PDA

View Full Version : Red-Light Camera Ticket

dharminder
04-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I got a red light camera ticket in the mail and I did a quick search could not see anything on it. So I wanted to ask has anyone been successful at taking the ticket to court and either have it thrown out or reduced?

I got the ticket end of January when we had the cold stint and I can't recall 100% how the road condition was but was hoping to fight the ticket based on saying the road conditions were not the best. I plan on printing out the weather for that entire week to show that it was indeed cold and possible slamming of the breaks could have caused me to lose control.

I know I went threw the light I don't intend on lying about that just hoping to have it reduced.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

wintonyk
04-10-2011, 10:05 PM
maybe you should have been driving at a reasonable speed so you could stop in time? seems to me thats what they would say.

worth a shot fighting it though. almost always is

Troll-ol
04-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I got mine reduced to 175 from whatever the real price was. For no reason at all just told him to lower it a bit.

revelations
04-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Troll-ol
I got mine reduced to 175 from whatever the real price was. For no reason at all just told him to lower it a bit.

What type of Red light / speed on green ticket is more than 175$ bucks ? :eek:

OP in your case, the situation is a typical "failue to adjust to conditions" - which is what they will likely throw at you if you try to fight.

However if the above poster is correct, some tickets can be reduced.

J-D
04-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by revelations

OP in your case, the situation is a typical "failue to adjust to conditions" - which is what they will likely throw at you if you try to fight.

However if the above poster is correct, some tickets can be reduced.

Running a red is like $287 isn't it?

Merritt
04-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by J-D

This would be correct, approximately of that.

chkolny541
04-11-2011, 12:26 AM
agreed, these camera tickets are pretty tough to fight, if roads were crap as you said, then you driving driving too fast for the conditions, YOU should have been driving slower and more cautiously. Refer to http://forums.beyond.ca/st/330711/180sx-saved-my-life/
when you try and run a red light again :thumbsup:

revelations
04-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by J-D

Thanks, didnt know it was that much.

Troll-ol
04-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by revelations

However if the above poster is correct, some tickets can be reduced. I believe it was originally around 300 dollars and reduced it to 175, so I couldn't complain since I had no reason to fight the ticket, just wanted it lowered.

SPEEDY Zoom
04-11-2011, 12:47 AM
your lucky camara tickets dont add points to your license. go to court ple guilty and they might reduces the fine, or pay someone to go to court for you "traffic ticket poeple" and they might get a better deal.
Anyways its going to cost you $$$. And your idea of blaming the weather is not going to work, your not the first person how used this excuse, they are going to tell you you should have been driving more carefully due to the weather.
slow the fuck down speedy.

Tram Common
04-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by SPEEDY Zoom
slow the fuck down speedy.

I love how condescending and absolutely arrogant Beyond members come across over simple questions like this.

He's just fucking asking a question... calm the fuck down. Like you've never got a ticket, or ever been pulled over for a ridiculous reason? Like you're the fucking epitome of the law abiding citizen. :facepalm:

dharminder
04-11-2011, 07:47 AM
The ticket is for $287.
The speed on the ticket is 51km.

I was just looking for a rough idea from fellow beyond members if they had any luck to have the ticket reduced that’s all. I will try my luck and worst case they say no.
I will update this with the result.
Thank you to all with contributions to the thread

superflychief
04-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I just took my ticket to the court house to talk to the DA. Told him some bullshit about an emergency vehicle behind me that I was trying to clear the road for. He reduced it :D

wardpr68
04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Tram Common

He's just fucking asking a question... calm the fuck down. Like you've never got a ticket, or ever been pulled over for a ridiculous reason? Like you're the fucking epitome of the law abiding citizen. :facepalm:

Boom. I always think this when these threads get going.

dharminder
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
UPDATE:
Went to court building this morning. Said that the weather was a factor bla bla bla. The guy did agree the winter has been harsh and knocked off $115 from the ticket.

SilverRex
04-12-2011, 11:49 AM
not a fan of the red lights both being a photo radar as well as catching red light passers

since I tend to get very excited and try to time the set of lights and when your in the odd situations where it's yellow, I would step on the gas but at the same time worried if the photo radar would kick in for speeding

what a trap :banghead:

Kennyredline
04-12-2011, 12:04 PM
MODS!!!! THERE NEEDS TO BE A SEPARATE FORUM FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!!

schocker
04-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
MODS!!!! THERE NEEDS TO BE A SEPARATE FORUM FOR THIS CRAP!!!!!!
Well there is a separate forum for suggestions you know :rofl:

dexlargo
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by dharminder
...anyone been successful at taking the ticket to court and either have it thrown out or reduced?

...I plan on printing out the weather for that entire week to show that it was indeed cold and possible slamming of the breaks could have caused me to lose control. I've seen them get thrown out on an 'I couldn't stop because of road conditions' defence before, but I've also seen convictions on the identical facts. Basically, it's like the others have said, if it was too slippery to stop, you were driving too fast.

Doesn't mean you can't get the ticket reduced though - as you learned, all tickets can be reduced as long you're not a jerk with the prosecutor.

Originally posted by dharminder
The speed on the ticket is 51km. And this is why you would fail if you ran a trial. I'm guessing that the speed limit was 50. This would mean you made no effort to stop at all. Trying to stop but failing would open the door to getting the ticket thrown out.

polarice
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I had the same ticket, plead not guilty, got a court date. Showed up and the crown didn't have any info on it and it was thrown out.

Otherwise you can plead guilty to the failure to obey traffic control device which drops your 287.00 to 172.00

Merritt
04-14-2011, 08:27 AM
What if you ran through the red light after the yellow light just disappeared? This would suck.

But again, it happens I guess.