PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Ford Explorer

89coupe
03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Have any of you had the chance to look or test drive the new 2011 Ford Explorer? Your thoughts?

http://www.autonorth.ca/storage/2011FordExplorer.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/news/car/10q3/2011_ford_explorer-official_photos_and_info/gallery/2011_ford_explorer_interior_photo_14/3750029-1-eng-US/2011_ford_explorer_1_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

n1zm0
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM
not bad for ~49k fully loaded top of the line, but if i were to get one, id just wait for the 2.0L T 4 cyls if they came here , Ford's not what they used to be thats for sure, styling, performance and interior wise.

but i'd still rather just rent one first to see how it is, for a long road trip to BC or something

edit: btw, you should [bimg] that shiz...

89coupe
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I like it for its new body and interior, thats the draw for me...LOL.

Seems well priced for all the options, and has the looks to go with it.

edit. get a bigger monitor :poosie:

n1zm0
03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
^ tell my work to buy me one then, they should only cost as much your lunch

i rented a flex with Sync a couple months back, very cool stuff, talk txt and everything

danno
03-24-2011, 07:48 PM
sat in it at the car show and was very pleased. the rear has lots of room to haul stuff, interior was nice for a domestic. if i was in the market for a suv i would look at it.

OU812
03-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I drove one when they were at COP the other weekend on their "go do" tour. In short very very impressed. I also test drove new Jeep GC and the Exploder was superior in every way.

I am still not completly sold on the touch screen for everything but the ride, quality, power and room I think was top notch

ICEBERG
03-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Also look at the new 2011 Ford Edge. I leased two new ones for work. They are pretty cool with lot of room inside.

big A
03-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

but i'd still rather just rent one first to see how it is, for a long road trip to BC or something

Only slightly off topic : how much would it cost to rent one for a road trip to B.C. for 5 days :dunno:

vadeit
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by OU812

I am still not completly sold on the touch screen for everything but the ride, quality, power and room I think was top notch

Wife has 2011 Edge limited which uses the same touch screen based myFord system.

It is simply epic.

Looked at all the SUVs/crossovers in that size range. Edge had by far the best electronic package. Ford dealt on price so we bought it over Q5, which was 2nd choice.

So, by extension I would expect the Explorer's electronic package to be best in class as well.

Rat Fink
03-29-2011, 06:55 PM

corsvette
03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
The May issue of Motor Trend has a comparo of six three row SUV's, the new Explorer came in last place which was quite a surprise considering there were a few much older models in the test. Myself i like the new Durango which placed second.

sillysod
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

edit. get a bigger monitor :poosie:

haha im looking at this on my netbook with a 10" screen. all I see is the sky.

Xtrema
03-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
The May issue of Motor Trend has a comparo of six three row SUV's, the new Explorer came in last place which was quite a surprise considering there were a few much older models in the test. Myself i like the new Durango which placed second.

Surprising.

The towing and offroad score must be heavily weighted. Because face it, Explorer is more a crossover than a traditional SUV.

corsvette
03-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Surprising.

The towing and offroad score must be heavily weighted. Because face it, Explorer is more a crossover than a traditional SUV.

Actually i don't think towing or off road ability was much of a factor in scoring, considering the first place vehicle.....

First place- Mazda CX9 ( my neighbour has one and loves the way it drives, but he's very unhappy with the reliability and build quality)

Second place- Dodge Durango (looks great imo)

Third place- Toyota Highlander

Fourth place- Chevrolet Traverse (had one as a rental last week for 5 days and it's a decent unit, it got 26mpg highway which impressed me)

Fifth place- Honda Pilot

Sixth place- Ford Explorer

bets
04-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Just take into account that it is only 1 review from one magazine (even if it is a prestigious one). I've seen a lot of other reviews and the explorer usually places on top. The only real competitor it has was the jeep gc.
Too lazy to link all the reviews...google it lol.

OU812
04-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if you can stack rebates?

I have access to xplan pricing....Can I stack the Costco $1000 rebate on top?

bets
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by OU812
Does anyone know if you can stack rebates?

I have access to xplan pricing....Can I stack the Costco $1000 rebate on top?

I guess this was asked a long time ago, but yes you can stack rebates as far as I know.