PDA

View Full Version : Pothole tracker application

alberta_gamer
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Look at this story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2011/03/25/mb-pothole-application-winnipeg.html

...and tell me what the map of Calgary would look like on this application.

Kloubek
03-26-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd suggest you make the icons smaller so they don't block off the entire freakin city map...

WaR-BirD
03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Ours would just be 1 big blue icon.

Commanderwiggin
03-26-2011, 03:12 PM
After being in Winnipeg all last week...the whole south of that map should be blue...and that's the GOOD area of the city :facepalm: ...don't drive in the North too often but last year it was :nut:

miguex
03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
If the government ignores the potholes, we should do pothole gardening like this picture: HAHA!

http://www.brokencountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/pothole-gardener.jpg

source: http://www.brokencountry.com/index.php/2010/04/28/steve-wheen-plants-flowers-in-potholes/

EPIC!

94boosted
03-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by WaR-BirD
Ours would just be 1 big blue icon.

Lol so true. Is it just me or is this year worse than others?

BlackArcher101
03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Red Deer is far far worse than Calgary. They have open pit mines in their roads.

95EagleAWD
03-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Come all the way to Edmonton... Calgary is amazing compared to what we have up here. :(

revelations
03-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Its not even the potholes that are bad in Calgary, its the new dips and speed bumps and humps that appeared on many road surfaces. City nightmare for sure.

For eg. Peigan trail was resurfaced last summer and now its almost as bad as it was before they resurfaced it. :(

Kloubek
03-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Come all the way to Edmonton... Calgary is amazing compared to what we have up here. :(

You sure about that? Lately I feel like I've been travelling the Rubicon Trail...

vtec260
03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
My TL is making weird creaking suspension sound it didn't make before. ummmm...time for a Trail-rated Jeep, perhaps?

Still Winnipeg road is pretty bad from my previous years living in 'Peg. Gotta a be a PHD to drive there. PHD=Pot Hole Dodger.

Kittens11
03-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Its not even the potholes that are bad in Calgary, its the new dips and speed bumps and humps that appeared on many road surfaces. City nightmare for sure.

For eg. Peigan trail was resurfaced last summer and now its almost as bad as it was before they resurfaced it. :(

Same deal with 22x the repaved most of it at the end of last summer and its basically just garbage again now..

xDodge2x
03-27-2011, 09:29 PM
lets face it. we all have shitty roads? Have you guys ever been down to southern US? roads are perfect I shat a brick the first time I drove down a road in arizona.

badatusrnames
03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Blame it on our shitty weather. 70 degree annual swings in temperature and multiple freeze-thaw cycles are going to wreak havoc on roads. The southern US doesn't have to deal with that.

They don't necessarily build better roads, they've just got far better weather.

4lti
03-27-2011, 09:48 PM
The NE is LITTERED with dips, drops, and cracks everywhere! You cant even go the speed limit because the road looks like its just been bombed.
Calgary is a Skid Plate kind of city.

revelations
03-27-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm so glad I raised my previously lowered (slammed) Civic in November.

ryanallan
03-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Tell me about it!
Potholes get filled in 2 weeks ago and get torn out by the snow plows the next day :thumbsup:
Edmonton seriously has the worst roads I have ever driven on.

djayz
03-28-2011, 01:13 AM
2 potholes in all of Calgary. That map is wrong!

Zewind
03-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by djayz
2 potholes in all of Calgary. That map is wrong!

Just need to send them in. Ill drive down 17th it should take me a few days to document all of them :banghead:

sillysod
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by xDodge2x
lets face it. we all have shitty roads? Have you guys ever been down to southern US? roads are perfect I shat a brick the first time I drove down a road in arizona.

You must not have travelled much in the US because some of their roads are really bad. Generally the interstates are great, but especially in the deep south the side roads are deadly.

I was just up in Edmonton last week and can vouch that our roads are 10x better right now, they have some insane pothole action going on there.

stealth141
03-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Zewind

Just need to send them in. Ill drive down 17th it should take me a few days to document all of them :banghead: I drive 17th alot and there is many, but they aren't that big compared to others you randomly hit. :rofl:

heavyD
03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Blame it on our shitty weather. 70 degree annual swings in temperature and multiple freeze-thaw cycles are going to wreak havoc on roads. The southern US doesn't have to deal with that.

They don't necessarily build better roads, they've just got far better weather.

Nope. It's a given that our weather is shitty. What's not acceptable is all the newly paved roads are the worst affected. Proper preparation was not done and it shows in freshly paved roads that ride like a motorcross course. Shoddy work is shoddy work. Millions of taxpayer money on all this new road construction essentially flushed down the toilet. Road construction contractors have let the city down bigtime as now they will all have to be re-paved at our expense of course.:thumbsdow

ercchry
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by vtec260
My TL is making weird creaking suspension sound it didn't make before. ummmm...time for a Trail-rated Jeep, perhaps?

wont help... i suggest a lexus equipped with air suspension

88CRX
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Nope. It's a given that our weather is shitty. What's not acceptable is all the newly paved roads are the worst affected. Proper preparation was not done and it shows in freshly paved roads that ride like a motorcross course. Shoddy work is shoddy work. Millions of taxpayer money on all this new road construction essentially flushed down the toilet. Road construction contractors have let the city down bigtime as now they will all have to be re-paved at our expense of course.:thumbsdow

This.

Potholes and cracks that form over years is one thing. Roads that sink and heave all over the place after one winter is just plain laziness on the contractors behalf.

Kloubek
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by vtec260

Yeah, I dunno... my trail-rated Jeep is starting to make some pretty loud noises out of the front end on this pavement...

djayz
03-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I did my part and drove down 32nd Ave today haha, where's everyone elses?

revelations
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Is there any legal action available? I dont want to cover some lacky contractor who skimped on preperation H.

heavyD
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Is there any legal action available? I dont want to cover some lacky contractor who skimped on preperation H.

Honestly I doubt it because it's possibly that the city cheaped out but there should be some standards that must be followed and it's pretty clear that has not been happening for the past few years. I'm not even sure if the city is even looking at it as I'm sure they are investigating more important things such as new designer pedestrian bridges and refresh projects for locals of personal interest.

Commanderwiggin
04-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by djayz
I did my part and drove down 32nd Ave today haha, where's everyone elses?

So where's this Large Pothole?

Large: 3' or more Road is not passable for most cars. Moon-like crater.

djayz
04-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Commanderwiggin

So where's this Large Pothole?

Large: 3' or more Road is not passable for most cars. Moon-like crater.

That was an accident but I left the intersection so I couldnt delete it and create a new one. It's not really a pothole but more so a bump then a dip then another bump.

I wish this app would have pin dropping, how else can you put a pothole in unless you have the app open and ready to click add pothole everytime you hit one.

Xtrema
04-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Dude I met when I drop my car off at dealership that he busted rim and pop a tire on one of those bad boys.

Shaganappi is pure shit right now. It's actually a ramp that you can launch off, Dukes of Hazard style.

mr2mike
04-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by xDodge2x

Ya, show me a place with no snow and I'll show you good roads. No comparison.

Originally posted by sillysod

You must not have travelled much in the US because some of their roads are really bad. Generally the interstates are great, but especially in the deep south the side roads are deadly.

Agreed! Ever been to Ohio? I thought the SUV was going to rattle apart. Made me not complain about Calgary.

SCHIDER23
04-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Deerfoot deeps pretty bad after memorial, hell they even had to put a sign saying "BUMP" ahead :rofl: :rofl: , and wasn't deerfoot repaved last summer :whipped: , another bad road is east bound Glemore just before the Riverbend/18 Street SE merge, they been working on that damn bridge for 5 years now and is still not done, and they done such a shitty job mergin the new bridge with the existing road that before the slow down sign you have to slow down to 40 or less, cause if you take that too fast you could bend the shit out of your rims, I hope they fix it before I put my summer rims. :(