PDA

View Full Version : When will breakup end in southern Saskatchewan?

bitteeinbit
03-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Here I am again asking about work on oil rigs and service rigs out West... So yeah, as per the topic indicates: does anyone work in Southern Saskatchewan, around Estevan or Weyburn? I’m wondering when breakup will be over and work on oil rigs will resume. Does early May sound too optimistic? Southern Sask is my new destination of choice as I assume breakup ends earlier than in northern Alb. Hopefully I can get some answers from people who live there (and possibly work in the oil industry as well).
Cheers,
-B

JfuckinC
03-29-2011, 01:46 PM
It's not looking so good down there haha, they have a ton of snow as far as i know.
We have an office in estevan and my sisters company drills down there, end of may is what i was told. That's my best guess for ya, sorry man!

Cos
03-29-2011, 01:49 PM

SKR
03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't know about the southeast, but the southwest is going to be wet for a while. I know of a 30 well project that is supposed to start on May 15th near Swift Current, but it's not going to happen. Not until June probably. The southeast probably isn't any different.

Aerobat
03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm an MWD operator working in Drayton and my company is working straight through breakup...dont wait around apply now. Getting off your ass and showing some initiative is what these companies are looking for, not searching around on a car forum for info:banghead: :banghead:

bitteeinbit
03-29-2011, 11:38 PM
The reason I'm not going now is because I'm not free at the moment. I'll be free (no job) in late April, otherwise I would have gone this winter. Thanks guys, I guess that unfortunately confirms bad news. :( Not rally worth it going for only 3 months I suppose. 4 months would have allowed me to get a good idea of what the job is like, whether or not I want to permanently move there and I would have made enough money for it to be worth my time but 3 months of work (not counting the time it would take to find a job...) is only $4000X3=12000$?