobile devices. Guess I'll compare to when the Xoom finally gets it (via update) and when the playbook comes out.

Never heard of Cloud Browse. Seems to have gotten pretty poor reviews and it looks like it requires a monthly subscription for premium service? The free version only provides 10 minutes of access? Only works in the US and Canada? That's doesn't seem to be a sensible option to me.

Just from prior jailbreaking experience, I found that things were running a bit slower. Again, maybe I'm just picky or maybe I did something wrong.

Either way, the popularity of Skyfire, Cloud Browse, jailbreaking and such to obtain flash just shows that flash is still part of the web experience for many and it would've been nice to at least have the option for when it is needed. And yes, I understand why Apple doesn't allow flash it just would have made a better browsing experience for myself.

Flash is good for what, ads, farmville and some videos? Most major video sites play HTML5, and browsing ad free is nice.

Sdeibert
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Take a look at iCabmobile, it has a built in adblocker installed so that coupled with no flash and you get an even better browsing experience.
It also has better tab support and multi-finger gestures.

And yeah I'm coming across less sites that don't support HTML5 so the whole flash thing is getting mute. Also a quick jailbreak will give you USB support too, along with Airplay (for Appletv) in almost any app makes the device even better.

rage2
03-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I guess ppl in the NE can't afford iPads, there's a shitload of em here at future shop. :rofl:

K3RMiTdot
03-28-2011, 04:53 PM
which futureshop LOL

rage2
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
The one in the NE by Sunridge.

K3RMiTdot
03-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Sweet will head there now

shakalaka
03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
They only have 64gig in black. So does the Bestbuy near Sunridge. I've been looking for the white one, so didn't really work out for me. The Futureshop had like 7 boxes when I checked around 4 in the afternoon.

rage2
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I just picked up a white one from that FS. I guess ppl got my msg and picked 'em up. There were at least 6 or 7 left when I got mine.

shakalaka
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Ah fuck are you serious!:banghead:

Originally I was only looking for a white 32 gig with wifi/3G, but I figured if they have 64, I'll just take that. The guy said, only black one's left. They had 15 white and 15 blacks and I think 7 blacks were left, all white gone. I must have only missed it by minutes!

K3RMiTdot
03-29-2011, 12:35 AM
I just gave in and snagged mine from a fellow beyonder

InRich
03-29-2011, 12:44 AM
If you could get them at FS, why did I see people lined up for hours at chinook... crazy

Donmega
03-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by rage2
I guess ppl in the NE can't afford iPads, there's a shitload of em here at future shop. :rofl:

Thought it was you, in my head I was like...that looks like that rage2 guy...:dunno:

rage2
03-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Well fuck, after I setup my new iPad2, I went to cancel my online order for the same iPad2 with engraving, and they said it shipped already and will be here Thursday. Since I can't return the engraved one, I'm going to return this black 64G 3G with Bell SIM card. Why I got engraving, I have no idea. It was free, and it was 2am when I ordered it lol.

Anyone want a Black iPad 2 64GB 3G, with the grey Apple cover? If not, it goes back to Future Shop on Thursday. Selling at the same price I bought it for, $946.03 (I'll take $940 to make it easier).

shakalaka
03-29-2011, 08:52 AM
^Why couldn't you just get a white one!!

But does that mean if I order it online, it won't take 3-4 weeks as they say?

When did you place the online order? I can just order it online.

rage2
03-29-2011, 09:20 AM
I ordered mine at the 2am launch. Was working, and figured why not? haha

GQBalla
03-29-2011, 11:46 AM
im wondering if i should get the 16 gb wifi edition since i can tether off my android.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I want a 16gb wifi, but a first gen one..

K3RMiTdot
03-30-2011, 08:06 AM
i gave in and snagged mine froma beyonder

Keiths098
03-30-2011, 09:09 PM
the online reservation is active, follow the link
you need your apple ID to login

http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wa/reserveProduct?lang=en&country=CA&prelaunch=MC769C_A

shakalaka
03-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Finally got mine from Best Buy today. They had the last piece left a well.

Pihsiak
03-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Walked into Northland BB and got my 32 gig yesterday.

had to buy it there b/c of all the Giftcards I had.

ZorroAMG
04-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Don't get a 16....not nearly enough memory.

My dad's is full and he's got shit all on there.

GQBalla
04-05-2011, 08:12 AM
really?

i was thinking about getting a 16 gb wifi edition

im not sure what else i would do with it but browse and random shit.

my friends iPad 2 has used 8 gigs of his 32 gb.

whats your dad have on his?

rage2
04-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Videos and podcasts uses up the memory pretty damn fast. My 64GB has about 8GB free.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-05-2011, 08:36 AM
I only subscribe to 1 podcast, and I only had unplayed ones... But I listen to those on my iPhone.

As for videos, I use Air Video whenever I'm on a wifi connection, as I haven't gotten around to converting all mine.

rage2
04-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Yea, I use AirVideo at home, but I do convert a few videos for the gym to watch.

2000impreza
04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Don't get a 16....not nearly enough memory.

My dad's is full and he's got shit all on there.

Good to know. I'm looking at a 16 wifi version myself. Might have to step up to the 32. I haven't picked it up yet. Still deciding if I really have a need for a iPad. lol.

K3RMiTdot
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
i have the 16 and its fine for me, probably because i only put like a 100 songs on the ipad and delete all apps i don't ever use

Mar
04-05-2011, 10:21 AM
As much as I think Apple is the devil corporation, I'm looking at these. I want to link it to my home automation and the home theater but I'm wondering if there's any sort of wall mount for it that charges it. So when I'm not using it or I have friends over, instead of wandering around the house to try and find it so I can change the music, it'll be sitting in a frame on the wall.

I saw a few online for $200 - $300 but they're fugly as hell. Anyone know of anything nice?

maxwinedog
04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
according to a guy on kijiji, NW apple store got some this morning.

clem24
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by maxwinedog
according to a guy on kijiji, NW apple store got some this morning.

Man I hope they get plenty and plenty of stock to fuck over all the assholes on Kijiji trying to make a quick buck selling overpriced ipads...

Pahnda
04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Man I hope they get plenty and plenty of stock to fuck over all the assholes on Kijiji trying to make a quick buck selling overpriced ipads...

They're just taking their cue from Apple. :dunno:

Mar
04-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Where do you think the stock is coming from? People are returning them for a refund.

natejj
04-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Where do you think the stock is coming from? People are returning them for a refund.

Waited 5 hours in line on launch day, ended up returning it a week later. There was no profit to be made.

vietdood
04-06-2011, 11:40 PM
what apps do you guys use to connect to remote desktop on your pc? there's a few out there but the good ones have a monthly fee

atgilchrist
04-06-2011, 11:42 PM
^iTeleport Connect works well for me!

I think it was a one time $25 fee.