PDA

View Full Version : New Lowering Springs Question

suprame
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
soo last week i installed blox lowering springs on my car. it was suppose to lower the car 2.75" in the front and 2.5" in the rear. during installation i put the springs labeled F in the front, and the springs labeled R in the rear making sure they were right side up. but after installation i didnt notice a change in ride height. after some quick searching on the web i was under the impression i needed to give the springs some time and driving to settle them in. now a week later only the drivers rear is at the height it is suppose to be at. the other three are at the same height they were at before. tomorrow im going to check to see if they possibly slipped off the seats. but im wondering if anyone has any trouble shooting ideas i can try while im doing it. or if anyone would have any idea why it would be doing that.

Jetta-2.0
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
are they just springs that u changed? and not coilovers?

suprame
03-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Just springs on kyb gr2 struts. Not coilovers

Jetta-2.0
03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by suprame
Just springs on kyb gr2 struts. Not coilovers

check ur struts i installed springs on struts before on my first jetta and lowered it about 2inchs but with in 2 weeks after breaking them in, the car became lower about half an inch or so,

i put coilovers on my bmw and took about 3 weeks for them to break it and the car becoming stiffer and less bouncy, i have yet to raise it back up a bit