PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Help???

NUTZONYOCHIN
01-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi, Im running Windows XP pro and I'm having problems with it. First in Outlook express I cant click on a link to access it, I have to Copy and then Paste it into my browsers address bar. Second I cant do much with MSN, if I click on one of my contacts names and go to veiw a profile or play a game it will not connect. So basicly I cant access any links outside of my browser window???

Any ideas on the cause of this? Thanks

Also (May Be Related) My Outlook express takes about 3 full minutes to load, and there are no other applications running. It has gotten so bad that I dont ever close it because it takes to long.

YCB
01-14-2004, 12:14 AM
maybe ur comp is too slow.. try reinstalling

Khyron
01-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by NUTZONYOCHIN
Hi, Im running Windows XP pro and I'm having problems with it. First in Outlook express I cant click on a link to access it, I have to Copy and then Paste it into my browsers address bar. Second I cant do much with MSN, if I click on one of my contacts names and go to veiw a profile or play a game it will not connect. So basicly I cant access any links outside of my browser window???

Any ideas on the cause of this? Thanks

Also (May Be Related) My Outlook express takes about 3 full minutes to load, and there are no other applications running. It has gotten so bad that I dont ever close it because it takes to long.

The link thing is MAPI - but I don't remember having a problem with that since win9x. Is it underlined and is clickable but doesn't open IE (bad file association) or is it just not clickable at all?

Khyron

NUTZONYOCHIN
01-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

The link thing is MAPI - but I don't remember having a problem with that since win9x. Is it underlined and is clickable but doesn't open IE (bad file association) or is it just not clickable at all?

Khyron

Yea they are all good links that should be able to be accessed just by clicking on them, but like I said when I click on them nothing happens, I can tell the Computer is not even attempting to open them.

YCB, I just reinstalled about a month ago and I really dont want to do it again ( After my last reinstall everything was fine, it just started doing this about 2weeks ago ) I will reinstall if I have no other choice but it takes about 2hrs to install and configure everything the way I want it.

Should I try a System Restore? And if I do and go back lets say 3 weeks, will I lose any new files I have recently downloaded etc...??

Thanks