PDA

View Full Version : question about interviews

astoria
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
EDIT: THANKS EVERYONE! I got the job!!! I was so worried and nervous and all the replies really helped.

wintonyk
03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
what kind of job is it?

Sounds like it will likely be a group interview with role playing and situational tasks. Test some of your skills in a team environment.

When I applied for an internship at a hospital it was this for two days.

dimi
03-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Probably one of those "join the company for a day to see how you fit in" interviews.

Kloubek
03-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Probably one of those "Buy our timeshare and we'll give you a job" interviews.

bjstare
03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
^Haha.

It will likely be what the other guys (except Kloubek) said. Just team-based activities, and seeing if you'll fit in at the company.

Who was it with?

urbannomad
03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
You might get that with smaller investment firms.
But like the others have said, who is it with?

Orbie
03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Are you sure it's just one interview? At Imperial their second interview is a full business day. But it's actually composed of 3-4 interviews including lunch and some down time with other new hires there.

Sounds like their first interview is a screening one, quick and dirty just to see your qualifications and make sure you're not a psycho. The real behavioral interviews are contained in their second set. My company works similarly but the second interview is only half a day.

ExtraSlow
03-24-2011, 07:37 PM
wow, longest interview I've ever had was two hours.

badatusrnames
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow, that's long.

Doesn't Shell put you to work for something like two weeks during their process?

Jeff_E
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
i had an interview like these before when i used to work for CMP Automotive. it will probably like the same.. a group interview with role playings and a big presentation afterwards.

My advice, calm down and listen and participate. be sure to know what will u present in the end as well. Good luck with ur interview!

swak
03-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_E
i had an interview like these before when i used to work for CMP Automotive. it will probably like the same.. a group interview with role playings and a big presentation afterwards.

hahaha.. Who interviewed you?

I used to work there as well, and i walked in, showed them my qualifications. 10 min interview.... Okay, when can you start?

.. Mind you this was during the insane Boom where all you needed was a beating heart to get a job.
All im saying is i never would have expected that kind of interview process from them.

natejj
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
7 hours are you kidding me? My interview for Air Traffic Control didn't even last 2 hours.

bourge73
03-24-2011, 09:58 PM
that cant be possible to last 7 hours, 6 hours must be buttsex

turbotrip
03-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Doesn't Shell put you to work for something like two weeks during their process?

Nope

msommers
03-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Not that I've heard. It's another one of these full day or two group interview things.

Jeff_E
03-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by swak

hahaha.. Who interviewed you?

I used to work there as well, and i walked in, showed them my qualifications. 10 min interview.... Okay, when can you start?

.. Mind you this was during the insane Boom where all you needed was a beating heart to get a job.
All im saying is i never would have expected that kind of interview process from them.

John Cobourne and David Dunlop... hahaha

wow! 10 min interview? damn ur lucky.. lol.. i applied during their job fair so maybe that's why.. we were like 30 at the beginning then only 10 people got hired.. lol