PDA

View Full Version : Lease Space in Downtown

crazieness
04-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows what the avergage cost of commercial lease space is going for in DT calgary now? Is there a reference point I can look at? i.e. website

I'm looking at leasing down near the east village.

dannie
04-06-2011, 04:36 PM
www.icx.ca is the commercial version of mls. They have some for lease and some for sale on there.

I have retail space in Inglewood on 9 Ave that I lease out to a long term tenant. I can send you the information on mine if you don't get the info you are looking for.

tpurcell4
04-06-2011, 04:45 PM
you can also try www.loopnet.com for commercial property. Sometimes it is more extensive than icx.ca

Khalil.e
04-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Are you looking for office or retail?
Prices will vary from being right in the core to outer areas like East Village or Inglewood.

ICX probably has less than 20-30% of all leasable space throughout Calgary.

Your best bet would be to contact an active commercial agent and/or look around on commercial brokerage websites and make some calls.

Look at:

Colliers
CBRE
Avison Young
Cushman Wakefield
NAI
Barclay

crazieness
04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys,

Khalil.e: I'm looking for retail space.

I'm getting quotes that range all over the place. One building is offering $30/sqft as min rent and $30/sqft for operating costs (includes all utilities).

Accross the street, they offer $14/sqft as min rent and $14.50/sqft for opperating including all utilities.

That is half the price!

Do realestate agents get paid a commission if they find a tenant for a leased space? I wouldn't have an issue going this route if their able to help with the negotiation.

R-Audi
04-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Brokers get commission similar to Real Estate Agents when leasing, and to be honest if its a long lease or larger amount I wouldnt go without one! Landlord pays... so dont worry about it.

Downtown commercial can range from 14 to 50 plus Op Cost.... Dont forget all quoted rates are negotiable!

BananaFob
04-08-2011, 02:40 PM
It depends on the class of the building as well. In downtown there's AA all the way down to C with varying lease rates. AA and A class is going for around $30-40ish while B class is around $15 right now. That's PSF per annum, not month. You can take a look at the office market reports at any major commercial brokerage and take a look for yourself.

crazieness
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the response, how can find out what the classification of each building would be? i.e AAA AA B C etc?

It obviously has something to do with location, access, etc.