PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Paint Works HELP ME! How much will this car cost to rebuild!?!? Porsche 911

InRich
03-28-2011, 07:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-911-/280644723198?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4157baa1fe

u all know i'm seriously looking at a summer car this year... I found this car, just finished talking to the guy, he said he'd let it go for 47,500....

Buuuuut fuck that doesnt seem like a good enough deal to me. I offered him 40k. Even at that, do you guys think its a good deal?

I have no idea how much it would cost to fix, I was thinking around 7k, with parts and labour...

How much do you guys think it would cost to import this, fix it, with all the fee's and duties???

Kloubek
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Chances are if he would "let it go" for that price, you aren't going to get it for 40.

So what does it matter?

Besides that, it is impossible to know for sure how much it would cost to fix without closer inspection to know exactly what parts are damaged.

In addition, if you *really* want a quote from Screamin', why not contact Dan instead of hoping he sees this message?

Finally, I personally would not import a car which might pose issues with the title, rebuilt status, etc.

I'd just walk away.

SR240SX
03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
7k with parts and labour? Good luck...

This thread has troll writen all over it:facepalm:

anschutz_92
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by InRich
I have no idea how much it would cost to fix, I was thinking around 7k, with parts and labour...

How much do you guys think it would cost to import this, fix it, with all the fee's and duties???

It's not worth your time/money... that's easily 20k+ in damage alone. Needs all new panels, exhaust, light, bumper skin, bumper... looks like the rear subframe is damaged too. A rebuilt inspection isn't the easiest thing to pass. Would make a great parts car.

FraserB
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
If you really want us to jerk off cars you don't even own or be impressed with how much of a baller you are, buying salvage vehicles that might not even be allowed in Canada is straight up hardcore, just tell us up front and have a single thread to get your ego stroked by people who don't give a shit.

InRich
03-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
If you really want us to jerk off cars you don't even own or be impressed with how much of a baller you are, buying salvage vehicles that might not even be allowed in Canada is straight up hardcore, just tell us up front and have a single thread to get your ego stroked by people who don't give a shit.

haha... your a goof. I dont need my my ego stroked by anyone, especially on beyond. once again, last time I checked this was a car forum. I'm simply asking a question, cause I have no idea how much that would cost to repair.... My accord was damaged in a similar way and it only cost me 3k. I'm trying to find the nicest ride for as cheap as possible...

SR240SX
03-28-2011, 07:32 PM

My accord was damaged in a similar way and it only cost me 3k. I'm trying to find the nicest ride for as cheap as possible...

lol....This isnt a Honda...far from it. You have no idea what your doing obviously if you even want to consider spending 40k+ on a car like that.

If you had that kind of money I'm pretty sure you would be looking at something local and legit...Not crashed and from the US.

Why would you even make this thread with a title like that?

Is screamin the only body shop in alberta that can figure out the repair costs on that car? If you were serious, you would have contacted a bodyshop, not troll with a dumb thread on beyond.ca

:drama:

97luder
03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
so 40k PLUS taxes from the dealer , then duty coming across the boarder , then to get it fixed and THEN to get it to pass inspection ... seems like a money pit to my buy the time you get it on the road i dont think you will be as pleases with it

id keep looking but hey what do i know :burnout:

InRich
03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
^^ Screamings got a good rep, and is on here...
The cars heavily damaged, and I'm going out of my way to fix it. Not to mention it'll probably never be the same again, even after a good repair job... I think 50 - 55k for that car, FIXED, and in my drive way is a good deal on both sides....

If thats in fact 20k worth in damage, I'm out. but I am curious.

Whats with all you goofs coming on here trying to ruin my thread... If you dont have anytyhing positive to add, fuck off.

schocker
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Buy it for sure

EM1FTW
03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
last i checked you cant bring salvage cars into canada?

BrknFngrs
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
For it to end up with a salvage title wouldn't the damage have to have been pretty major? Like 50% of the vehicles value or so?

Muji
03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
little duct tape and she is good to go.

Kavy
03-28-2011, 08:18 PM
IMO i would NEVER buy a salvage car at 40k. Lambo, porche or otherwise.

I know its 40k vs 70k but I mean normally if someone can dish out 40K + about 10k-15k in repairs to drive a hairy boxed porche with a pretty new dress they can afford to buy one thats not been pounded a new one.

InRich
03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Muji
little duct tape and she is good to go.

LOL, haha.

Originally posted by Kavy
IMO i would NEVER buy a salvage car at 40k. Lambo, porche or otherwise.

I know its 40k vs 70k but I mean normally if someone can dish out 40K + about 10k-15k in repairs to drive a hairy boxed porche with a pretty new dress they can afford to buy one thats not been pounded a new one.

I can afford anything I want... Its just that spending 100k+ on a car I'm gonna use only 3 - 4 months a year is a tough pill to swollow... plus I still have ALOT owing on my bmw, which needs to be paid off in june. the 6% interest and 1400/month payments are starting to piss me off. for a 100k summer car, I'll have to take out another loan aswell.

Anyways pretty obvious you guys are very against this car, for various reasons, and I trust MOST of your opinions. I'll erase it from my mind. It does sound like a headache for me. I just thought it might be worth it, if the savings were there...

thanks

zipdoa
03-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

In addition, if you *really* want a quote from Screamin', why not contact Dan instead of hoping he sees this message?

Just buy a rebuilt RS4 for $32900.

And 7k to fix that Porsche? I'd say at least 15k to make it perfect.

I can afford anything I want...

:rofl:

adidas
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM

I can afford anything I want...

I'll have to take out another loan aswell.

The BANK "can afford anything you want"

InRich
03-28-2011, 08:53 PM
^ i'm still the one paying in the end ;)

Kavy
03-28-2011, 08:53 PM
InRich i'm not hating on the car but the condition.

You can definitely find something better that you would have zero regrets on.

GTS4tw
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM

LOL, haha.

I can afford anything I want... ... plus I still have ALOT owing on my bmw, 1400/month payments are starting to piss me off.

yup, you sound like a real baller, who can afford "anything I want" (on payments)

VW337
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
The ad says that the car has a New Jersey salvage title. Like others in this thread have said, I'm pretty sure you can't bring salvage or rebuilt title cars into Canada from the states.

pf0sh0
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Just buy a rebuilt RS4 for $32900.

Where can you find that??

spacerz
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by VW337
The ad says that the car has a New Jersey salvage title. Like others in this thread have said, I'm pretty sure you can't bring salvage or rebuilt title cars into Canada from the states.

WRONG.

I have personally brought a salvage vehicle into canada from the United States. I had the salvage inspection completed here in Alberta, not in the United States. It passed with flying colours and is now registered and insured in Calgary, Alberta.

You cannot bring un-repairable status or flood vehicles into Canada if you plan on registering it. Those vehicles will be considered "parts only" vehicles (un-registerable).

Salvage vehicles are perfectly fine to purchase and import into Canada. It might even be more feasible to have it repaired in the United States (as I did).

Edit: You also have the option to import it into Canada and fix it her under RIV as a salvage vehicle. Limit being, you have to have it repaired and passed (salvage inspection/OP/OOP) within one year of importation.

This information is from first hand experience, not from reading off of forums and websites.

Kloubek
03-28-2011, 09:13 PM
^^ He speaks the truth. Only flood vehicles are not allowed in... damaged vehicles are.

However, in order to get it in a condition which would pass inspection would mean a quick repair job. I am not sure if you can extend the timeframe that is required to have it inspected or not...

ShermanEF9
03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
lol. anyone can afford anything with "payments"

spacerz
03-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
^^ He speaks the truth. Only flood vehicles are not allowed in... damaged vehicles are.

However, in order to get it in a condition which would pass inspection would mean a quick repair job. I am not sure if you can extend the timeframe that is required to have it inspected or not...

Well flood/unrepairable vehicles are technically still allowed into Canada, only as "parts" vehicles tho. So let's say you have a 2009 Honda with a really bad accident here in Canada. You can technically purchase a flood/unrepairable vehicle in the United States, import it here to Canada, and use the parts off of it to repair the damaged one in Canada. The rest of the "US" flood/unrepairable status vehicle would be basically scrap because you would not be able to register it.

Well you have a year to repair the vehicle once it is landed in Canada. I would think that is a sufficent amount of time to have it repaired properly.

That.Guy.S30
03-28-2011, 09:50 PM
if you really want a porsche why dont you go to kulu and check some out. hell he can even bring something in for you if your serious. or check wiessach in van.

zipdoa
03-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0

Where can you find that??

I have a connection out in BC... My roommates dad rebuilds cars out in Salmon Arm and just nabbed a wrecked RS4. I think he said it would be ready come May.

ddduke
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
lol. anyone can afford anything with "payments"

I'm going to say that not anyone can afford anything with payments. Most people can't afford the $1400/month he's paying for his x5. Also, most people couldn't get approved for a $100k + car loan.

This car seems like way too much of a headache, if I was in the market for a car like you then I would much rather spend a bit more and know that I'm safe and can rest easy at night knowing exactly what I was getting in to.

InRich
03-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

I'm going to say that not anyone can afford anything with payments. Most people can't afford the $1400/month he's paying for his x5. Also, most people couldn't get approved for a $100k + car loan.

This car seems like way too much of a headache, if I was in the market for a car like you then I would much rather spend a bit more and know that I'm safe and can rest easy at night knowing exactly what I was getting in to.

very true....
actually I was just thinking about this the other day. How the heck do people afford to drive an X5 like mine, which I see everywhere, house payments @2500+, kids, tax's, food, gas, heating, etc in this city, where most people make an average of 50k a year... I dont know how poeple live in this city.

A790
03-28-2011, 11:32 PM
I've learned that the more money someone has, the less they care what people think of them.

Mar
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM

very true....
actually I was just thinking about this the other day. How the heck do people afford to drive an X5 like mine, which I see everywhere, house payments @2500+, kids, tax's, food, gas, heating, etc in this city, where most people make an average of 50k a year... I dont know how poeple live in this city. Nobody driving a X5 makes less than $50,000 a year. Plus most people have a spouse contributing to payments.

Redlyne_mr2
03-29-2011, 12:09 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if all said and done you're looking at well over $30K for those repairs. The insurance company wrote the car off for a reason. Not to mention that it's a US car with a former salvage title so resale would be next to nothing. That guy is asking crack money for that car IMO.

chkolny541
03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
if you really want a porsche why dont you go to kulu and check some out. hell he can even bring something in for you if your serious. or check wiessach in van.

hes not really serious, he just likes to spam new threads every few weeks about what luxury car he wants to buy, that way he can get max exposure out on the forum.

roll_over
03-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Inrich sounds like a russian knock off of I'mrich just kidding all jokes aside the bmw dealer told me I could drive a m5 all we had to do is make the papers look like I had money. Buy a honda save your money or a boxster

heavyD
03-29-2011, 07:09 AM

I can afford anything I want... Its just that spending 100k+ on a car I'm gonna use only 3 - 4 months a year is a tough pill to swollow... plus I still have ALOT owing on my bmw, which needs to be paid off in june. the 6% interest and 1400/month payments are starting to piss me off. for a 100k summer car, I'll have to take out another loan aswell.

Actually seeing that you have to take out multiple loans for multiple vehicles I'm going to say that you probably can't afford anything you want.:thumbsup:

Kona9
03-29-2011, 07:26 AM
This thread is hilarious. A couple people seem to have it right on here. This is a wanna be floss thread. Hey Guys, Look at me and what I think I can do with my money that the bank hasn't lent me yet.

If it wasn't your intention to come off like showboat goof, well you failed.

"Humble people don't think less of themselves, they think of themselves less."

You can afford what you want, so you look to Beyond while trying to get around your attention grabbing scheme by making an awful title expecting no harassment and hoping for praise.

Good luck with whatever you buy, but buying shit to glue togther is still shit glued together. No matter how hard you try and floss an item, You should stick with telling everyone your car payments and personal finance info. That would probably get more tweens swinging from your nutsack than anything.

CMW403
03-29-2011, 08:02 AM

I can afford anything I want... I still have ALOT owing on my bmw,

Holy SHIT you're a goof. :facepalm:

I've never seen anyone try so hard to prove they're rich to a car forum full of students.

Anyone who's actually worth anything doesn't do this kinda shit, you know why? It makes you look like a fucking dumb ass.

dimi
03-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Buying a SALVAGED sports car has got to be one of the saddest things ever. Maybe a commuter, that's perfectly fine, you'll smash the thing up anyway. But a sports car? Really man...

The simple thought that the previous owner smashed the shit out of my car will haunt me too much to justify any discount.

EDIT: 7k for those damages!!! Maybe like 20 grand, and then its still a salvage title and you'll be like 70+ grand in. :rofl:

Guillermo
03-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by A790
I've learned that the more money someone has, the less they care what people think of them.

ABSOLUTELY THIS TIMES 4359873459874359874358973

CRXguy
03-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
This thread is hilarious. A couple people seem to have it right on here. This is a wanna be floss thread. Hey Guys, Look at me and what I think I can do with my money that the bank hasn't lent me yet.

You can afford what you want, so you look to Beyond while trying to get around your attention grabbing scheme by making an awful title expecting no harassment and hoping for praise.

Good luck with whatever you buy, but buying shit to glue togther is still shit glued together. No matter how hard you try and floss an item, You should stick with telling everyone your car payments and personal finance info. That would probably get more tweens swinging from your nutsack than anything.

:werd: :drama:

R-Audi
03-29-2011, 09:35 AM
I dont know why anyone is surprised.... Not like he hasnt done this before.

heavyD
03-29-2011, 09:56 AM
I know how the OP feels though. The $1400/month I spend on daycare really start to piss me off as well when I could be using that money to buy any car I want.:rofl:

zipdoa
03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by A790
I've learned that the more humble someone is, the less they care what people think of them.

I find money is irrelevant. I know people rich and poor who couldn't give a shit what people think of them.

Jlude
03-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I know how the OP feels though. The $1400/month I spend on daycare really start to piss me off as well when I could be using that money to buy any car I want.:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JordanLotoski
03-29-2011, 10:33 AM
It has 20k easy worth of repairs. like i said in a previous thread, when your serious about buying a car specially a porsche, go see Kulu.

bastardchild
03-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
It has 20k easy worth of repairs. like i said in a previous thread, when your serious about buying a car specially a porsche, go see Kulu.

+1 for Kulu.

I walked in with lulu sweat pants & and hoodie when I bought my car. I was still treated like gold & the car, couldn't be happier. :rofl:

OriginalGoods
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
You should just buy a crx and mod it !

zipdoa
03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by bastardchild

+1 for Kulu.

I walked in with lulu sweat pants & and hoodie when I bought my car. I was still treated like gold & the car, couldn't be happier. :rofl:

Maybe because lulu's are the most expensive sweatpants available?

Regardless of attire, a good salesman will treat every single customer equally.

InRich
03-29-2011, 11:20 AM
wowzers :facepalm:

so much hate on this forum, jeez

kvg
03-29-2011, 11:30 AM
wowzers :facepalm:

so much hate on this forum, jeez

No shit hey. Asking a car question on a car forum omfg:eek: . If its worth it to you do it, if not don't. Those are sexy cars for sure, but if you got it fixed and it squeaked and rattled would it drive you insane?:dunno:

Disoblige
03-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Kona9

I clicked on the last page of this thread without reading anything and I already knew who the OP was.

Not surprised at all. Mental disability perhaps?

CMW403
03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by kvg

No shit hey. Asking a car question on a car forum omfg:eek: . If its worth it to you do it, if not don't. Those are sexy cars for sure, but if you got it fixed and it squeaked and rattled would it drive you insane?:dunno:

Obviously you haven't soaked up any of the OP's complex personality yet.

davesparky6
03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Aside from the fact that the car you're looking at is a rip-off, good luck getting a loan from the bank for a US, salvage title, still smashed car.
When I started reading the thread I assumed that you had cash. You may well be able to afford anything you want, but I doubt the bank will loan you any coin for something like this.
You could always leverage your house, US pre-recession style:thumbsup:

KandabashiDevil
03-29-2011, 11:32 PM
My accord was damaged in a similar way and it only cost me 3k.

Yeah ... That's a fair comparison ...

I'm sure it'll be around the same amount. That Porsche is a bargain. Buy it.

beyond_ban
03-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the link, i've been looking for a bargain like this for quite a while.

Euro_Trash
03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Why don't you pay off the X5 instead of looking at a summer car :dunno: just a thought

InRich
03-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Why don't you pay off the X5 instead of looking at a summer car :dunno: just a thought

I am.... anyways close the thread..:facepalm:

A790
03-30-2011, 11:34 AM

I am.... anyways close the thread..:facepalm:
Done.
:closed: