PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a gaming computer, any suggestions?

CMW403
03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm new to the PC gaming scene, simply because I've never had a computer that meets the gaming needs. Well my piece of shit HP crashed so I went out and bought an ASUS N53. I was told it would meet the basic requirements of any game I wanted to play.

Post up some sick games, MMORPG, First person shooter, whatever. I need something to buy and kill time with.

The ONE game I do know about and look forward to is Diablo 3. I played Diablo 2 religiously as a little kid, one could say I was addicted.

schocker
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh if you are looking to kill time, Civilization V should tide you over. :rofl:
Otherwise there is Starcraft 2, Battlefield BC2, COD, Fallout.

A790
03-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. The Crysis series. Crysis 2 is good as well. Supreme Commander (RTS). Eve Online :D

n1zm0
03-31-2011, 09:47 PM
download steam =
http://files.sharenator.com/Shut_up_and_take_my_money_Gues_what_this_is-s500x313-149402-580.jpg

ugotahondaeh?
03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Battlefield Bad company 2 over HERE (http://impulsedriven.com/bfbc2) for $5. Enjoy

EDIT: Opps, deal is dead

arian_ma
04-01-2011, 08:31 AM
If you have never played it, Crysis is an awesome game

Unknown303
04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
download steam = "fry holding cash"
I like steam mainly because I rarely if ever care enough to try and resell games.

msommers
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
When/If you do get some of the games listed here, let us know the settings you're able to play the games on!

BlackArcher101
04-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Give Torchlight a try. If you liked Diablo you may like that one as well.

Only $15 on steam.

stealth141
04-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Get crysis 2! It's awesome

v2kai
04-02-2011, 02:51 AM
i liked playing assassin's creed on PC. Crysis series as well definitely recommend.

CMW403
04-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by A790
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. The Crysis series. Crysis 2 is good as well. Supreme Commander (RTS). Eve Online :D

Well I've played the fuck out of fallout 3 and fallout new vegas on PS3, but i've heard some of the mods they have on the PC make them a whole new game.

Originally posted by n1zm0
download steam =
http://files.sharenator.com/Shut_up_and_take_my_money_Gues_what_this_is-s500x313-149402-580.jpg

Thanks dude, I had never heard of Steam. It was exactly what I was looking for. Basically all the games worth playing on the PC are on there?

Originally posted by msommers
When/If you do get some of the games listed here, let us know the settings you're able to play the games on!

I will for sure. I downloaded counter strike source and I've been playing that on max settings and it's lightning fast, but thats a pretty old game eh?

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
Give Torchlight a try. If you liked Diablo you may like that one as well.

Only $15 on steam.

Will definitely check this one out, thanks.

When I checked out counter strike I saw Portal. Read the description, sounded interesting enough so I bought it. FUCK was that ever the best few dollars I've ever spent on a game.

I went ahead a pre-ordered Portal 2! :D

PC is sick.

msommers
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Ya, a game like Crysis(1 or 2) would be a fantastic benchmark to see what your system is capable of. I bet Battlefield 3 will be the next big one :D

n1zm0
04-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

When I checked out counter strike I saw Portal. Read the description, sounded interesting enough so I bought it. FUCK was that ever the best few dollars I've ever spent on a game.

I went ahead a pre-ordered Portal 2! :D

if you preordered portal 2, you should already have a free copy of portal 1, maybe you have an extra copy now.

jsn
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Ya, a game like Crysis(1 or 2) would be a fantastic benchmark to see what your system is capable of. I bet Battlefield 3 will be the next big one :D

this. Battlefield 3 is probably one of the biggest title coming out this year. It'll probably set a new benchmark to meet at least in game play, if not graphics also. I just hope my PC can run it half decent.

treg50
04-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Have you tried videogaming review websites... just saying :thumbsup:

tictactoe2004
04-03-2011, 08:04 AM
If they can make this game even just as good as part 1 was I promise it will be game of the year. Big "IF" but we'll see what it's like when it's released, if not Battlefield 3 will be pretty good.

The original Tribes was released in the late 90s and was bar none the best multiplayer shooting game ever. Nothing has ever even come close to matching it.

Tribes: Ascend

v8mXJI_oJMg

Oeaqq3djWBI

Atriux
04-03-2011, 02:59 PM
If you've ever tested the waters of the MOBA scene (DoTA being the primary one) and you enjoyed it, give League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth a try. (HoN is basically a mirrored remake of DoTA with features etc added on, LoL is a more casual easier to jump into version)

While it's true they both have unforgiving communities (sort of expected in the MOBA genre), if you enjoyed DoTA it might be one to look into.

SC2 if you're into the RTS scene (although a majority of the time will be playing the multiplayer).

In terms of (Free) MMO's, one I'd recommend (and it definitely isn't for everyone) is Atlantica Online. It's got a unique battle system incorporating up to 9 characters in turn based combat. However, being a F2P MMO... there are micro-transactions that while not necessarily, give an advantage (all cash shop items are obtainable through money in game, but you have to be really patient in getting it if you don't pay with real money).

Aside from Torchlight, if you enjoyed D2, you may want to check out Titan Quest (which has very similar gameplay to D2). I'd recommend trying to convince some friends to join you though, as it's definitely a LOT more enjoyable if you know the people. I did find it difficult to get into to many public games though.