PDA

View Full Version : FS: Fat PS3 40GB, 3.41 firmware, repaired

Zero102
03-28-2011, 07:35 AM
I have a fat 40GB PS3 for sale. A couple weeks ago my wife was watching a movie on it and it gave the YLOD and shut down on her. We replaced it with a new PS3 slim since we needed to have it back up that day.

Over the weekend I repaired this PS3 by reflowing the solder on the CPU and GPU, then applying some arctic silver thermal paste to the heat sinks. We used it for approximately 7 hours over the weekend to see if it was successfully repaired and so far it has been just fine.

Since we have a PS3 slim, and it is quieter than this old fat one, I am selling the fat one.

This PS3 has a known good blu-ray drive and comes with one six-axis controller, power cord, A/V component cable, and no games. It has minor cosmetic damage on the front where it got banged during a move (a small crack on one corner) but it does not affect operation. No pics but I think we all know what the fat PS3's look like.

I am asking $175 OBO. NO TRADES

IntegraG2
03-28-2011, 10:20 AM
have you tried playing any games on it after repair?

Zero102
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Yup, played some COD, then streamed movies for about 6 hours.

Zero102
05-19-2011, 03:53 PM
*BUMP*

Due to the old firmware on this console it is easily jailbreakable, if you want a PS3 to play around with backups on and to mod this one is a great choice.