PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Record Check

Ben
01-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Okay.

I'm doing some independant contracting for a company and they require a Criminal Record Check. I have had this done with several of my past employers. Is there any way I can obtain those and submit that to the new employer, cause I dont feel like paying 30 bucks and waiting 2-6 weeks for one. I find it odd I should have to pay for it as this is not a requirement to get a job in this province, all my past employers have done this on their tab, but apparantly thats the way it works. Does anyone have any information regarding this?

roopi
01-13-2004, 11:21 PM
2-6 weeks???

You can go down to the CPS and have it done the same day. At least thats how it was when I had it done.

EK 2.0
01-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Background Checks are needed if it has been more than 6 months since your previous one, is most companies rule...If the past companies have picked up the tab for your old ones, then basically they belong to them...BUT you can still call the H.R. departments and see if they will fax you a copy or what have you...

If you pay for this one outta your pocket...all you need to do is show it to them and they only have to make a copy, this way you can keep the orginal one for futher use if need be...

Hope this helps you out Ben...

Ben
01-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Fuck, I dont wanna spend 30 bones, hahaha, Thx for the help guys.

Davetronz
01-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by roopi
2-6 weeks???

You can go down to the CPS and have it done the same day. At least thats how it was when I had it done.
Mine took 2 weeks even though I needed it because I was scheduled to work the next morning.

Fluidic
01-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Ben... talk to Colin from Auto-X -- I went down to his District Station and had a background check performed when I made a request for a ride-along. It was super simple, quick and of course -- free. :)