PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: false advertisement?

3drian
03-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey guys I need some advice here, Im trying to get a promotion with allegiant air, the promotion as it reads on their website ends today "book by march 28" but they claim it was only valid till yesterday and the video is "wrong" and wont give me the deal anymore?
what can I do to deal with this situation? the website still states it ends today

im currently chatting with an agent but they wont do anything about it..advice?

Kloubek
03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Ask for the agent's supervisor. Work your way to the top.

3drian
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Im trying they wont let me,, its so fucking frustrating:whipped:

FraserB
03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Screen capture it with the date etc... Any fine print?

3drian
03-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I did screen capture it, and it is on the fine print where they specify the date apparently I can either write a letter to complain or wait 48 hours for a suppervisor to give me a call back... fuuu

3drian
03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
apparently they are fully aware that the video is still up and that it states that the promotion ends today, however that information is wrong and there is nothing they can do.. wtf?

I just finished chatting with the dumb agent i also saved a copy of the whole convo.

FraserB
03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
IIRC Expedia tried the same thing, had one price up and it was wrong, they had to honor the price on the site.

I would book now, save the video etc.. and then dispute the charge with the CC company after you are billed higher. The video clearly states must be purchased today and it is still today. Ask for the agents name and position, her supervisor, official contact info; it might scare her into "rushing" you to a supervisor

3drian
03-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Crap i did get her name, but not her position or the supervisors name, I do have a screen shot and the chat convo saved, Im scared they will call me in 2 days and be like hey its not the 28th anymore u are fucked

3drian
04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
UPDATE: on monday they told me they were going to contac me within 48 hours, its now friday and NOTHING, I called again and they said that they dont call people with my kind of complaint..:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: the best thing I can do is WRITE A LETTER and wait for a response in 8 weeks... fuuuuuuuuuuu I hate companys with shitty customer service

ExtraSlow
04-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Do you honestly expect the same kind of customer service from a discount airline as you would get with a "full service" one?
That's like expecting the same quality of steaks from Wal-Mart as you would get from Second To None Meats, but of course at Wal-Mart prices.

:thumbsdow

jdmakkord
04-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Most fine print will state that rates are subject to change and not guaranteed until the booking has been confirmed.