PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 Motorcycles Moved?

kaddy
03-29-2011, 12:59 PM
We need help moving 2 motorcycles we currently have in heated storage, a ninja 250 and a ninja 500.

The place we paid for storage is closing down unexpectedly and we unfortunately have to make arrangements fairly quickly to move them.

The bikes are located south of the stampede grounds and will need to be transported to Braeside (Anderson & Sounthland Dr).

Unfortunately, I sold my truck before the winter, or I would have probably just rented a uhaul trailer.

Anyone know a good place/person to contact?

Thanks!

JfuckinC
03-29-2011, 01:09 PM
rent a truck from uhaul or driving force or whatev, you can strap two in one truck easy.

drtoohotty1
03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
spikers could help he has a beyond truck rental service

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236098

kaddy
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
rent a truck from uhaul or driving force or whatev, you can strap two in one truck easy.

I might look at that if I don't have any other options. I didn't think 2 bikes would fit in a half ton.

We just got our licenses at the end of fall last, so biking is still pretty new for us.

drtoohotty1
03-29-2011, 01:29 PM
im sure for a few extra beers he could make 2 trips hes a chill guy and it would be your cheapest option

SOAB
03-29-2011, 01:35 PM
2 bikes will fit in a half-ton. one facing forward, one facing backward.

Cos
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM

JfuckinC
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by kaddy

I might look at that if I don't have any other options. I didn't think 2 bikes would fit in a half ton.

We just got our licenses at the end of fall last, so biking is still pretty new for us.

2 bikes will def fit! Just gotta make sure they're super secure and be on your way.

JfuckinC
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Cos

They are a bitch to get up. I had a friend on here help me with his utility trailer and we pulled it. I can tow the trailer if you rent one. Getting sport bikes into the bed is not fun. Even dirt bikes arent great without a good wide ramp.

Ramp? I Can prob get mine in a half ton alone without a ramp! Two guys, piece of cake... Dirt bikes are easy cause you dont care if they fall over haha

Just park against a curb or something around there so your tail gate is really low. Two guys=no problem. But if you can get a ramp, def do it. 2x6 isn't really very trusty unless you get the gate low enough to the ground haha :thumbsup:

Cos
03-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Ramp? I Can prob get mine in a half ton alone without a ramp! Two guys, piece of cake... Dirt bikes are easy cause you dont care if they fall over haha

Just park against a curb or something around there so your tail gate is really low. Two guys=no problem. But if you can get a ramp, def do it. 2x6 isn't really very trusty unless you get the gate low enough to the ground haha :thumbsup:

I guess I am more sketchy than most but I just hate a heavy bike like that. I love at MacLean the ramps they have built up to get the bikes in and out. Walt Healy also has one.

Guess I am spoiled.

s_havinga
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Drive them? I generally would not recommend taking a bike out until they clean the streets but if your careful and you can go on a warm day like today and stick to slow roads (macleod) you should easily be able to get them where they need to. I would drive one over for you if you wanted.

spikerS
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
spikers could help he has a beyond truck rental service

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236098

I don't mind helping if you need me.

spikerS
03-29-2011, 02:54 PM
And I also have a covered utility trailer we can use if needed. We used to for hauling motorcycles as well.

JfuckinC
03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Cos

I guess I am more sketchy than most but I just hate a heavy bike like that. I love at MacLean the ramps they have built up to get the bikes in and out. Walt Healy also has one.

Guess I am spoiled.

best thing evverr. when you're tired after a day of riding and these are there it's so nice..

you can drive into ditches so your trucks ass is in the grass too for dirtbikes.. :love:

kaddy
03-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by s_havinga
Drive them? I generally would not recommend taking a bike out until they clean the streets but if your careful and you can go on a warm day like today and stick to slow roads (macleod) you should easily be able to get them where they need to. I would drive one over for you if you wanted.

My girlfriend and I don't have a ton of ridding experience. We did take a course at too cool motorcycle school in the summer and then got our bikes+license in the fall. We both don't feel comfortable yet if the weather isn't perfect.

Originally posted by spikers

Thanks, PM Coming your way.

ddduke
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
If you guys need to borrow a covered utility trailer then send me a message, you can come get one from me. I have one sitting in altadore and one in deer run that aren't being used.

popoykid_jdm
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
rent a full size van from interprise. should just cost u around $60, and a have a portable ramp that u can borrow if u like.

Unknown303
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by spikers

I'd go with this guy. :thumbsup:

turbotrip
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
kelly 403-815-9772

AndyL
03-29-2011, 08:45 PM
If you don't mind being an edumakashional experience... I wanna figure out how to use this beavertail on my towtruck before I "need" to use it :)

kaddy
03-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks for all the input and replies... Spikers is going to be helping me out.

kaddy
04-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Got them moved in this crap weather... Thanks for you help again spikers!

spikerS
04-03-2011, 01:54 AM
no problem. Like I said, I have moved stuff in worse than this. just happy it all went smoothly. well as smoothly as possible in this weather anyways lol.