PDA

View Full Version : Good/Free Cloud drive websites?

403Gemini
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, I was in China for the last week and a bit with a tour group and one of the people lost their camera 2 days ago just before we were about to leave, so I was thinking of setting up a Cloud drive with a login / password and setting up folders for each group of people to upload their photos so hopefully that person can re-coup some of their losses... sure it's not THEIR photos, but it would certainly help. Just wondering if anybody has any experiences with cloud drives and could recommend a site/service?

Thanks!!

nagooro
04-03-2011, 11:26 PM
dropbox?

djayz
04-03-2011, 11:40 PM
+1 for dropbox

humyo is good too for media :thumbsup:

403Gemini
04-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Hmm I'd prefer not to have to go through the effort of making another email account and having people log into it , or having them download software (since some of the people on the trip were older, so I want to make this as simple as possible).

Looks like Humyo is no longer available :(

Anybody else have any other suggestions? Just need something that can easily be logged into using a web browser to upload photos. (btw, dropbox will be great for me personally so thanks for telling me about that lol :) ).

sneek
04-04-2011, 12:23 AM
How about Skydrive through Hotmail.

I think it gives you 25 gigs and you can make some photos public.

nagooro
04-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I am pretty sure if you made a dropbox account, you could just put all the pictures into one folder, or compress it to a winzip/rar file and just send them the direct download link.
I know it works for single files, not 100% sure about folders. :dunno:

edit: rapidshare.com also allows you to upload compressed rar files without creating an account. However I think the download link is temporary, maybe exists for a few days?