PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Status

Mike09
01-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey, I was just wondering what rebuild meant on Vehicle Registration Slip's. Thanks Mike

sxtasy
01-13-2004, 08:52 PM
I believe it means that the vehicle was a write off and restored

CRX-R
01-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
I believe it means that the vehicle was a write off and restored

Could also mean you're buying a stolen car. Be careful

CelicaST-162
01-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R

Could also mean you're buying a stolen car. Be careful
I may be in the same situation...
The car I might be buying has a restored title on it, the owner provided vehicle history, and the cd player was stolen....so the car was written off because of that...should i be suspicious?

CRX-R
01-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162

I may be in the same situation...
The car I might be buying has a restored title on it, the owner provided vehicle history, and the cd player was stolen....so the car was written off because of that...should i be suspicious?

Based on that info I'd be a little suspicious

sxtasy
01-13-2004, 11:17 PM
The car was written off cause of a stolen CD player:confused:
Doesn't make sense to me:dunno:

CelicaST-162
01-14-2004, 12:09 AM

crazy as it sounds yeah...:( ....what should i look out for then?

dcoultis
01-14-2004, 12:25 AM
My truck has a rebuilt status, and i dont know for what, and i dont care because it was checked out before it was bought by a licensed mechanic. I would look for signs of body work that has been done or changed, like overspray from a repaint, or signs of bondo and door jams and fender gaps that are un even. Maybe the cd player that was stolen from the car your looking at was a crazy ass expensive one worth more than the car :dunno:

sxtasy
01-14-2004, 12:33 AM
yah, either a really cheap car or really expensive CD player. Sounds BS to me though. Have the car checked for bondo (with a magnet) and have someone inspect the frame.

CRX-R
01-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by dcoultis
Maybe the cd player that was stolen from the car your looking at was a crazy ass expensive one worth more than the car :dunno:

yeah, because that's how it works. :rolleyes: Just look a little further into the story Mike09. This is how alot of stolen cars are remarketed. With a VIN number from a write-off passing as rebuilt.

hearse
01-14-2004, 01:01 AM
If it was just a "cd player" i wouldn't buy that, however perhaps the car had an entire system that was worth more than the car itself. So if the insurance company had to pay off the system it would have been more than paying off the car. What kind of car are we talking about here?

yakish
01-14-2004, 09:26 AM
well it actually does. In this case it would be a recovered theft. And the car will still have a rebuilt title. But still u have to check for some ather things missing