PDA

View Full Version : iTunes random crashes, freezes, and lock-ups.

ZMan2k2
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I downloaded the latest version of iTunes, and since then, I've been getting these really annoying random crashes, freezes and lock-ups. When I open iTunes up, it takes 3-5 min. for the window to appear. I've tried all the suggestions on the apple website for fixing problems like this. I've even tried to do a complete removal and reinstall of iTunes, and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to get this working again? I just bought an AppleTV2, and want to get my music streaming working again, but this is really hampering the fun.

arian_ma
03-30-2011, 03:14 PM
If you don't absolutely need the latest version, just download an older version and hopefully that will fix your problem.

ZMan2k2
03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Where would I go to get an older version? All I know is to get the updates from Apple. :dunno:

BrknFngrs
03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not having slowdowns as bad as you're experiencing but I do find that iTunes gets slower and more bloated with each release. I'd kill for a stripped down version of iTunes that just sorts your music nicely without all the other crap in the background.

arian_ma
03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php

voila

ZMan2k2
03-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks. I googled my answer, and came up with the same location. I'll give it a try.

ZMan2k2
03-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, going back to 10.1.2 helped a little. The random crashes seem to have gone. But if I try to add files, or add album art etc., the program freezes first, then comes back after a couple minutes and does what was asked. It also still takes a few minutes upon clicking the icon for the program to start. I don't know what to do, and the Apple online help, and the online "genius" didn't help either. Looks like I'll have to live with it for a while. Maybe the next update will help.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else to do?