PDA

View Full Version : OoP inspections

lellowrx7
04-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I ended up buying a car last week, the guy said it was registered in alberta previously. It had an alberta plate on it for the test drive and stupidly i thought nothing of it.
I go to get it registered and they said its never been registered in canada. fuck.
luckily i found the form 1 in the glove box so whatever i guess ill just go get the oop and fix whatever needs to be fixed.
Now, where have you guys gone and had decent experiences with??
Ive used harbor auto in the past, always good guys but i wanna see if anyone else has been to a more lax place.
I know a few things will fail and i plan to do most of them tomorrow but i dont want to get the oop back and have 10 fail checks due to cracks or little things like that.

turbotrip
04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
if theres a lot of issues and you dont want to fix anything then make a WTB thread on kijiji and you will find someone who will pass it without even looking at it. theres a few local shops which respond to those postings on kijiji

lellowrx7
04-10-2011, 01:47 AM
seriously?
i never even thought of that lol
worth a shot for sure

Jeremiah
04-10-2011, 09:18 AM
There's an expiry on the form 1. Call RIV and make sure everything is kosher

Mr.William
04-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Where is the car from ?

Cos
04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
You need an RIV inspection if it hasnt been registered in Canada. Much more complicated than just an OOP.

Did you check the door jam for a Canadian RIV sticker? If it was originally a US car.

lellowrx7
04-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Just needs an oop it's from japan

Vr4Whore
04-14-2011, 09:02 PM
you will need the form 1, export certificate and the bill of sale
form 1 does NOT expire

hopefully it was very cheap lol, assuming the seller ran away? You should contact AMVIC, maybe they can do something about this..

lellowrx7
04-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Im looking into that, thanks for the idea id never heard of them.

The cars getting the oop tomorrow so hopefully everything goes smoothly. Ive put alot of my own time into it just trying to get things ready.