PDA

View Full Version : US to hit debt ceiling Friday (April 1st)

ZenOps
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/usfd/page3.pdf

Things were going relatively well - right up until about the Japan Earthquake.

But since emergency measures to stabilize the markets have triggered - the US is now on course to hit their debt ceiling in one week.

Which means the US may or may not announce Quantitative Easing III (money printing) anywhere between Thursday and Monday.

PS: Now that I think about it - maybe we should have tried to lock in the F-35 fighters at 9 billion. At this rate - by the time they are delivered they will be over 70 billion.

yellowsnow
03-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/usfd/page3.pdf

Things were going relatively well - right up until about the Japan Earthquake.

But since emergency measures to stabilize the markets have triggered - the US is now on course to hit their debt ceiling in one week.

Which means the US may or may not announce Quantitative Easing III (money printing) anywhere between Thursday and Monday.

PS: Now that I think about it - maybe we should have tried to lock in the F-35 fighters at 9 billion. At this rate - by the time they are delivered they will be over 70 billion.

Hyperinflation in the US? That will be crazy. It'll be like what happened to Germany post WWI. The US curency will become worthless, people will no longer invest in the US economy, prices of food sky rockets... plus no new jobs for the american people.

Regarding the F-35 fighters, if the US dollar devalues, our CAD would obviously be worth more... so if the F-35 fighters cost $70 billion US dollars, our currency will have much more buying power, so i believe it would end up being cheaper for us canadians. :clap:

Beerking
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
April Fools on YOU! They are just going to illiminate that ceiling.

Oh, and there will be QE3, but they will not announce ir, they will just slide it in there. Unless of course the markets crash, then The Bernak will have an accuse the accelerate the press.:facepalm:

Also, if US goes into Hyperinflation, they are dragging us down with them too.