PDA

View Full Version : Should members be the only ones authorized to view the beyond forum

Redlyne_mr2
09-09-2002, 05:13 PM
i think its a good idea...gives us a bit of privacy

rage2
09-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Anyone can login and read =).

Superesc
09-09-2002, 06:04 PM
yup, unless you add a more stingent registration process, its not useful and can get annoying to legit new users who wants to look around before signing up.

Zephyr
09-09-2002, 06:14 PM
i think its better for them to look around and sign up, if they sign up and decide not to post, its just a waste of a name and space...but then ur memeber count will be high...

dj_honda
09-12-2002, 07:34 PM
i agree, they should be able to look at the forum first.....
see before this i used to go and just read the abcars.net forum when it first started, and i never joined it cuz honestly i thought it was horrible.....
then this forum came up and i saw it and i thought it was an improvement so i read for a while and then ended up joining.
other than events and stuff i never learned anything for abcars.net, back when i used to read it

cocoabrova
09-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Privacy on the 'net?? :rolleyes::rofl: It's a good idea to keep it WITH the public viewing capabilities because it might actually weed out the post-whorers/intentional flamers to a small degree, and not to mention it'll up the membership #'s too:clap::rofl:

5.9 R/T
09-12-2002, 08:50 PM
What about a members only area? Or certian sections that are closed off, but not the whole site? Just a suggestion.

infamous
09-12-2002, 10:30 PM
yeah i think that would be a good idea.....wait, no, because i am still too poor to get a membership. how much are they anyways?? and who can i get them through?

GTS Jeff
09-30-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by infamous
yeah i think that would be a good idea.....wait, no, because i am still too poor to get a membership. how much are they anyways?? and who can i get them through? haha this isnt abcars, u dont pay for extra shit....i tihnk the only premium member here is maxboost..hahaha

and there are certain private forums here that only a few members can see

buh_buh
09-30-2002, 04:07 PM
I think it deters people from going onto the site. Ive been to sites where I have to sign up first, and I just don't bother. I just move onto the next site.

D'z Nutz
09-30-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I think it deters people from going onto the site. Ive been to sites where I have to sign up first, and I just don't bother. I just move onto the next site.

ie: Abcars.

I'm not gonna sign up just to see what's going on there :madred:

Fuji
10-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
What about a members only area? Or certian sections that are closed off, but not the whole site? Just a suggestion.

I agree with this especially like legit Beyond member that are known by the admins so cops can't bust up our events.

buh_buh
10-04-2002, 09:35 PM
It would be pretty easy for cops to sign up too though.

Blue Devil
10-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

:thumbsup: I agree, especially with all the cars being stolen, who know's who is reading the forums.

exr90
10-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil

:thumbsup: I agree, especially with all the cars being stolen, who know's who is reading the forums.

thats where members have to be self conscious of what they post... while on the other hand, mods could regulate or delete when specific locations/addreses of members are posted...

exr90
10-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
It would be pretty easy for cops to sign up too though.

depending on what the cops intentions are, it could be beneficial to have police members, they could answer questions for us, etc

i know in Vancouver/Lower Mainland Area cops were getting sticky about certain mods, so a cop was invited to help us know what was good and bad....