PDA

View Full Version : Forum "spam"

Bizzareo
03-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Can we please do something about the way in which constant "for profit" content up-loaders (specifically trev0006 and Markham) are regulated.

Ie trev0006 posted 5 videos all to his site in the past 2 hours..

Its just annoying to see that half of the front page of a specific what subsection is all new threads by one person.

While they do contribute positively with cool videos and occasionally useful articles

For instance, perhaps not forum sponsorship, since they are not selling anything, but something else?

Ie, provide the link to your site and an embedded video or quoted article as well?

dirtsniffer
03-24-2011, 12:14 AM
The mods have gone over this several times. It is felt that they provide useful content. Personally I couldn't care less if Markhams crap bit the dust but I do enjoy trev006's videos and the section would be pretty slow without him.

eglove
03-24-2011, 12:18 AM
i love trev's videos. markham on the other hand can go suck a fat one

ps. add them to you ignore list if you hate it so much. that's what it's there for

plus with closed registration it's not like we have a ton of "spam" it's always the SSDD so take advantage of that ignore list.

dirtsniffer
03-24-2011, 12:21 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/322996/markham/

go read this and you can see where this is going.
oh, when I did a search (you should try it) I found out trev006 has been posting sense atleast 04 so I doubt he is going anywhere

D'z Nutz
03-24-2011, 12:47 AM
We're trying to get Forum "search" working before we address Forum "spam". Clearly it's not working cause you must have used it, so it's back to the drawing board.

Bizzareo
03-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Fair enough. It's more of at what point are you over posting? I could see one a day, but 5-7 seems excessive .

As for the search feature I actually went to his profile and then clicked the forum posts button..

Mibz
03-24-2011, 08:19 AM
If people are providing content that everybody enjoys I'm not sure there's ever going to be a point where they're "over posting".

Sounds to me like if those same 5-7 videos were posted by 5-7 different people you wouldn't have a problem but because it's one guy you think it's spam. I hope you can see my point.

EDIT:
I just noticed your post in this (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/329739/vortech-supercharged-2011-ford-mustang-gt-5-0/) thread. I removed it.

For spam.

Had you just embedded the video it would have been fine but the rest of your bitter response was unnecessary.

Bizzareo
03-24-2011, 02:02 PM
^ fair enough.

And generally when multiple people post videos, they do so in one thread ("cool --- videos thread")

Mibz
03-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Good thing we have one forum dedicated to car related videos where they can all be organized together ;)

Mar
03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by eglove
plus with closed registration it's not like we have a ton of "spam" Apparently it's open again.