PDA

View Full Version : Beyond ballers: New Cobra Jet?

Sentry
04-04-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/04/ford-delivers-2012-mustang-cobra-jet-racers-lays-claim-to-quick/

Cobra Jet buyers from all over came from as far away as Calgary, Alberta and Puerto Rico to participate in the ceremony and take delivery of their new racecars, and we're betting they would have made the trek even without the sheet cake. All attendees signed a 2012 Mustang Cobra Jet hood that will later be placed on the walls of the production facility.

Anyone know who bought it? Know if it'll be making passes at RCMP this season? :clap:

leftwing
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Thats absolutely retarded. At the end of the article it says the owners say its much cheaper to spend 100,000 on an already built car than it is to build one. Buy a $20,000 GT and spend $80,000 in upgrades you better be breaking into the 9's.

Sentry
04-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Reliability is the biggest selling point.

The guy said it best. They've already broken all there is to break. The R&D and trial and error has been done for you (the owner).

leftwing
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
That is true. But still they offered no warranty on the cars. To me thats a risky investment on something that your pushing to its extreme limits (aka trying to break).

Impressive none the less. After watching the short video and the guy telling me the two clients are either collectors or actual NHRA racers makes me feel a bit better. I'd be pissed if it was rich dudes who knew nothing about cars buying these cars to take to secret street friday nights.

Sentry
04-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Well that's why I was wondering if it will even be making passes at RCMP. Chances are it won't be spending most of its time in Calgary, but down in the states racing at NHRA events/tracks.

Toma
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Or, you could call John Mihovitz at Accufab and order one of their 1400hp modulars.

Still, cool car for sure.

Shlade
04-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by leftwing
Thats absolutely retarded. At the end of the article it says the owners say its much cheaper to spend 100,000 on an already built car than it is to build one. Buy a $20,000 GT and spend $80,000 in upgrades you better be breaking into the 9's.

80 Grand? 80 Grand?

Give me a list of parts that you think would cost 80 grand to get that car into 9`s?

How does 50 Grand in total sound to you? Including the cost of the car.

2011 5.0 Mustang
Lca's, Uca's
Rear sway bar
exhaust,intake, intake manifold,
Front sway bar removal
Nitrous
Some simple weight reduction
Big and littles.

You have your self a 9 second car no problems.

Shlade
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Or, you could call John Mihovitz at Accufab and order one of their 1400hp modulars.

Still, cool car for sure.

the amount of work itd take to put that engine in and running would be retarded. Somebody with A LOT of experience with engine swaps would be good at that lol

texasnick
04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
One of the cobrajet owners (I think it was an '11, and I'm assuming he must have bought a new one)was out at race city last year for secret street.

They spared no expense on that car. Seriously badass that you can buy a car that fast from a manufacturer.

jdmXSI
04-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by texasnick
One of the cobrajet owners (I think it was an '11, and I'm assuming he must have bought a new one)was out at race city last year for secret street.

They spared no expense on that car. Seriously badass that you can buy a car that fast from a manufacturer.

I remember seeing him out a few times last year. But i thought he was running in the 9's?

texasnick
04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I meant it was a 2011 model...Yeah he was in the 9's on the break-in period of the motor. The engine bay of that car was honestly one of the nicest I have ever seen.

leftwing
04-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

80 Grand? 80 Grand?

Give me a list of parts that you think would cost 80 grand to get that car into 9`s?

2011 5.0 Mustang
Lca's, Uca's
Rear sway bar
Front sway bar removal
Nitrous
Big and littles.

huh? Im confused...what I said agrees with what you said..

beyond_ban
04-05-2011, 03:43 PM

80 Grand? 80 Grand?

2011 5.0 Mustang
Lca's, Uca's
Rear sway bar
Front sway bar removal
Nitrous
Big and littles.

SLow down chief, he didn't say you had to spend $80k, but if you were too you car better be as quick as the $100k cobra jet.

Shlade
04-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by leftwing

huh? Im confused...what I said agrees with what you said..

mah bad

id still go my route hehe :bigpimp:

If im spending 100k on a car id hope I could drive it on the street. Cobra jet nahhh wayyyy

leftwing
04-05-2011, 07:02 PM

mah bad

id still go my route hehe :bigpimp:

If im spending 100k on a car id hope I could drive it on the street. Cobra jet nahhh wayyyy

Agreed, If I'm spending 100K I'd definitely want to be able to drive it for more than 9 seconds at a time.