PDA

View Full Version : Skyline R34 In Calgary?

Speed_RaSiR
01-13-2004, 02:53 PM
This guy I work with said he saw a Blue Skyline R34 in Calgary with AB plates. Has anyone seen this car or is this guy full of shit?

Seanith
01-13-2004, 02:56 PM
probably an impala :D

rage2
01-13-2004, 02:57 PM
haha even I've mistaken an Impala with the color matching rear for a skyline r34. Even spent 20 mins to drive back around the block during rush hour to double check.

ya I'm a loser lol.

SRBURG13
01-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Possibly, if he had the cash to buy one from Motorex or some shit like that.

I heard there is one in Van city too though.

buh_buh
01-13-2004, 03:09 PM
no Motorex only imports Skylines to the US.
You cannot legally register a R34 here.

DJ Glue_gun
01-13-2004, 03:19 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=impala+chevy+2003/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.quirkcars.com/images/chevy/03_impala.jpg

Factory 'sport' pkg.

Canadian 2.5RS
01-13-2004, 03:54 PM
i doubt it had alberta plates assuming that it in fact exists. There is no way to register an r34 in canada. If you said it had US plates i may be inclined to believe you. Tell your friend that he is mistaken or simply put...:bullshit:

izzoblitzo
01-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Its prolly my buddy's car that he saw... a 2002 honda accord, aluminum spoiler.. tyc 'skyline' tail lights.. body kit, rims...

C4S
01-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Or ..it may be my 83 Accord .. since it is so dirty .. that your friend can't tell what kind of car is it ! :rofl: :rofl:

choweyt3t4
01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
i've heard the same story about 5 times already. a guy that i work with at tequila told me one of his friend has an R34 imported from japan. i told him that cars have to be over 15 years old in order to get into the country. he still continued to argue with me for about 15 mins and finally came up with the reason how his friend got it into canada was that he imported it as a off road vehicle. in other words a race car not for street use. at the time i had no clue if you could import it that way or not so i shut my mouth - but found out later that its pretty hard to import race cars into canada.

XylathaneGTR
01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
I've heard so much of this "I SAW AN R34 IN CALGARY" stuff.
Well, if you ever hear someone say they saw an R34 in calgary.
They didn't.
They'd have one motherfuck of a time bringing that baby through customs.
Legislation = no car under 15 years of age from out of continent.
So no R34's here till 2014 i think...(started in 99 righttt?)

sandman
01-13-2004, 06:08 PM
if some1 uses a US address, gets one from motorex, n then can they?

GorG
01-13-2004, 06:23 PM
yea R34, i dont know think so! its like XylathaneGTR said the soonest they will be able to come is in 2014, unless canada changes a few things. (most unlikely thou) But there is an R32 here right? and the guy is trying to sell it? well atleast thats what i heard, is it true?

buh_buh
01-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by sandman
if some1 uses a US address, gets one from motorex, n then can they? yes.

But if there's an accident there may be implications with the US insurance company.

Canadian 2.5RS
01-13-2004, 08:09 PM
and it wouldnt have alberta plates!

silverEL
01-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
and it wouldnt have alberta plates!
i was just gunna say that

Canadian 2.5RS
01-13-2004, 08:12 PM
i actually said it in an earlier post.:D

mutsuraboshi
01-13-2004, 10:14 PM
haha stupid impala :nut:
it is only the sport packages that have that body colored thingy around the rear lamps

mx73someday
01-13-2004, 11:31 PM
$100 says its a G35 with Skyline badges.

thich
01-13-2004, 11:40 PM
^^ still wouldn't look remotely anything like an R34 tho

mutsuraboshi
01-14-2004, 12:24 AM
how about an impala with gtr badging? :D

MistaBrent
01-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by SRBURG13

:bigpimp:

SRBURG13
01-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

:bigpimp: :dunno: meaning that you own it? or that there IS one?

James
01-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by DJ Glue_gun
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=impala+chevy+2003/v=2/l=IVI/*-http://www.quirkcars.com/images/chevy/03_impala.jpg

Factory 'sport' pkg.

shit, i guess that KINDA does look like a Skyline...my friends parents have one,(non-"sport") and every time i see it i laugh at how people could confuse it with a skyline, its also an ugly ass beige color :tongue:

C4S
01-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Well ..

unless someone just import the R34 from Japan (~ $30K ), and just put a "in-valid" plate on it from whatever car ! (so, no insurance, no reg)
So..it is possible, and not that expensive ... but . just doesn't make sense !

By the way, can someone just import the car,(which is not street legal) but not drive it on the road, and just for "Track" ? (or just park it in the gargage ? )

I remember Rage said, if someone come to Canada, just for a yr or so,(student, work, or whatever) he can import a car to Canada for a short pierod, but he must export the car when he leaves ?? :dunno: :dunno:

rage2
01-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by C4S
By the way, can someone just import the car,(which is not street legal) but not drive it on the road, and just for "Track" ? (or just park it in the gargage ? )
No. You need a letter from a sanctioning body (FIA) to state that this car would be used for competition purposes only, never on the road.

limecorrado
01-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Keep In Mind I never Wrote this,Nore Have i read the whole thing.

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?threadid=11840&highlight=skyline

rage2
01-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Well you should read the whole thing before posting. And realize that the Nissan dealership in question are idiots :).

Summary : They saw a customer's G35 with a skyline badge and thought it was an R34, and that it's coming to Canada.

limecorrado
01-15-2004, 01:04 PM
That does'nt explain where the line "As we speak there are 16 2003 Nissan Skylines R34's in Canada "?Anyway When i had stopped reaading it a few days ago they were still taking about how the dealerships were importing them and going to sell them.Part of the reason i posted it is to show how edmonton is just as bad as Calgary for these skyline sightings.I personally don't understand how someone could mistake a r34 for a G35.Maybe a r33 for a r34 or Vise Versa,But Whatever.

jdms13rhd
01-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Im not too sure how these people do it but I got a friend that goes to db drag racing world finals and he has pictures of brand new imports from Japan that compeate. I wonder how customes lets thoes in? I will ask my friend Lon. He lives in Japan and he imports cars here every year. Theyre all 15 yrs or older tho but i'll ask him if thers any other way. Ive also herd that you can cut the car in half and than weld it back together when it comes to Canada but I dont know anybody that would want a cut car. Bad for drifting u know. But about regestration co's i dont think they sive a shit about what car it is or where you got it frome as long as you get your out of province. I know this and personaly I had absolutly no problem getting my silvia on the road.

redbaron303
01-18-2004, 03:23 AM
You can not put a "cut car" on the road EVER. It comes in on a Salvage title, and basically is tracked by customs especially if it is a newer car, they aren't idiots.

Cars can come to Canada if they are 15 years old to the month the car was built in, that is the only legal way at least for resale.

Show/Race cars basically are admissable by permit to Canada (simple answer).... don't violate the permit or your car gets siezed, and could end up in a few different pieces.

cappachihngo
02-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey dude i believe that there's a R34 in cowtown, i saw a Nissan S15 like 1/2 a year ago, but everyone else just said i was full of bs, and they also provided a list of reasons (mostly mentioned above) of how i could have been mistaken and an eye exam wouldn't hurt me, but ya as i learned, buy a digi cam and bring it everywhere u go just incase it drives by again, lol

dj_honda
02-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by SRBURG13

i saw it at iRev 2 years ago, it had washington plates. there were about 4-5 at the show though, from all over the US..

redbaron303
02-11-2004, 11:18 PM
That car is owned by a friend of a friend.... the washington plate clad R34.... I know which car you're talking about it.... it's an "American Car." Legal in the USA and legal to drive here as a visitor!

Speed_Dreams
02-12-2004, 07:39 AM
this thread is useless without pics

t3rry
02-12-2004, 10:52 AM
if you have enough money you can do anything!

ZorroAMG
02-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Ummm before all you people get your panties in a bunch screaming NOOOOOOO IT CAN'T BEEEEEEE!! Like luke finding out Darth was his dad, remember this:

The young fellow who passed away this year (his username I respectfully forget) was in the process of building one at Ernest's shop (exotic cars international) it was getting the FULL sheet metal custom made, an engine swap and drive train i believe and it was BLUE, the skyline blue, not goofy Impala blue. Don't you think ernest would have wanted to finish the car and sell it instead of leaving it there in his shop? That could very well be the car people are seeing....
sheesh :rolleyes:

jdmakkord
02-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ummm before all you people get your panties in a bunch screaming NOOOOOOO IT CAN'T BEEEEEEE!! Like luke finding out Darth was his dad, remember this:

The young fellow who passed away this year (his username I respectfully forget) was in the process of building one at Ernest's shop (exotic cars international) it was getting the FULL sheet metal custom made, an engine swap and drive train i believe and it was BLUE, the skyline blue, not goofy Impala blue. Don't you think ernest would have wanted to finish the car and sell it instead of leaving it there in his shop? That could very well be the car people are seeing....

That was darknights s13/s15 silvia. Not sure if its complete yet though?

ZorroAMG
02-12-2004, 11:24 AM
yeah that's him! Ernest showed me what the final product was to look like and it was a skyline R34 with badging and all...so that MAY be it...

RickDaTuner
02-12-2004, 11:59 AM

Ernest and sheet metal... man that Guy does some amazing work, when i Used to work for Nissan I was at his shop 2-3 times a week and every time i was there all you would see me do is:drool: :drool: :drool:

i think we as Calgarians are lucky to have such a craftsman

rage2
02-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Don't you think ernest would have wanted to finish the car and sell it instead of leaving it there in his shop?
Sell the car? How can he sell something he doesn't own? :dunno:

jdmakkord
02-12-2004, 01:55 PM
yeah that's him! Ernest showed me what the final product was to look like and it was a skyline R34 with badging and all...so that MAY be it...

Not a skyline mark, silvia. s15 front end on the s13 chassis.

redbaron303
02-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Ya there are photos of the car in members rides gallery I believe :)

WSP
02-12-2004, 04:44 PM
the only way that anyone in canada could insure an r34 is buy claiming it as a rebuild and putting 240sx vin numbers on it and insuring it as a 240sx.

redbaron303
02-12-2004, 08:26 PM
NO they couldn't do that either! That would be HUGE insurance fraud!!!!! Only a retard looking to spend time in Jail would do that. (sorry for the harsh wording)

As I mentioned I know the car, it was previously registered in Seattle (a motorex car) and is and always has been an "American" car and the owners are only driving it here pt through out the year b/c you are allowed to drive your car across the border as long as you leave with it.... My friend has the photos of the car in his shop in Richmond, BC before Irev or ISO or whatever show they put it in again, maybe I'll see about getting them scanned and putting them up....

cappachihngo
02-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Ya i saw darknights s13/s15 before 2, such a awesum car.. but like i said before there's always a chance it might be a real skyline, lol..

o and the impala fooling people. i've been there 2, after a closer look i was like.. hmmm its chev trying to copy other ppl again, lol

Mike09
02-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

Ernest and sheet metal... man that Guy does some amazing work, when i Used to work for Nissan I was at his shop 2-3 times a week and every time i was there all you would see me do is:drool: :drool: :drool:

i think we as Calgarians are lucky to have such a craftsman
Which Nissan did you work for?

ZorroAMG
02-13-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Not a skyline mark, silvia. s15 front end on the s13 chassis.

Well the brochure Ernest showed me was a Skyline so, unless Ernest had no idea what he was building, I'd say it was going to look like a skyline.

Rage2: I am sure Ernest's costs for the work he did are a significant amount of the car's total value, so unless Darknight's family or insurance paid him for the work done, it wouldn't be released to them...soooooo technically until someone knows exactly what happened, Ernest could possibly have owneship if it is never paid for or claimed.