PDA

View Full Version : Ordered An Item From BestBuy...

Tram Common
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I ordered an item from BestBuy Calgary, I figured I'd ship it because it's free and I didn't really want to go all the way up into the NE to pick it up... especially seeing as I currently don't have a vehicle.

Take a look at how efficient the Canada Post has been at getting this package from the NE of Calgary, on the 16th of March, to my apartment in downtown Calgary:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/caithness/canada-post-wow-01.jpg

Also, I still haven't received the package, I figure it needs to return to Mississauga a few more times first. :dunno:

SlickA70
03-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Beat up a mail man :dunno:?

beecue
03-24-2011, 08:11 PM
:confused: It doesn't ship from the NE store as you can see. It ships from the warehouse in Mississauga. Not sure why it shows Mississauga twice.

roopi
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Like beecue said everything you order online from major retailers ships from a distribution centre and not the actual retail location.

Tram Common
03-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Like beecue said everything you order online from major retailers ships from a distribution centre and not the actual retail location.

Ya? ... and then to the location and then back to the distribution center? ... and then back to the location?

KRZY403
03-24-2011, 09:50 PM
This also happened to me as well when I ordered a phone from ebay and was shipped through fedex. I noticed that once it got to Calgary, it went to the states then through customs and back to Calgary again.

narou
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah I had parts come from Honk Kong to Calgary to Vancouver to Richmond to Edmonton and then finally to my house.

roopi
03-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by narou
Yeah I had parts come from Honk Kong to Calgary to Vancouver to Richmond to Edmonton and then finally to my house.

It's called logistics. Believe it or not but when items are shipped a direct route is not always the most cost efficient way.

narou
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
How can it cost less to send to Calgary then to all those places and back to Calgary and then to my house?

BlackArcher101
03-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Teere's something wrong with the tracking.... It has the "Order Information" being submitted to Canada Post twice. Usually it's the first item and then never again.

Sometimes when you see locations that make no sense, it's usually paperwork that is being processed at that facility. In cases of cross border shipments, you'll sometimes see the board crossing location show up, then back into the states, then crossing the border again. In reality, the first hit at the border is processing the paperwork ahead of time.

I never trust online tracking.

Kloubek
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I think it was probably some sort of routing problem.

When SportMart.ca used to sell online, I used to manage the customer service for it. There was one particular order which was shipped from Toronto to the correct city of Edmonton, but then went out to *Nova Scotia* (perhaps Newfoundland - I can't quite recall), then to Edmonton, back to Toronto, and then Edmonton again.

You can imagine how impressed the customer was.

Kavy
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
The Calgary location does not pay for the shipping.

Thats why when it gets to Calgary if there is an additional cost or taxes the online tracking shows it go back to the origin of shipping/billing address. It doesn't really go back there but an invoice does and thats shows up as being scanned in.

icetraycnb
03-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Of course you don't understand. You don't have a docurate in shipping!

Mar
03-24-2011, 11:29 PM
No, no and no.
These companies ship out the shipping information and customs forms (if any) of the item first, making it a 2 part package and both parts have the same tracking number. The paperwork showed up in Calgary first and got scanned while the package was shipped at a later date and was scanned while still in Mississauga. Then the actual package came and showed up in Calgary where the paperwork was already waiting.

Seen it many times.

yeahyeah
03-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Does Canada post have the worst tracking or what? I've had a package hit missisauga 4 days ago and no updates since then :( :banghead:

raceman6135
03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
That's too bad, OP.

I've recently had quite good luck with Best Buy and Canada Post.

I ordered a part on March 13 (Sunday), and it was delivered to my house the morning of Wednesday, March 16.

http://www3.telus.net/public/djs67/members_only/BestBuy.jpg

n1zm0
03-25-2011, 04:53 PM

It's called logistics. Believe it or not but when items are shipped a direct route is not always the most cost efficient way.

very true, i order a part from Saskatchewan through FedEx overnight A.O.G drop ship (aircraft parts) you will see the tracking info send it to Memphis (FedEx's hub) then back up to Calgary.

Originally posted by icetraycnb
Of course you don't understand. You don't have a docurate in shipping!

and you don't have a doctorate in English :thumbsup:

badatusrnames
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM

:werd:

And also, sometimes, I believe it has to do when items are scanned, released, registered, etc. in the system. They may not have physically traveled in the order shown above, but they way the tracking system processes things makes it appear that way.

Mitsu3000gt
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
It shows up like that just to show you where the "action" took place (i.e. a scan, paperwork arrival, clearance, etc.). It doesn't necessarily mean that is the route your actual package took.