PDA

View Full Version : recommend sports physio or chiro?

Skyline_Addict
04-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey dudes,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a good sports physio or chiro in the NW.

I've been having a recurring lower back injury that seems to show up every few months, sometimes out of nowhere and sometimes it is tweaked from playing soccer, like most recently.

The injury makes it impossible to sit for any period of time without making it excruciating to stand back up. Naturally it also sidelines me from physical activity.

Some of my friends have seen physios who work with orthodics too, as this can often be a source of back problems.

Red@8
04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Dr. Kanji for chiro at this place:
http://www.ascensionwellness.com/index.asp

I would suggest if you want or end up needing orthotics you see a good podiatrist.

kenny
04-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
The injury makes it impossible to sit for any period of time without making it excruciating to stand back up. Naturally it also sidelines me from physical activity.

I just got over the same thing. Not sure about you but for me, it wasn't actually my back (although it felt like it), but was actually inflammation of the sacroiliac joint (pelvis) that resulting in my lower back pain. I had the exact same symptoms, standing up after sitting for awhile would result in ridiculous amount of pain.

Not much you can do other than pop some advils to reduce inflammation and avoid sitting as much as possible. I was standing at work alot during the recovery time.

DontBannMe
04-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Hello

I'm also looking for a great physio location

Volleyball injury. Hammed thumb

thanks
sb

colsankey
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Twin Arenas Sports physio has been great to me when I've pulled some muscules in my back and treating whip lash.

topmade
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Bump, looking for a decent place for tennis elbow. Not sure if that's eactly what it is, but it hurts like a SOB when extending and it's right at the tip of my elbow. Even with no pressure it hurts and has been there for a good two years now. Family Dr is useless as I've seen him a few times about it and he just brushes it off as excess use when I've rested it for a good few months and to rest it.

dezmarez
09-17-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.myspinedocs.com/

Two locations in the North.

One at Beacon Hill, the other at Country Hills.

turbotrip
09-17-2011, 03:21 PM
keep the recommendations coming!

thanks

Ed the SOHC
09-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I tried Dr. Kanji in panorama but I would not suggest him because I find he's more of a salesman than a doctor. He tries to sell you his package and his sessions are very short. I would recommend Dr. Sheppard's office down (Sheppard Health) in Kensington as his group works with lots of athletes (as you'll notice when you go to the office). I see Dr. Darren Yick there. He takes his time and actually cares. I know a few beyonders who also sees him (Darren specifically) and I hope they chime in.

kamakurakid
09-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Dr. Jarett Terlesky
Scarboro Chiropractic Wellness Ctr.

http://www.scarborohealth.com/

1506 16th Avenue SW
Calgary AB T3C 0Z9
Canada

I asked my dentist (a health nut) who he uses, he told me Dr. T and that he was the chiro to those in the know (meaning Drs).

On street parking most of the time, otherwise it is a couple of bucks for an hour. I always find street parking.

ddduke
09-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Try Jonathan Reimer at Advantage health Aspen 403-242-9321.

He works with a number of Olympians which is what made me assume he was good. I've seen him twice, once for rotator cuff and another time for a trap injury. Both times he got me healed up within a few sessions.

I even explained to him that I don't have time to constantly see him so to teach me stretches to do on my own and alternative excercises for when I'm at the gym and he did.

I'm really happy with how things turned out.

calgarygts
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Elite sports therapy in marda loop. Both Murray and Shawna Heber (husband and wife own it) are great, he's been working with the bobsleigh/skeleton/luge athletes for a few years and has gone to the summer and winter olympics as part of the Canadian medical team. Excellent for sports injuries.

PD77
09-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Crowfoot Physio was the only place where my wife saw results after an accident completely messed up her back. I have also been going to see Tim there for a strange ankle injury and so far it's been going really well.

Highly recommended.

TrU-PaK
09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Try Jonathan Reimer at Advantage health Aspen 403-242-9321.

He works with a number of Olympians which is what made me assume he was good. I've seen him twice, once for rotator cuff and another time for a trap injury. Both times he got me healed up within a few sessions.

I even explained to him that I don't have time to constantly see him so to teach me stretches to do on my own and alternative excercises for when I'm at the gym and he did.

I'm really happy with how things turned out.

I've tried about 6 physio/chiro places in the past couple years as my back is also messed up.

Jonathan is amazing - I wish he was still at the Royal Oak Advantage Health......Aspen will be a hell of a drive for you.

In creekside next to scottsman there's another Advantage Health Clinic. I transferred there after Jonathan moved to the south location. I believe the guys name is Sean .... also very good!

Good luck with it.