PDA

View Full Version : BB gun kids in Riverbend

aaronck
03-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Was at an intersection in Riverbend last night when my driver side window just smashed as I started to drive off. Only the tint on the windows allowed it to not shatter in on me. The guy at the glass place (Easy Auto glass in Douglas Glen-super nice!)
said this was the third window he's replaced from riverbend, and one the victims said they saw a kid with a BB gun.

Beware out there Riverbendians-and fuck you kid(s), you cost me $300 just because you're an asshole! I hope they catch the culprit so that he can get his slap on the wrist ASAP

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Same thing up here in the Hamptons, some assfuck shot one of the windows on my car with a bb gun, now its tint and tape holding it together.

Guillermo
03-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by aaronck
Was at an intersection in Riverbend last night when my driver side window just smashed as I started to drive off. Only the tint on the windows allowed it to not shatter in on me. The guy at the glass place (Easy Auto glass in Douglas Glen-super nice!)
said this was the third window he's replaced from riverbend, and one the victims said they saw a kid with a BB gun.

Beware out there Riverbendians-and fuck you kid(s), you cost me $300 just because you're an asshole! I hope they catch the culprit so that he can get his slap on the wrist ASAP

LOL YEA RIGHT, stop making stuff up. all beyonders know that window tint makes the window break into large shards that fall off and slash your jugular open, killing you instantly and forever burning the mortifying image of your gruesome death into your childrens' minds. if this really happened, you wouldn't be alive to tell the story!

:rofl:

JfuckinC
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
wow i'd fucking run a kid over if i saw where he was doing this from

fuck kids making mistakes. Snowballs, whatever, eggs ok fuck off, but bb gun? you're road kill.

Phenix
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo

LOL YEA RIGHT, stop making stuff up. all beyonders know that window tint makes the window break into large shards that fall off and slash your jugular open, killing you instantly and forever burning the mortifying image of your gruesome death into your childrens' minds. if this really happened, you wouldn't be alive to tell the story!

:rofl:

The reason why tint is illegal . :facepalm:

JBreaks
03-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I've got a buddy with the most elaborate and expensive airsoft and BB gun collection, I ever thought possible....

Moral of the story, we have shot these things into many different materials including door glass and windshields.

Can't say that any BB or airsoft pellet ever caused damage to automotive glass...

he plays competitively and has his guns "chrono'd" frequently. His upgraded gun shoots some 480/ftps.

That being said.... I once slap shotted a tennis ball into my dads van and broke the rear window playing street hockey.... so I guess anything is possible.

Kloubek
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I used to have a break-open single-shot pellet rifle. I made "darts" out of sharpened finishing nails with masking tape flights. These suckers would embed themselves right to the head of the nail in 2X4's from several metres away.

Once I witnessed this, I haven't underestimated the potential power from a BB/pellet gun since. I think it has a lot to do with what projectile is coming out the barrel though, and plastic Airsoft bb's aren't going to be breaking out any car windows.

gruster
03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
No way a BB gun can damage a car window that bad. Pellet gun on other hand....

MrSector9
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JBreaks
I've got a buddy with the most elaborate and expensive airsoft and BB gun collection, I ever thought possible....

Moral of the story, we have shot these things into many different materials including door glass and windshields.

Can't say that any BB or airsoft pellet ever caused damage to automotive glass...

he plays competitively and has his guns "chrono'd" frequently. His upgraded gun shoots some 480/ftps.

That being said.... I once slap shotted a tennis ball into my dads van and broke the rear window playing street hockey.... so I guess anything is possible.

Either they are stupid weak bb guns or you are not firing steel bb's.

I have a super cheap desert eagle bb gun from wholesale sports ($35) that uses c02 and it would/does have no problem breaking automotive windows.

I had a spare windshield in my yard as well as a scrap car so they were not other peoples property :)

Here is an example.http://www.bbgunworld.com/store/item136.htm

Shoots at 400fps with steel shot, that thing is shattering any factory car window (windshield excluded for obvious reasons)

Tik-Tok
03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
I'd go on a mission. Print out a few hundred flyers asking "Does your, or your neighbors child own a pellet gun? If so they have been spotted by several people with broken car windows"

Then post up the flyers everywhere in the strip mall, and on every 2nd house door. You won't get compensated, but maybe, just maybe, there's a parent out there who gives a shit that his son is being a little asshole with his xmas present.

ddduke
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9

I had a spare windshield in my yard as well as a scrap car so they were not other peoples property :)

Do you also love Nascar and putting hot dogs in you mac and cheese?

revelations
03-29-2011, 04:52 PM
A 498 FPS .166 BB or pellet round can penetrate tempered glass at close range.

OP did you report this to the police?

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

I love that shit.

SR240SX
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Man I dont understand what has gotten into people these days...People are fucked in the head and obviously dont think twice before doing stupid shit like this...

Your lucky it was a BB gun, Some stupid punks have tried lighting my car on fire twice in my neighborhood...First time it hapend, they burnt 1 car to the ground and my garage:thumbsdow

JRSC00LUDE
03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
Some stupid punks have tried lighting my car on fire twice in my neighborhood...First time it hapend, they burnt 1 car to the ground and my garage:thumbsdow

I'm not even from Calgary and now I know you live in the NE.....

SR240SX
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Nope, NW.

Idratherbsidewayz
03-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I'm not even from Calgary and now I know you live in the NE.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by SR240SX
Nope, NW.

Either way, it's the dirty North.

Guillermo
03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

The reason why tint is illegal . :facepalm:

oh dear. :facepalm: your sarcasim detector is broken, and you have no idea wtf i'm talking about.

tint does not make auto glass break into shards, that's an urban myth. actually, it makes it safe because it holds all of the little chunks together so they don't go flying into your eyes, etc. the OP is proof of that, but if you still don't beleive it, look on youtube or google.

89s1
03-29-2011, 05:20 PM
to the people saying bb guns don't break automotive glass....

You're wrong.

Edit: Leave the hotdogs and mac'n'cheese out of it... what did it ever do to you?

Scope951
03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
lol dirty north.

I am from the north and feel like the south people are like edmonton people...

get back:nut:

Idratherbsidewayz
03-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Scope951
lol dirty north.

I am from the north and feel like the south people are like edmonton people...

get back:nut:

White?

derpderp
03-29-2011, 06:24 PM

Jesus :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Phenix
03-29-2011, 06:32 PM

oh dear. :facepalm: your sarcasim detector is broken, and you have no idea wtf i'm talking about.

tint does not make auto glass break into shards, that's an urban myth. actually, it makes it safe because it holds all of the little chunks together so they don't go flying into your eyes, etc. the OP is proof of that, but if you still don't beleive it, look on youtube or google.

No shit sherlock

kvg
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

White?

GOLD!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

roll_over
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
A 495 fps .22 pelet rifle would break a window easy from 100 feet. Thats enough for some punk in his window to hit your car

Mar
03-29-2011, 07:05 PM
My mom's blind in one eye because some punk motherfucker shot her in the face with a BB gun. I'd strangle these kids if I caught them shooting at cars.

broken_legs
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by aaronck

OP, post up the intersection, time of day, and where your car was when the glass shattered.

We should be able to CSI/grassy knoll where the shot came from.

Kids are stupid, they do dumb stuff close to home. Should be pretty easy to find these kids.

Personally I'd be breaking faces even on little kids - they are shooting at you. Well within reasonable self defense me thinks.

spikerS
03-29-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I love that shit.

Originally posted by 89s1

Edit: Leave the hotdogs and mac'n'cheese out of it... what did it ever do to you?

KD and hotdogs are the best! are you 89coupe's new username or some shit? go stick your nose in the air somewhere else!

sillysod
03-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Well I can vouch for the fact that a pellet gun can take out car windows.

When I was stupid and 14 yrs old me and a buddy decided it would be fun to lay in the ditch by 22x at McKenzie Lake and shoot at passing cars.:facepalm:

Both of us come from super strict families and really never did stuff like that, but one night we thought it woulld be "cool".

Needless to say after about an hour of shooting at cars eventually we got the back window of some guys pickup truck. He came after us and although we got away it was in the mckenzie lake community newspaper. My buddies parents knew we had a pellet gun and when they asked us we admitted. They drove us to the police station where we admitted what we did. In the end the cops gave us a good scare and we paid the guy for his window after writing a 10 page apology. Lesson learned.

Anyways Coles notes: Yes pellet guns blow out car windows at distance.

derpderp
03-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
Well I can vouch for the fact that a pellet gun can take out car windows.

When I was stupid and 14 yrs old me and a buddy decided it would be fun to lay in the ditch by 22x at McKenzie Lake and shoot at passing cars.:facepalm:

Both of us come from super strict families and really never did stuff like that, but one night we thought it woulld be "cool".

Needless to say after about an hour of shooting at cars eventually we got the back window of some guys pickup truck. He came after us and although we got away it was in the mckenzie lake community newspaper. My buddies parents knew we had a pellet gun and when they asked us we admitted. They drove us to the police station where we admitted what we did. In the end the cops gave us a good scare and we paid the guy for his window after writing a 10 page apology. Lesson learned.

Anyways Coles notes: Yes pellet guns blow out car windows at distance.

Ten pages? What did you write about in all that?

sillysod
03-29-2011, 08:50 PM
^^ it was hand written so probably 2 pages typed.

it was almost 20 yrs ago but from what I remember it was about what could have happened and how we could have killed somebody by causing a car wreck etc.

I was always the kid that got caught anytime he tried to do something crazy and sneaky. I never got away with shit.

derpderp
03-30-2011, 08:53 AM

MrSector9
03-31-2011, 01:44 PM

hate nascar but LOVE hotdogs in my mac and cheese.

Does it sound better then if i say "parts car" that was then sent to scrap in a reasonable amount of time, all the while looking like a covered running vehicle in my parking spot in the back alley... surrounded by hotdog packages and KD boxes?

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/15111610/2/istockphoto_15111610-macaroni-and-cheese-with-wieners.jpg

89s1
04-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by spikers

KD and hotdogs are the best! are you 89coupe's new username or some shit? go stick your nose in the air somewhere else!

I've never felt so insulted.

I'll have you know my lunch was $9 today, not $90

kthxbai

badatusrnames
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Edit: NM

5fivespeed
04-02-2011, 04:50 AM
These punk ass fucks shot my brothers windows in the other night. Cost me two days of sleep, since I had to wake up early and get new windows and install them. I wish I had found them. Oh... how I wish.

:guns: Ray

revelations
04-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Has anyone actually bothered to call 266 1234 and report this ?