PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when you try to AVOID stupid drivers.

ICEBERG
01-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Good thing i have my winter tire package on the benz and not my 17" Wheels. Today i had a stupid lady cut me off with her big SUV that she can't even see out off on Edmonton Trail going Down Town. She just changed into my lane without even a signal. To avoid her i swerve the car on to the curve bending my RIM slightly. I pulled over at the ESSO gas station to see the damage. It was not too bad. My hub cab flew out that i had to go get off the street. Luckly no one ran over it. So i put the hub back on and drove on. There is a slight misalignment now. The car is pulling to the right hand.

I hate lady drivers with big SUV's that they cant drive. :guns:

Akagi Redsuns
01-13-2004, 04:25 PM
That sucks! Too bad you didn't get her plate and to get reimbursed for the damage. Hope it turns out that the damage to any suspension components is minor. At least the nice wheels were safe from the curbing. Hate stupid and unattentive drivers.

ICEBERG
01-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Allready called LONE STAR MB Service department. The car is going in Tomorrow at 8:00am. $h!t i hate this. If it is anything bad i am going to be pi$$ed. MB parts are not cheap. Hope nothing is wrong eccept an alignment. I should have gotten her Plates and reported this. But i was so worried about my car at the time i didn't think straight. I just pulled over and went to get my hub Cap. Stupid ME.:banghead:

rage2
01-13-2004, 04:39 PM
dude, that's nothing. At least you avoided the accident. I got rear ended twice within 4 months in my AMG. The car's been in the shop since October, and I'm driving a sweet ass Ford Taurus.

I'd rather be paying for a new wheel than to be carless (and still making payments) for 4 months.

1badPT
01-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah this could be a very different story if she had of hit your car.

I had a similarly annoying incident a few weeks ago.

I'm following along behind a lady in a large sedan going through a residential street - she's going ultra slow but I didn't blame her because the roads were a bit icey. I wasn't too worried because this was shortly after having my winter tires installed. Anyways, she slows down, signals right (i guess I should consider myself lucky :tongue: ) and she begins to make a right hand turn at the intersection. So I start to accelerate up to what I feel is a safe speed for my tires, now that there is no one in front of me to get in the way, when all of a sudden she swings around in front of me U-turn style (she didn't look at all). I slammed the brakes and thankfully caught full traction all the way around and stopped just inches from t-boning her.

I could see her laugh like "oh well I'm so blonde, no big deal" and drive off - I can't tell you the expression I returned, but let's just say if looks could kill...

SinisterProbeGt
01-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I'm driving a sweet ass Ford Taurus.
:rofl: :rofl:

1badPT
01-13-2004, 05:46 PM
What's wrong with a Taurusaurus? :dunno:

:poosie: :D

403Gemini
01-16-2004, 01:55 AM
thats not to bad at all, i should take a pic of my old integra wheels from when i hit 2 curbs avoidin a fucker who almost tboned me

MM99lude
01-21-2004, 10:53 PM
People who don't know how to drive are bad... but when the person is like 90 years old its even worse. I was turning from Heritage onto 14th street on the inside lane and next to me was a guy who was at least 90 years old. I noticed him earlier because ever since being t-boned by a 85 year old man i watch out for senior citizens. Well he decided/thought that he had turned from the inside lane instead of the outside lane and all of sudden his huge mamath crown victoria is heading straight for my passanger door. I had to slam on the breaks, a lady behind me almost rear ends me and the guy just casually turns into my lane and keeps going... man i was mad... but you can't just go and flip off an old man you'll give him a heart attack or something... but at least the lude was ok!!

JordanLotoski
01-21-2004, 11:34 PM
what are we lookin at...sorry i just see a close up of a benz wheel cover??...

Wildcat
01-22-2004, 12:02 AM
boo fucking hoo... :rolleyes:

nine8civicSi
01-22-2004, 12:02 AM
man i feel for ya....i got sideswiped (not too bad) by soe chick who didnt chek her blind spot in her mustang..i was in the middle lane, she wa sin the right....but it was better me to jsut let her hit me than me to swerve into the left lane where a accident would have been my fault......too bad she never called me and 5 months later im still tryna sort shit out :banghead:

Spyderman_MaryJ
01-22-2004, 09:27 AM
That sucks. But as you said its a good thing they were your winter tires/rims. Still it must be a real piss off. A couple weeks ago our winter beater got totaled by some lady that turned right in front of me... man was I pissed. The first thing I said to the woman was "Damn am I glad I was in the beater and not the good car." How sad is it when I dont even like to take the good car out because I am afraid some NO BRAIN idiot is gonna wreck it. Just goes to show they will give a licence to anyone!..

ZorroAMG
01-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Dude, I don't get it, you are complaining about a winter hubcap over a steel wheel....just buy another one for 60$

I do sympathize with your thoughts on MB parts and Co$t though...you'll probably just need an alignment...

Good luck..

turbojohngt
01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
I feel your pain dude,I fucking hate dumb bitches driving SUV's with a dick (cell phone)in the ear :devil: