PDA

View Full Version : LSAT Prep Course??

redpod65
04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm writing my LSAT in October and was planning on taking a prep class this summer...

Any suggestions?? I was debating mainly between Kaplan and Renert, so if anyone has any experiences (with the online classes or in class sessions) that'd be great! Or just any general advice on prepping

rob.cal
04-03-2011, 02:59 AM
I teach for Kaplan, and I must say, they are VERY rigorous in their recruiting, so you can't go wrong with Kaplan. In addition, they have higher score guarantees, you can check this stuff out online. Its your investment and Kaplan takes it very seriously.

Pahnda
04-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Go for a prep course if you don't have enough discipline to stick to a tight study schedule on your own. If you have a good amount of discipline I think they're a huge waste of money.

In either case, the best advice I have is to read the powerscore bibles as well as some more general study guides and course notes people post out of some of the prep courses and just find what works for you through doing dozens of previous exams. I think I went through around 30 previous exams in prep for the LSAT last June and that in itself is by far the best preparation. If you do take a prep course this advice would, of course, be in complement to the course.

Majestic12
04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Kaplan is a better option than Renert.

Best option is to just get a shitton of practice questions and work on them for 4 hours a day until your test date comes up.